Adventist Online

I have met and known of several women (in the church) who have been lied to or deceived into  getting into relationships by our men. We need more honesty from our men. Discuss.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont since when, ladies never understand that the way as they dress up, can bring troubles in their way! Unfortunately men are different in reactions and impulse and the ladies dont care about....

To our shoulders, men, come the mandatory self-control on our behaviour but sometimes.....the provocation is too much.... not many can keep the control..... 

Are you serious? 

"Everyone is tempted by their own cravings; they are lured away and enticed by them. Once those cravings conceive, they give birth to sin; and when sin grows up, it gives birth to death."--James 1:14,15

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."--Jude 1:24, 25

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"--2 Peter 2:9

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."--James 1:12

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."--Jude 1:2-4

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"--1 Peter 1:3-7

I like the compilation of the Bibical text, they are powerful and should shed some light on some  of the points posted. The word of God is our only point of reference as Christians, and we should be guided by it. Thanks friend.

Dear Sarah, grace and peace.

Amen, good texts.

Can I assume that these verses would/do also apply to you when you are indecently touched or the such-like indecent behavior, from men, who obviously don't know their place. Or do they only apply to Brothers who refuse to crucify their lusts with Christ?

What do you think?

Blessings, Scott.

Hey friend long time. Welcome to the discussion. I know you have much to contribute. Although you are addressing Sarah, I agree, the text is for both groups mentioned.
Hi Sarah, am joining this discussion some days late but I feel the need to comment on your post. All the texts you quoted are true and all of us need the faith to lay hold of them and overcome by the grace that is available only in Christ Jesus our Lord. Sadly, some of us do not endure the temptations and fall into sin. Some recover but the harm that is done cannot be repaired. You asked Bennet "are you serious?". I answer, yes he is. You see, ladies think that they should dress anyhow and the man must exercise self control. They fail to realise, that like the devil sought to use Peter to persuade Christ not to go to the cross, so he uses them to tempt the weak. Each of us has his weak point sis, which the devil knows and which Sis White in the SOP tells us he prepares special temptations for. So the sister dresses all sensious and goes off to church. The Holy Spirit says to her, "girl, that out fit does not represent Christ and will cause your brother to stumble". She quotes to the Spirit all the texts you just quoted and goes off to Church anyway feeling justified. The devil exaults for he knows that he has set his trap for the brother. The brother fall into the trap and everyone calls him a sinner. The sister goes home and continues to quote those texts to the Holy Spirit to silence the voice of her conscience. But she too has sinned and while in man's book the brother is at fault, in the books of Heaven there is a different record: both have sinned.

Yes, we sometimes call  this gospel or the sin of omission- the sis. Omits to do what was right and is here blamed for the brother's sin. Ok while she has a responsibility to ensure she does not ensnare or cause anyone to stumble, the brothers have the responsibility to remain focus and trust God. I am sure the brothers encounter worst dressing etc on the street, in public transportation, store etc. Do they fall or sin each time LoL. If this is so I am sorry for them. I really can't buy that story. While the women must dress modestly and decently always, our men must discipline the faculties of there mind and body to deal with issues around.

I have had the experience of struggling to maintain my focus during  sermons too. There was on particular case where the speaker ( a tall man) had on a very  tight revealing  pants, without the pleats at the front. His penis was clearly seen bulging. Women are normal too.

We all have a responsibility to each other and to one another and we must continue to be our brothers'/ sisters' keeper.

Redva, 

The thing is that just as our sisters expect to come to church and not be hit on by the pastors, elders, deacons etc, so too the brothers expect that the sisters will nit hit on them. We all expect that when we come to church we can relax with each other and just worship the Lord in the beauty of Holiness. Instead we are hit on from all sides.Yes ladies, you hit on us by the way you dress. You say nothing verbally, but your dress is screaming at us "look me". Men have been created visual by God, what we see affects us. Women are auditory. What is said to them has a greater impact. This distinction if used in the way that God created it to be used can be a blessing, instead it is used most often to bring sin into the camp. I do not excuse either gender for tempting each other, using which ever senses, but when our sisters come to the house of God with all their breasts popping out of the dress, and just the "joining of the legs" covered, they are seducing the brethren for the devil but they say, " you all should have self control". Yes we should, by why not make it easy on us, we already have to deal with the temptress of the world every day, why should we have to deal with it in the church. So the brothers sin in their thoughts and then some go further by whispering in the ears of the sisters the thoughts that they harbored as the looked at the tempting picture of the sister and she is "righteously" appalled. Come on sisters, you may make the brethren feel guilty and justify yourself, but the one who sees all hearts knows your motive for dressing the way you did in the first place and the sin will be recorded against your name also. We NEED TO HELP EACH OTHER.   

AMAN! I can't tell you how many sisters come to church popping out of their clothes. It really is wrong.
Russell I don't to sound conceited or condesending but our brothers need to train - by the Spirit, their faculties.Lisen to me I don't wear revealing clothing ie. No. Tight clothes, no mini, no breast popping out and no outlandish hair styles in fact I cover my head for church yet I have brothers coming to touch me and say things like, "man yu sexy". Lkie " go girl". or " you are hot". All I do is to dress queenly. Dress on or below knee with a slip under, when I put on I look in the mirror especially at my back (have heavy bottom). To make sure my underwear does not print.I wear under blouse if I have low cut to make sure back and breast are covered. Yet sometime their expresion make me wonder if omething is wrong. With my dress. What's the problem in my case?

Redva, you said; "Sis come popping out of their clothes and brothers come bulging in their clothes too Ezra. Am i lying?"

I must say that I have never seen a man st church who is bulging out of his clothes. I am not saying that it is not an issue in some places but I have never seen it and can only comment from what I know.

Brother Osborne

The Lord has spoken by you this day.

True, and something that truly needs to be known, for so it is.

We are our brother's keeper.

Take Care

Walt

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link: