Adventist Online

I have met and known of several women (in the church) who have been lied to or deceived into  getting into relationships by our men. We need more honesty from our men. Discuss.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Redva

You wrote:

"balance now, different from the previous post" .

Was not the last post I saw from Russell balanced?

"But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak." 1 Cor. 8:9 

By the Bible etc, there is a valid concern.  The Christian woman (professing), needs to take note of her way and manner of dressing.  This, in order to be a most effective witness for the Lord -- to win souls.

Are we not always to be "on the job" as servants of the Lord?  Then for both men and women, presentation is important.  Yet the societal standards have fallen very low, and we too as a people are influenced, so that at the mere mention of the standard (that which is the SDA standard), one is thought to be "old fashioned" or strange.

Hear me now and see:

The Christian woman should not wear what is commonly known as "bathing suits" in open public view, and there should be no mixed (men and women in public), swimming.

Men too should keep their shirts on in mixed company.

How does this statement sit with those professing Godliness?  True or false?

Take Care

Walt

Walt, 

That is the word man. Most of our sisters dress like the ladies of the world, no matter the position they hold in the church. When I was growing up, you couldn't tell where the sisters undergarments were passing. All you saw was a beautiful flowing dress that complimented the person but did not lead to thoughts of what was underneath. Today, what is beneath is barely covered. We know that dress reform is a part of the three angel's message. When we all unite to obey the message that we preach, then some of the issues that we are presently struggling with will disappear. So the brothers deceive and the sisters deceive BIG TIME. If we are deceivers, then we are doing the work of the devil and we do not belong to Christ. We need to individually search ourselves and clean up our act. Those that are surrendered are never deceived, no matter the situation. Redva, I have tried to be as balanced as I could in all my postings. If one does not align with what you expect, then I ask that you re-read it and put aside your biases :) while you are doing so. Yes I present the male side more fully, because its the side I more fully understand and sometimes I think " if the sisters could only know what they put us through there would be a change". Maybe this will help.......I hope. 

Going off to church now will continue the discussion after.

Russell I do not agree with the statement below Russell. It is not true. Go back and search through Biblical stories and personalities and prove to me that all the persons who were deceived were never surrendered to God.

'Those that are surrendered are never deceived, no matter the situation.'

Why do you think the Lord says He is going to shorten the days for the elect sake?

Back to you Russell, I presented myself as to my demeanour in dress etc. and I asked a question using one of your post as reference point. Again I ask, Why do I get the same comments from the brothers as the naked, popping out sisters? Please answer.

Christina i really can't agree with you just be reminded of the text below;

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
 1 Corinthians 1:31

That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord 

Corinthians 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 3:17

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are

So you see my dear only God should be glorified. If we dishonour God to please some man lol ... woman, boy or girl that only worship focus has been shifted.

It is therefore important in choosing partner that we choose lover and worshipers of God in the truest since of the word.

When we get into the house of worship in the presence of a holy God, our only focus should be to WORSHIP in Spirit and in truth. No man can get me to change my dress to something that God will that be glorified in.

People dress differently for different occasions. Certainly we would not wear a church dress to the beach unless we are crazy fanatics. In and around the house the women (married) can choose to wear short shorts etc. I say married because I would not expect a dating woman to be wearing too short a shorts alone with a date- that is trouble. There must be a balance but in all of it God must be glorified.

Christina

One thing I have noticed is this.  Women blame the men for their problems and men blame the women for their problems.  What ever happened to fessing up and admitting that it just could be that women have their agenda's and that men have theirs?  Or am I really from the stone age? 

There is an interesting texts in the Bible.

"I have made a covenant with my eyes;
        how then could I gaze at a virgin?" Job 31:1 (ESV)  

Just how does that relate to this issue?

Maranatha :)
Ray

That men must wear their blinkers... LoL
Godliness and Christlikeness  should be the striving of every born again Christian man or woman, so there is no refuting or contending here. We must all strive for perfection which is the mastery for us. I agree with you totally, no two way about this. What I notice in this discussion about how our sisters dress, a blanket is thrown which should not be used to cover me or  a large percentage of our sisters.

Hi Redva, grace and peace.

I feel compelled to agree with Russell on this one. 

"MOST" women in church dress no different to those in the world. In my experience it is the exception to find a woman in church whose dress does not distract from seeing the person.

A woman does not have to dress purposely to attract attention in order to get it. But if you do not purposely go out of your way to dress modestly, to avoid attention, well then.....

Also Russell wrote: " if the sisters could only know what they put us through there would be a change".

Again, I have to agree.

I too, hope this helps, God bless, Scott.

Scott welcome back, and I say my I agree 100% percent with you both but as I ask Russell I am asking you too Scott. I dress queenly, modestly and appropriately so why to I get the same 'compliment(sexy, hot, go girl)  and invitations (at times)'  lol as the naked and loose? Is it something wrong with me or with the brothers?

Redva  (without the "e" G )

Since I have never seen you nor do I know you other than our discussions on AOL, please do not take what I will say as any personal criticism, for it is not intended in that way.  OK?  These are just general observations.

Today we are in a situation where we tend to:

"But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding." 2 Cor. 10:12 (ESV) 

You may dressing in a very "modest" manner (again, I have never seen you.) by today's standards of dress.  However, is it in fact modest by God's standards?  Just from my general reading in the writtings of Ellen White, plus having lived in various cultures from Amish style of dress in Northern Indiana to living around the "California girls."  Maybe a story will help me communicate.

STORY TIME

One time I was going house to house as a Literature Evangalist.  One of my first calls of the day, late morning, I knocked at a door.  A lady about my age came to the door.  She was dressed in a substantial housecoat that went from the floor to her neck.  She wanted to see what I had to offer, so she asked me to come in.  However, she asked if I would wait a bit as she wanted: "To get something more modest on." 

That was not an unreasonable request from an attractive lady, with a strange man in the home.  So I waited for her to change. 

When she returned, I did a double take.  The "more modest" outfit consisted of shorts and a halter.  Nether were very generous in what they covered.  More Modest??????  I wondered if she and I were reading from the same dictionary.  That was one of my shortest presentations.

It is not even a question that by the standards of the world that she felt more comfortable around strangers in that outfit than in her housecoat.  That was something she was use to wearing in the hot weather we were having.  But, More Modest?????

The point being that we can be become so aclimated to the worldly standards that we fail to see just what effect that they have on others.  Again, this may not apply to you at all, I am just addressing a point that I see quite often.

Another problem is how form-fitting the clothes might be.  The "form" that some have can become difficult to cover in anything less then a tent.  On the other hand, I have seen some that it would take a tent to cover their form. LOL 

It seems that today, being attractive and sexy have blended into the same meaning. 

Please do not take it to mean that I feel that men are off the hook as to guarding their eyes.  That is just as incumbent on the situation as what women wear or do not wear. 

As Christians, we must submit our wardrobe to God as well as our eyes.  This is not easy, as Satan is well aware of what buttons to push to get us to entertain thoughts that are not Christlike. 

Just some suggestions.  God designed women to be attractive to men and men to women.  It just seems that God gave women more to attract with than the other way around.  That being the case, they have to be even more careful about how they display (or not display) those charms.

Maranatha :)
Ray

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com