Adventist Online

I have met and known of several women (in the church) who have been lied to or deceived into  getting into relationships by our men. We need more honesty from our men. Discuss.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for joining the discussion W. Spence.

Bro Russel:

There are many books already about the differences between men& women! We are different a lot and the men are carry on by sight and not touch as ladies do so!

I cant believe somebody think is abnormal or non-christian feel stimulated by silhouette bodies...

In my culture we worship the body and few weight on, can cast out the ladies from beach cos they feel shame to go there if they got 2, 3 kilos overweight...they care a lot about what they dress up and they use dressing as a gun to reach their objectives ... everyone can read about it in magazine, newspapers etc they go for surgeries, liposuction even tough selling own cars, house etc and dental care are too advanced , up dated all time!

Backing subject , yes both sinned:who start provocation: lady and the trapped man! 

The lady who have got expressive hips, buttock, must to be careful do not put more evidence that is already in it!

How can we put more evidence onto what we were blessed with. As Ray says earlier, because of some persons form / shape they may need a tent to cover them Lol.

Sis SArah: have you overcome all wrong habits such  bad secular music,spicy,hot,chilli, caffeines , carbonated juices, tea, coffee, gossip, cinema, theatre, tithe, offerings,the 24 hs limits of sabbath,worship in family twice per day, attending church more than once every week, stewardship(non using credit cards, mortgage,insurance,correct use of time,correct use your talents)reverence inside church, vainglory,self-conceit,vanities(never straight/curl you hair or changing it natural colour) etc,(list never ends) ?Everyone inside/outside church look at you perfect as Jesus imitator? if have children, are they pattern to others?

You state that we can overcome the sin and its true but you showing here solution for others debilities! Have you yours?  or have got already the perfect stage, ready to be moved to heaven right now? Any "Pharisee" can do compliments to you? 

You meant not excuse for men to feel tempted if ladies show all the time their silhouette.....

blessings, 

Ha ha ha,,,,,,, don't bash so hard Bennett pray that she as well as all of us will be overcomers.
I cant! She states its impossible a good christian to feel tempted in front silhouetted bodies! (unless men not truly christians)......
Temptation is not sin but as you know heeding is sin. Temptations are over come when we act like and maintain our focus on Jesus. We must study God's word and by our conforming spiritual lifestyle- food, dress, entertainment; attitude and behaviour we will gain the victory over sin. We can and may be deceived but with the cushioning effect of the Holy Ghost we should break through. Bennett we must and should continue to pray for each other.

Bennet there is a  the chorus of a song that says:

Keep your eyes on Jesus when the tidal waves of  round you roll,

Keep your eyes on Jesus He will calm the seas of life that touch

your soul

A part of one of the verse says, we find refuge when we watch and pray.

We are prone to imperfection but our loving God has ven us the power to live above sin. Temptation is not sin but when we give it we sin. Let's keep our eyes on Jesus.

REDVA

Sorry, but that is a very biased observation.  From what I have observed, developing a relationship is a two way street.  Women are just as active in enticing men into a relationship as men are, if not even more so.  (Well, if you can be biased, isn't is OK for me to be? LOL)  As the old saying goes: "It takes two to tango." 

What I have seen is that women are on the hunt for a husband and when things get out of hand, then they claim to be the innocent party and the one who was lied to and deceived.  When in fact, very often they were a willing accomplice and believed what they chose to believe. 

What we need is more honesty on both sides. But even more, we need much more submission to God in our love life. 

When my first wife ran off with another man, I swore I would never marry again.  However, God had other plans.  I moved clear across the USA to find work and get away from the very painful situation, one there was no way to change.  What chance does a man have against an unfaithful wife, a mother-in-law and another man?  Oh, I tried, but the handwritting was on the wall.  She told all kinds of stories about me.  Like that I tried to kill her, that I beat the kids every day, etc., etc., etc.  None of which were remotely true.  Her conscience was bothering her, so she had to come up with a good story to make her infidelity look good.  (Yes, I have seen men do the same thing.) 

However, God had something very special is store for me.  Shortly after moving to a new area, I went to church, not realizing that I was being watched.  A girl in the choir who was sitting beside my aunt, saw me walk in.  When she saw me, later she told me, a voice spoke to her and said: "That is your husband walking in."  My destiny was sealed  before I even knew she existed.  When I met her, she was so very special that I ran.  No way did I want to become involved with another decietful woman, even one as special as she was. 

However, over a year later, after she had moved to Washington, D.C. and I had moved to northern California.  The Lord spoke to me and led me to her, clear across the USA, through a series of miracles that could never be just coincidence.  I went to see her for a three day visit and 38 years later I laid her to rest after a 38 year honeymoon.  I had been  honest with her and she with me and we had a good marriage.  Meanwhile, my ex continued her deceitful ways and her second home ended in another divorce.  She remarried and from all reports, that was not a happy marriage either.  She always had to blame the other person for her own failings.  Failings were never her fault. This never makes for a happy marriage.

So, while it is true that in the game of love, not everyone is transparently honest.  But, that is normal, for one who does not have honest relationship with Jesus.  Only when we are totally submitted to Jesus can we find the happiness that only He can offer.  So, instead of being concerned about how honest the men are, shouldn't it also be a concern about how honest the women are in their relationships?  It is a two way street, don't you know.

Maranatha :)
Ray

Hello Friend Ray

I have copied a section of you post (see below) to rebut,

What I have seen is that women are on the hunt for a husband and when things get out of hand, then they claim to be the innocent party and the one who was lied to and deceived.  When in fact, very often they were a willing accomplice and believed what they chose to believe.

The women you alluded to in the highlighted section are unconverted women. A truly converted women do not leave herself open and bare an exposed because of a need. A chase child of God waits on the Lord, her provider.

You told me your story already but this is a little different from the first episode if I am not mistaken LOL..

I agree with the statement below we have wretches in both gender but I emphasized the men because some women are so desperate that they blindfold them in the name of love. Not trying to be mean.

So, while it is true that in the game of love, not everyone is transparently honest.  But, that is normal, for one who does not have honest relationship with Jesus.  Only when we are totally submitted to Jesus can we find the happiness that only He can offer.  So, instead of being concerned about how honest the men are, shouldn't it also be a concern about how honest the women are in their relationships?  It is a two way street, don't you know.

My point here is that wheat and tares grow together in the church so instead of "hunting" for a husband or wife we should set our first priority to seeking the kingdom first. You see if we make God's business first and foremost in our lives then He will reciprocate as He promised and we would avoid all these heart rending problems. My friend is passionate about her work and it is very disappointing to see the way she is treated in church.
It is so sad, your friend sought the Lord and went on His mission but the blinded eyes, fleshy, hypocrites were there to trick, seduce, use and abuse her. The day is coming.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service