Adventist Online

Daniel 11 Supplement  ”An Exhaustive Ellen G. White Commentary on Daniel & Revelation Vol. 1” p. 376

Dan. 11:11 suggests that in 508 when Clovis gave his strong political support to Papal teachings, he began to elevate the Papacy to that position of wielding political power that became the source of the worldly strength of the king of the north. Daniel and Revelation, by Uriah Smith, pp. 323-330, 267-278, 119-127 presents good historical facts of the manner in which the political power of the Papal-supporting nations subdued those hostile to the Catholic church and elevated her to that power where she was able to persecute the people of God.

It is to this political power that the prophet points in v. 31: “And arms shall stand on his part”, and again in v. 37: “He shall honor the God of forces”. In Dan. 7:20, 21 is pictured the rise of the Papacy as the little horn, and as soon as it is brought into the limelight that little horn makes “war with the saints”, which it could not do without governmental backing. In v. 24 the same fact is mentioned as soon as the little horn arises - “he shall subdue three kings”. That is, the nations which favored her doctrines subdued the powers that opposed the rise of the Papacy.

Thus as students of Holy Writ know so well, the main feature to be brought to attention is often mentioned at the very first mention of the power brought into prophetic picture. And the first thing mentioned concerning this Papal apostasy in Dan. 7:21, 24; 11:31 is that “arms shall stand on his part” and those opposing her teaching would suffer at the hands of the nations aiding her cause.

Therefore it would be incorrect to assume that Dan. 11:31 refers to a silent infiltration of the Christian temple by teaching false doctrine. In Paul´s reference to this power he deals only with the deceptive aspect of her teachings already commencing in his day. The Papacy had already entered the Christian church, or rather arose within that temple, before she was given the political power to persecute dissenters. Thus the application of 2 Thess. 2: 3, 4 to teach the infiltration of the Papacy in the Christian temple at that time referred to in Dan. 11: 31, 41, 45 is not correct exegesis. Doctrinally the errors of the Papacy have been in the Christian church from the first century and will continue until the end. But the political power required to make war on the saints was given Rome in A.D. 538 and continued with diminishing force until 1798. In Dan. 11:40 the prophecy directs us to the time when the Papacy received its deadly wound, when the Pope was taken a prisoner by the French nation without any demonstration in its behalf by the Catholic nations of Europe which had hitherto given it their strength and power.”

But, the prophecy declares, the deadly wound is to be healed (v. 40, compare Rev. 13:3-18), then the Papacy, with political power once again to enable her to make war upon the saints, immediately proceeds to subdue the atheistic forces of Communism, employing all the resources of the Christian nations – Chariots, horses, ships – in bringing this to pass. With her one great international enemy out of the way, she is then able to “enter also into the glorious land” – that is, employ her political power against the people of God. This she does through the nations giving their sanction to the promulgation of erroneous teachings per medium of State laws. “

Views: 119

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok No in Daniel's day church teachings had already been corrupted but Daniel 11:40 is talking about the time of the end.  At the end of time "he shall plant the tents of his palace between the seas and the glorious holy mountain."  To me indicating a further placement of false teachings in the Seventh day Adventist Church Movement.  Even maybe speaking of persecution.  What do you think about this??  I don't think the Adventist church will ever be babylon

It is Not infiltration at that time but at the time of the end.

No, I don´t think SDA Church is Babylon... There are lots of offshoots who claim that.. quote from SOP: "When men arise, claiming to have a message from God, but instead of warring against principalities and powers, and the rulers of the darkness of this world, they form a hollow square, and turn the weapons of warfare against the church militant, be afraid of them. They do not bear the divine credentials. God has not given them any such burden of labour. They would tear down that which God would restore by the Laodicean message. He wounds only that he may heal, not cause to perish. The Lord lays upon no man a message that will discourage and dishearten the church. He reproves, he rebukes, he chastens; but it is only that he may restore and approve at last.... How is it that these pamphlets denouncing the Seventh-day Adventist Church as Babylon were scattered abroad everywhere, at the very time when that church was receiving the outpouring of the Spirit of God? How is it that men can be so deceived as to imagine that the loud cry consists in calling the people of God out from the fellowship of a church that is enjoying a season of refreshing? O, may these deceived souls come into the current, and receive the blessing, and be endued with power from on high. RH OCT.17,1893

I know what your trying to get at Pastor.  We should present Adventist Church in a very positive light, but if someone is sick and we don't say anything when we have the remedy, we would be at fault for not shedding healthy light on that person so they could get better.  We should present Beloved Adventist Church in positive light, but We are the Laodiceans and they don't have a very positive message from Jesus spoken to them in Revelation 3.  Jesus gives the cure.  We have to take heed and follow all the light we know and be committed to NO compromise in anything anyway.

Beloved Brother Veli from Finland.  Keep on Keeping on with Jesus...

If God can give us the interpretation on Daniel 11:40-45 we might as well share this message with Love.

I didn't know you were a pastor until recently what a blessing shepherd the flock willingly with a generous spirit which I already know you have a generous spirit

Thanks well I was in Pastoral Ministry 2 and half years  and after that I went to further studies in Theology... 

I am also pleased to see you beloved brother being very active..

Thank you for posting this material Veli.

You are most welcome ! I think we should find answers together.. each person can contribute..

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service