Adventist Online

As a Christian Therapist I am often confronted with the dilemma of patients who seem to want to conquer sin on their own. They want their sin to remain a secret and conquer the sin on their own through the influence of the Holy Spirit. I encourage them to utilize the support of other loving Christians to help them with their struggle, because all of us struggle with sin and the support of others who have overcome is very powerful. Unfortunately, many patients fail to reach out and struggle alone.

So I am as asking in this forum, do you think one can conquer sin on their own or is the support of the brethren necessary?

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Rush

Not interested in your confession, just helping with support if needed.

You told me I could confide in you, and tell you about my struggles, like how someone would confess to a priest.  You also said you were a "Christian counselor".  Are you a Catholic priest?  I want you to confess, and I'll say "Called it!", but that's probably only a fantasy.  I wouldn't hold it against you, because you are what you are.  I would admire your enthusiasm, in fact.  You're not one of the lazy priests.  You go the extra mile, to sow discord among your enemies. "Concerning zeal, persecuting the church..." (Phil. 3:6).  Maybe you can be like Paul, and be dramatically converted, to join the cause you once persecuted.  Another fantasy?  Never gonna happen?  You're shown yourself impervious to the plainest explanations of Present Truth.

Do some soul searching, Leon.  Do you really want to spend the rest of your life comforting souls in popular delusions, giving them what they want, instead of the hard truth they really need?

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 

3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John  15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

People will crucify the one who robs them of their cloak of confusion, wherewith they hide themselves.  Choose to be crucified with Christ, trusting Him to raise you up into His eternal fellowship, or choose to crucify Christ, and drink blood in the 7 plagues.  Those are your only two options:  "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.", (Matt. 12:30, Luke 11:23).

Rush

I was just offering assistance as needed, and I continue to offer if you need. I'm not offering a cloak of confusion does help and support her brothers that are struggling like I am.

Leon

You're offering darkness, and peace with the murderers of the prophets, whom Jesus condemned.  If you continue in your present course, you will drink blood in the 7 last plagues.  The Lord faithfully give you a preview of what this will be like, so you will know your fate.

Hello Rush

I was offering assistance, which still stands. I am sorry you see me as an enemy.

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by