Adventist Online

Yesterday I discovered a Christian chat site that was the most welcoming site I have ever been to. The founder or one of the key people, who does programming all of the site etc. as well as admin work, came in voice directly to me with new technology he was testing.

At first when I heard this voice talking to me, I was surprised, He introduced himself as Mr. Troy. He helped me through everything, taking me into a beginner's chat room, spent time with me personally. The attitude was completely love of God and friendliness. Within minutes they had accepted me, it didn't take weeks like on this site. They had me fill out a form, verify email, informed me of the rules which are strict as regarding blocking people or other means of correcting violation of the rules and dealing with those that are abusive, unkind and just plain mean, unlike this site.

The Christianchat.com principle officer Mr. Troy was incredible in service, acting Christ-like and I praised him and thanked him for how he conducted himself. This was a great witness. When Mr. Troy took me to the chat rooms to show me how things work, everyone there was kind, friendly, non-combative, non-denominational, and accepting, the way God excepts people in their imperfections and sin into the body of Christ.

After I figured it out, I was in the Biblical Study chat room. People disagreed sometimes, but they remained civil, not attacking the individual, but stating their position without judging the individuals they disagreed with, unlike what happens on this site if someone has a view other than standard dogma.

Many people in the Biblical Study chat room did not know much Biblically, some knew from their mostly institutional church, and some were wise on some particular issue. There was no attacking there regardless, there was freedom to speak, with no one telling you to stop or shut up, unlike here.

I answered questions and made statements backed up with scriptures and people were accepting of me as a person and didn't question my spirituality or sincerity, in fact they respected me, as any man or woman of God should be respected, as a brother in Christ. There were disagreements, but mutual respect, unlike here.

I see on Facebook for this site that there are people that for months have not been accepted and no word has come from the admin here, unlike the Christianchat.com site. A friend of mine Bob wanted to join  Adventistonline. He made several applications, none were acceptable and he waited months, with no word. He gave up. This is apparently a closed and exclusive society for the most part on this site.

I don't want to disparage individuals who are kind on this site, there are many, I have made friends here though we disagree on a few topics, but agree on many, and I don't want to impugn the admins here, for it is a hard job I am sure. I am thankful that I am able to meet people that I can pray for and maybe help them in some way. But I think that this site could learn something from this wonderful chat site Christianchat.com, the way they operate, and the way people conduct themselves.

I am very critical of those that falsely accuse and attack the individual here and are mockers, but I have none of that trouble at this other site. The contrast was incredible. The atmosphere was completely different in a good sense. There wasn't that heavy you better believe our doctrines or else attitude.

It was open, free and yet decently and in order, and I saw no abuse. By the way, the other site has experienced bad situations where people took advantage, they have learned by experience how to correct those problems while maintaining a friendly, supportive and inclusive and excepting environment.

This unfortunately is a sad commentary of contrast. Look, there are wonderful people here, but some here are over the top in their accusatory attitudes and lack of tolerance of any thing they disagree with.

One should retain an open mind for the truth, as well as respecting divergent views, thats why the founding fathers of this country installed the First Amendment. Some of you would like to stop certain views that you don't like. The Freedom of Speech etc. allows for ideas to flourish, and hopefully the best ideas, learning and wisdom and knowledge will win out in the end. 

Views: 1148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes we have two kindred souls here who is rejecting the SDA Doctrines  and replacing the Prophet with a new one that they think better suits their ways. 

I never said I have the gift ministry of a prophet! But if the definition of prophet is one who speaks for God, which we all have potential to do, as all believers can operate the manifestation of prophesy (to be distinguished from the gift ministry of a prophet.), but one must believe it is available and operate it by faith, as Paul said in I Corinthians 14: "         31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.  32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.  33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

There are many here that are not peaceful if someone comes in with something you don't agree with.

If the Apostle Paul or Jesus Christ showed up in person, you would tear them to pieces, or bite and devour them?

That is a silly idea as the Bible is clear that no such manifestation will not happen with Gods approval. But indeed the Devil will be able to accomplish this. As the Bible says this:

Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

You neither know the scriptures nor the spirit of God how it operates in the believer. There are nine manifestations of holy spirit, and you know have no knowledge or experience in any of them.

The Apostle Paul, whom I have already quoted as well as provided information from Spirit and Truth Fellowship International above, which you either did not read or did not believe Paul, Spirit and Truth or me. In The Book of Acts period, people believed the testimony and witness not only of those that saw Jesus, but those who did not, because the spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the Sons of God, as signs, miracles and wonders followed them that believed, including speaking by the spirit of God (speaking in tongues, which you blasphemously call Demonic), speaking in tongues with interpretation, prophesy, as well as Word or message of knowledge, Wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, miracles already mentioned, and gifts of healing. You have no practically no evidences of any of these in most of Christianity including the SDA churches. That alone should make you wonder, you call me Demonic, why is it you defy allowing God's spirit to work?

