Adventist Online

I often wonder did our Saviour, Christ our Lord  eat and drink wholesome foods

like milk and eggs as part of His diet.  your comments are most welcomed here.

sir james

Views: 4193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! to everyone,,There is no problem in eating meat as long we will not defile ours self. Yes, fruits and vegetables are ideal food but since we live in this unbalance world the food that we eat also not  balance. According to the study we cannot find Vitamin B in fruits  and vegetables, in fact, study found out that we can only find in meat or flesh. But let us take the middle path meaning balance. both are good in balance form and that is referring as partial vegetarianism. Milk and honey pictured during the time of old testament as abundance, in other words it is a blessing, in other point referring also a blessing to our body. Even Jesus eat fish together with His disciples. If we try to open Matt. 14 Jesus bless the 5 loaves and 2 fishes to become more, as  what miracle comes in a great need.

Am very sorry  for the late reply cause during that time its almost 12 o'clock in the evening. I hope you understand Brothers and sisters. I am a student and I need to rest early but since I am new, from this online i need to explore more to encounter new friends.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Harry

The white tail deer gets plenty of these vitamins and eats no flesh or fish. There is a long list of similar examples like the African elephant and the gorilla. We have not been prophetically called to adopt a diet that is lacking. We may, however, have to grow our own and seek organic food.

There are a number of skewed studies out there, Harry.

I think any of you may be interested to read this..

According to the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, life at the sea floor 145 miles out from the California coast has been analyzed for a total of 24 years now. There, the researchers measure the amount of ‘sea snot’ on the ocean floor. Sea snot is the highly technical term they use to describe dead sea life including fish, plankton, feces, and other organic oceanic matter. As mentioned, this snot covers about 1% of the floor, but now it seems to be covering about 98% of it.

“In the 24 years of this study, the past two years have been the biggest amounts of this detritus by far,” said marine biologist Christine Huffard, who works at the research station off of California. Multiple other stations throughout the Pacific have seen similarly alarming increases.

Throughout the study and the National Geographic coverage of it, climate change is blamed. Never mind the fact that the astronomical increase in sea snot occurred in conjunction with the Fukushima nuclear disaster—they don’t even bother to mention that.

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster occurred when an earthquake and subsequent tsunami hit the area on March 11, 2011. To this day, the amount of damage is unclear as the Japanese government along with TEPCO (the power company that owns the nuclear power plant) seem to be content to hide the truth.

Measurements taken in March 2012 show sea snot levels to be at about 1%. Just a few months later, they had grown to 98%.

After 24 years of measuring the dead sea life and recognizing that global warming is a slow-moving and ongoing effect, the scientists would have us believe the “explosion” of sea snot that occurred in just a few months’ time was a normal effect of climate change. Yeah, right.

The sheer fact that the effects of Fukushima were not even considered make the study and its findings all the more suspicious. One would think if climate change could dramatically change the volume of sea snot in a few short months, it would have had other similarly troubling effects on other aspects of the environment during the same period—effects we would notice. But it didn’t. Fukushima did.

- See more at: http://globalresearchreport.com/2014/01/28/dead-sea-life-covers-98-...

Hi! thanks for the concern: Since we live in this unbalance world non to be perfect..even the ideal food fruit and vegetable affected in fertilizer, it does not mean that we only focus in meat or flesh but we also be careful on anything that we eat even though fruits and vegetable. The only thing that we must going to do is not to condemned those who eat flesh because the Bible does not condemn on it. Mrs. White strongly emphasis to much eating can damage ourself. right! we must get the lesser evil, it is okie here in my country that we can plant fruit and vegetable without fertilizer if they have own vineyard .But sad to say What/ how about those who have no vineyard? who live in the big City? One thing that we are going to do right now is to take the middle path meaning balance. yEs! both are okie in a proper management. If we eat or drink be sure we can glorify in God.

Do you think sister White condoned it at all with statements like this?

And was she, or was she not speaking as inspired by the Holy Spirit, just like every prophet who contributed to the scriptures them selves?

...There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating, who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, & spiritual health.

Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people to walk no more with them.

(Counsels on Diet & Foods pp.380,381,382)

There is no safety in eating the flesh of dead animals, and in a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of Gods commandment keeping people. In a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation” [Unpublished Testimony, July 26 1898.]

At this stage of the earths history meat eating is dishonoring God. It is meat eating and liquor drinking that are making the world as it was in the days of Noah. These things are strengthening the lower passions of human beings, animalizing the race.” [BTS July 1, 1902 par.3]

“Let not any of our ministers set an evil example in the eating of flesh-meat. Let them and their family’s live up to the light of health reform.” [MS. 113, 1902.]

“We can not now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which  God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man’s transgression and sin.” [CD 412.1]

“There are many who feel that they cannot get along without flesh foods; but if these would place themselves on the Lord’s side resolutely resolved to walk in the way of His guidance, they would receive strength and wisdom as did Daniel and his fellows.” [CD 403.4]

Yes! you are right ..Let us not be meat eater,,but we can be partial vegetarian because eating only meat is not a proper diet. Sad to say that there are minister affected in meat eater...Yes some animals are not good, when Mrs. wrote she is affected that problem on that time.. But did you know that some fruits and vegetable are very danger also because of chemical today? ohhh what happened to our world/? The important thing that there is no condemnation on the Bible. The only thing we must to take good care of what we eat either flesh or Vegetable as long it cant cause too much unbalance of our lifestyle as what the world become unbalance of its nature. 

bye its already 12 midnight thank you for the nice discussion. God Bless

What part of those quotes makes you think she / the Holy Spirit that inspired her was condoning eating meat at all... ever...

