Adventist Online

I often wonder did our Saviour, Christ our Lord  eat and drink wholesome foods

like milk and eggs as part of His diet.  your comments are most welcomed here.

sir james

Views: 4193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allow me to unpack this incredible complex statement. The brother is simply saying that one who calls themselves a vegetarian but occasionally partake either of milk, eggs, fish even while devouring their fruits and vegetables, is practicing partial vegetarianism. Some will also consume flesh when they don't have a choice etc. In other words they are not extremists. They will consume the best food available.    

Another thing he alluded to is the various types of vegetarians. These groups could be referred to as partial vegetarians: 

1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian)

The word “pescatarian” is occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. Although the word is not commonly used, more and more people are adopting this kind of diet, usually for health reasons or as a stepping stone to a fully vegetarian diet.

2. Flexitarian/Semi-vegetarian

You don’t have to be vegetarian to love vegetarian food! “Flexitarian” is a term recently coined to describe those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat.

3. Vegetarian (Lacto-ovo- vegetarian)

When most people think of vegetarians, they think of lacto-ovo-vegetarians. People who do not eat beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish or animal flesh of any kind, but do eat eggs and dairy products are lacto-ovo vegetarians (“lacto” comes from the Latin for milk, and “ovo” for egg).

Lacto-vegetarian is used to describe a vegetarian who does not eat eggs, but does eat dairy products.

4. Macrobiotic

The macrobiotic diet, revered by some for its healthy and healing qualities, includes unprocessed vegan foods, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and allows the occasional consumption of fish. Sugar and refined oils are avoided. Perhaps the most unique qualifier of the macrobiotic diet is its emphasis on the consumption of Asian vegetables, such as daikon, and sea vegetables, such as seaweed.

The last two groups are the 'elite'; they will be translated to heaven or/and have their heaven here on this earth.  

1. Vegan

Vegans do not eat meat of any kind and also do not eat eggs, dairy products, or processed foods containing these or other animal-derived ingredients such as gelatin. Many vegans also refrain from eating foods that are made using animal products that may not contain animal products in the finished process, such as sugar and some wines. There is some debate as to whether certain foods, such as honey, fit into a vegan diet.

2. Raw vegan/Raw food diet

A raw vegan diet consists of unprocessed vegan foods that have not been heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 degrees Celsius). “Raw foodists” believe that foods cooked above this temperature have lost a significant amount of their nutritional value and are harmful to the body.

jason,

nicely said.  now what do you call, a person who enjoys eating fish, but doesn't eat

the other flesh, like beef, chicken and goat and lamb. but eats fish as part of their diet,

fish and vegetables and  fruits, and no dairy products jason.

sir james

In some countries and cultures they are called vegetarians Sir James

While they may be called vegetarians they really are not.

Random House Webster's College Dictionary " vegetarian"  1. a  "A person  who does not eat or who does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or in some cases, any food derived from animals. 2  of or pertaining to vegetarianism or vegetarians. 3. Consisting solely of vegetables." 

We have no contention here. I am saying that many person are misinformed. Some of our brothers and sisters tell you that they are vegetarians but when you go to their homes they will serve you fish lol. They are very surprised that fish is not part of a vegetarians diet when this is brought to their attention. They serve you very good fish BTW. 

Do you eat fish ?

How will this help the discussion? very petty 

No it is not petty. I was just curious. If you do not wish to answer that is ok. This  may come into play regarding your past posting down playing the seriousness of the matter of eating flesh when it is not necessary to consume such. I have thought often that you post like someone who still eats flesh. Your post on being served "very good fish" validates my thinking.

I am not posting here to condemn you. I'm just trying to understand why you hold the position you do on this subject. 

Ya, my brother in law lived that way for a while.. Over time he went full veterinarian and then finally vegan about a year later.

That's another way to be kind to animals. lol.  Teasing you a bit. 

lol

Did you speak with the brother... or just for him ?

I don't think his statement was incredibly complex just incredible vague.

I believe that most everyone knows that there are different classifications of vegetarian so perhaps some were wondering what the point was.

Milk and eggs are not particularly wholesome these days. Milk has never been a natural food     for adults. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service