Adventist Online

Do you think that God raised up the Mormon Church?

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

alex,

my def of a non-believer is someone who never knew God, a person who never exposed to Jesus, but yet deep in their heart, you find a loving spirit, and then to the extreme, you find a distressed heart full of hate and anger due to the difficult times, such as russia 50 years ago, china, north vietnam and north korea, where their leadership were their God's. the native-american Indians that worship the sun as their God.  there is plenty more, but i believe this is just a partial list of the unbelievers and or the non-believers i am talking about alex.

sir james

p.s.  i'll be responding to you and ezra in my discussion, paul

Sir James! (my def of a non-believer is someone who never knew God,a person who never exposed to Jesus) These people will not be in heaven. They will not come up in the judgement to be punished. They

will be as if they had not.

Desmond, I believe that there will be people who never heard of Jesus in heaven. The reason is because nature testifies of God and there will be people whos only contact camp from that testimony. I believe that Ellen White said something to that order.
God bless.
Sir James, I think your point about being "judged according to the light they were given", is an important principle.

"In the judgment men will not be condemned because they conscientiously believed a lie, but because they did not believe the truth, because they neglected the opportunity of learning what is truth." (Patriarchs & Prophets p.55)

I think it interesting that SDA's have at times been "classed with Mormons"  (Ev 410). Mrs. White also wrote that

"at one time a man had been [falsely] reporting that he knew me and my husband twenty years ago, when we were leaders among the Mormans [Mormons] at Nauvoo! At that time I was only twelve years old!"  (2SG iv.2)

Of course people have attempted, and will attempt, to associate us with the corrupt and the foolish.

SirJames, grace and peace.

The Edoms Moabs and Amons ( prodestant churches) and those of other faiths/ non-faiths, still have to COME OUT of their false systems of worship in order to COME IN to heaven. Babylon and all who sail in her will be sunk.

When we come to Christ we are a NEW CREATURE, we die to self. So if a catholic, for example, comes out of catholicism, how then can he still be a catholic? There will be NO mormons, catholics etc in Heaven..... only converts to Christ's remnant Church who fully reflect Christ will enter.

In answer to your Original question I say no, as God never had more than ONE remnant.

Blessings, Scott.

No. They are in Babylon.

Gabe,

you said, sir james, why are you asking this question ?  Do you know anything about that church ??

Here is a photo of Gov Mitt Romney who is a possible presidential candidate for 2012.  This is why I posted this discussion, without any drama or any other reason other than but to share this to our adventist community.  is it possible for a mormon to become president of the United States,   only time will tell as to where this country is heading.

2012 presidential campaign
Main article: Mitt Romney presidential campaign, 2012
See also: Republican Party (United States) presidential primaries, 2012.

On April 11, 2011, Romney announced in a video taped outdoors at the University of New Hampshire that he had formed an exploratory committee as a first step for a potential run for the Republican presidential nomination, saying "It is time that we put America back on a course of greatness, with a growing economy, good jobs and fiscal discipline in Washington."[191][192] The announcement represented the culmination of Romney's activities; as one Quinnipiac University political science professor stated, "We all knew that he was going to run. He's really been running for president ever since the day after the 2008 election."[192]

Romney stood to possibly gain from the Republican electorate's tendency to nominate candidates who had previously run for president and were "next in line" to be chosen.[161][190][193][194][195][196] Perhaps his greatest hurdle in gaining the Republican nomination was opposition to the Massachusetts health care reform law that he had signed five years earlier.[190][192][196] The early stages of the race found a Romney as the apparent front-runner in a weak field, especially in terms of fundraising prowess and organization.[197][198][199] As many potential Republican candidates decided not to run (including Mike Pence, John Thune, Haley Barbour, Mike Huckabee, and Mitch Daniels), Republican party figures searched for plausible alternatives to Romney.[197][199]

On June 2, 2011, Romney formally announced the start of his campaign. Speaking on a farm in Stratham, New Hampshire, he stressed economic issues and said that the nation was suffering from "President Obama's own misery index".[200] He said that, "In the campaign to come, the American ideals of economic freedom and opportunity need a clear and unapologetic defense, and I intend to make it – because I have lived it."[196]
Religious aspects of public image

Romney is a sixth-generation member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church, colloquially known as the Mormon church).[39][201] Romney has avoided speaking publicly about specific church doctrines, and pointed out that the U.S. Constitution prohibits religious tests for public office.[202] Polls in 2007 indicated that about a quarter of Republican voters, and a quarter of voters overall, said they were less likely to vote for a candidate who was a Mormon.[203][138] Romney's "Faith in America" speech, delivered in December 2007, addressed the matter.[138] In it, Romney said he should neither be elected nor rejected based upon his religion,[204] and echoed Senator's John F. Kennedy's famous speech during his 1960 presidential campaign in saying "I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law."[138] Romney largely avoided discussing the specific tenets of his faith, instead stressing that he would be informed by it and that, "Freedom requires religion just as religion requires freedom. Freedom and religion endure together, or perish alone."[138][204]

One academic study, based upon research conducted throughout the 2008 primaries, showed that a negative perception of Mormonism was widespread during the election and that perception was often resistant to factual information that would correct mistaken notions about the religion or Romney's relationship to it.[205] The authors conclude that "For Romney ... religion is the central story."[205] Another study, analyzing a survey conducted during January 2008 (when an African American, a woman, and a Mormon all had realistic chances of becoming the first president from that group), found that voters had internally accepted the notion of black equality, paving the way for Barack Obama's election; had partially established but not fully internalized the notion of gender equality, making Hillary Rodham Clinton's task somewhat more difficult; but had only selectively internalized the notion of religious equality, and in particular not extended it to Mormons, thus making Romney's run significantly more difficult.[206] It concludes that the "for a Mormon candidate, the road to the presidency remains very rough ... The bias against a Mormon candidate is substantial."[206]

The June 13, 2011, issue of Newsweek magazine featured a Romney-themed cover based on the popular Book of Mormon Broadway musical, and dubbed the summer of 2011 "The Mormon Moment".[207][208][209] A June 2011 Pew Research poll, found that one out of every four American voters said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate if he or she were Mormon,[208] and analysts expect Romney's Mormonism to become an issue again in the 2012 campaign.[210]

For more information here is the link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney

A  hundred years ago, it was virtually impossible for a black to be president, or for a woman to be a vice president, if not a Secretary of state. Now there in a potential presidential  candidate who is a Mormon. 

sir james

I really don't think it matters if a Mormon is president. America is not a Christian nation and it's leaders overall are not God fearing. This really is a moot point. America will always be the evil nation that it is today.
We have those freedoms in spite of America. It is only because God allows us to have them, not because America cares.

America is not a Christian nation, agreed.  Those that say it is, resort to history, in that same way that the Jews resorted to their history to "prove" that they were of God. Of course it does not work that way.If a Mormon became president, I also suspect that it would not matter a great deal.

I suspect too, that the Devil has been 'grooming' the US society for many years, preparing it to lead out in the formation of the "Image" (i.e. the Papal Twin). Everyone in the country [in some form or another] seems to have an involvement in politics. The final test will come in a form that many will not expect.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service