There is no safety in eating the flesh of dead animals, and in a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of Gods commandment keeping people. In a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation” [Unpublished Testimony, July 26 1898.]

At this stage of the earths history meat eating is dishonoring God. It is meat eating and liquor drinking that are making the world as it was in the days of Noah. These things are strengthening the lower passions of human beings, animalizing the race.” [BTS July 1, 1902 par.3]

It does not say some meat.. nor at any point is it suggested. You say it is not in the Bible, but let me ask you this.. When Sister white said... 

“There are many who feel that they cannot get along without flesh foods; but if these would place themselves on the Lord’s side resolutely resolved to walk in the way of His guidance, they would receive strength and wisdom as did Daniel and his fellows. [CD 403.4]

What do you think she was referring to? Was there no clean meat in the vast reaches of Babylon? 

And yet His faithful asked for vegetables and water. 

God tries to get His people to quit eating meat many times in scripture..

God might as easily have provided them with flesh as with manna, but a restriction was placed upon them for their good. It was His purpose to supply them with food better suited to their wants than the feverish diet to which many had become accustomed in Egypt. The perverted appetite was to be brought into a more healthy state, that they might enjoy the food originally provided for man--the fruits of the earth, which God gave to Adam and Eve in Eden. It was for this reason that the Israelites had been deprived, in a great measure, of animal food.

She continues on… and I think this history is now repeating itself in the antitypical church…

Satan tempted them to regard this restriction as unjust and cruel. He caused them to lust after forbidden things, because he saw that the unrestrained indulgence of appetite would tend to produce sensuality, and by this means the people could be more easily brought under his control. The author of disease and misery will assail men where he can have the greatest success. Through temptations addressed to the appetite he has, to a large extent, led men into sin from the time when he induced Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. It was by this same means that he led Israel to murmur against God. Intemperance in eating and drinking, leading as it does to the indulgence of the lower passions, prepares the way for men to disregard all moral obligations. When assailed by temptation, they have little power of resistance.

God brought the Israelites from Egypt, that He might establish them in the land of Canaan, a pure, holy, and happy people. In the accomplishment of this object He subjected them to a course of discipline, both for their own good and for the good of their posterity. Had they been willing to deny appetite, in obedience to His wise restrictions, feebleness and disease would have been unknown among them. Their descendants would have possessed both physical and mental strength. They would have had clear perceptions of truth and duty, keen discrimination, and sound judgment. But their unwillingness to submit to the restrictions and requirements of God, prevented them, to a great extent, from reaching the high standard which He desired them to attain, and from receiving the blessings which He was ready to bestow upon them.

(Patriarchs and Prophets, Page: 378 [Chapter #33 From Sinai to Kadesh])

Yes Christ ate fish, as it was no sin then and He was meeting His people where they were.. John the Baptist, His counter part was a vegan eating locust and wild honey.

(Most people confuse locust with locus.. one is an insect, the other however is the carob bean. Which does grow wild in Israel. That "t" at he end of the word is pretty important. Keep in mind before reading this verse that John also did not drink the fruit of the vine [grape juice])

This is why Christ said...

Matthew 11:18-19

"18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. 19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children."

As far as what you said with veggies, that can easily be avoided by eating organic / GMO free or growing your own. Not exactly rocket science.

I am very thankful for your concern as what Mrs, white concerned also..Yes!  it is true, there is  a problem in indulgence of food. But let as always remember that  the comment of Mrs. White must not above to the Bible. The Bible does not condemn those who eat flesh, as long we will not defile ourself. In Biblical view of food this was divided unto 3,,First: ideal food (fruit and Vegetable), Second: Allow food (Clean meat/flesh) third, Not Allow food:Unclean( meat or flesh). The issue Daniel 1:8 is about defilement, in which the food that present to them base on the context that the food was offered to their god. In the new testament Jesus and His disciple eat fish. Even Mrs. White also eat the allow food in times of great need. In other words let as take the middle path, eat  more Fruits and vegetable and if we  want to eat the allow food no problem as long it can produce our bodies need. The advice of Mrs. White was good to take good care of our body as what the Holy Spirit emphasis on her so that we cannot defile ourself. But brothers and sisters Let us be careful let as not focus on flesh only cause our fruits and vegetable are also affected in fertilizer. What you ever eat or drink ,make it sure we can glorify God. Since we live in this Unbalance world, we must get the lesser evil. 

There is no sin in it, I agree.  However, for me, I am done with any store bought meat.  When God talks, I do my best to listen and obey.  He made it very clear to me that it is becoming imminently dangerous.  I am heeding the warning.  I did not receive a warning regarding things that are personally fished or culled.  If I do, I will stop hunting and fishing. As much as I do enjoy those things, I would put it all away if God told me to do so.

As for the rest of you, I cannot tell you to do one thing or another.  I can only do what I was instructed. 

I am glad to see you have reached some solid conviction on this issue Daniel.. 

I have prayed for you a long time, and am glad to see those prayers being answered.

:0)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by