The Book of Acts believers had no written word other than the Old Testament, so what was it that unbelievers saw, heard and experienced that was so compelling? The truth of the Word spoken on lips of believers by faith confirmed by the spirit of God through the manifestations of the spirit including speaking in tongues and the other manifestations above.

You as Paul would say, are carnal, not knowing how to walk by the spirit of God and listen to His Voice. You say "That is a silly idea as the Bible is clear that no such manifestation will happen with God's approval. But indeed the Devil will be able to accomplish this. You quote scripture, supposedly supporting your position?

The Apostle Paul said refers to prophesy and speaking in tongues with interpretation as being for edification, exhortation and comfort. The manifestation of prophesy that all believers could potentially operate is for those purposes. The gift ministry of a prophet has a wider gamut of subject matter and of possibly fore-telling as well as forth-telling, even though it is the same spirit of God and both types operate in a similar fashion, usually the prophet just speaks without pre-thinking the words, God gives the utterance whether it is speaking in tongues, tongues with interpretation (both the tongues and interpretation flow out as given by God), or in both types of prophesy it is the same, same with revelation of word of wisdom, word of knowledge or discerning of spirits, whether by voice of The Lord or vision, or gut feelings or other forms of revelation, they just come from the spirit. But you apparently have never experienced any of these, yet you are so opinionated, and supposedly can judge what is Demonic and what is not? 

If you cannot discern spirits by revelation, then you are completely in the dark about the source of anything spiritual unless it is something so obvious that even a fool could not err therein. Those that refuse to operate the spirit of God by cooperation, you think you are capable of judging others? Spiritual matters are judged by the written, spoken and revealed Word or Voice of The Lord, comparing spiritual things by the spirit of God. You are equilvalent to a babe in Christ, one who does not know how to walk by the spirit, as Paul would say, you are in the room of the unlearned. PERIOD

Leon you bash Ellen White and James postulates strange ideas and his own prophets.  Quite a team you two make.  Maybe you should do a Pastor Norcross book review and tell us your findings, I am certain you will be more open minded to Norcross than Ellen White. 

Well said, I hardly log on as most discussions are to prove a point or be forceful ie. Very unchristlike, it is a wonder Ellen White says in the last days many even whole churches will be lost...

Sadly Cindy that is precisely what is happening here As Brother James is forcing a new prophet on us and the progressive members are taking to it as ducks to water. 

"Sadly Cindy that is precisely what is happening here As Brother James is forcing a new prophet on us and the progressive members are taking to it as ducks to water. "

I followed the discussion and will follow it but this is a ridiculous statement Ian.

Progressive members are denouncing and refuting James French claims as much even more than conservatives members did so please stop trying to connect fringe theories to progressive members of Adventism because actually the opposite is true. It is more often than not conservative members which push and support fringe theories in Adventism.

Regards

p.s.: I remember discussions where i disagreed and provided evidence of his false claims and was jumped by conservative members all around for doing so. Among them you and some other "prominent" conservatives from this forum.

Poor old Manuela 

U feel hard done by again my heart bleeds for you indeed. I went on the assumption that Leon is a Progressive He claims to be one anyway. 

"Poor old Manuela
U feel hard done by again my heart bleeds for you indeed. I went on the assumption that Leon is a Progressive He claims to be one anyway."

Than you should address who you mean and not generalize from one person to multiple persons.

I know accuracy is not a strong trait of yours but generalization and mixing things is none the less a wrong attitude and your pejoratively phrases are very unchristianlike as well.

Furthermore i do not see Leon agreeing with James French theories on a large scale he simply pointed out that James was "complaining" about hostility and unfriendliness on the forum and wa met exactly with hostility and unfriendliness once more.

This is true and i can say that and yet still disagree strongly with his fringe theories and nutjob conspiracies he so often tries to spin.

Jahwoll Comedant 

James Is introducing a new prophet to replace EGW not a small matter I would think. Non surprisingly he will meet with some resistance I would have thought. 

"Jahwoll Comedant 
James Is introducing a new prophet to replace EGW not a small matter I would think. Non surprisingly he will meet with some resistance I would have thought."

Please explain to me how this reply fits with a christian behaviour and how one must act towards one another according to scripture?

Especially the first part were, misspelled even, you use again pejoratively and sarcastic phrases.

Show me please the verse in scripture which tells you that this is an allowed practice or even endorsed....

Regards

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by