Adventist Online

I often wonder did our Saviour, Christ our Lord  eat and drink wholesome foods

like milk and eggs as part of His diet.  your comments are most welcomed here.

sir james

Views: 4193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a follow up to this.  There was a potluck at work, and I avoided all of the meat.  I had a conversation with someone who was asking about it, and I explained that unless I catch it or kill it, I am not eating it.  I explained that I firmly believed meat in the grocery store was no longer safe.  He agreed with me and stated that they had just recalled 16,000 pounds of beef hamburger due to e-coli.  My face went white, and it hit me, God had indeed spoken and there was a very good reason why.  It was like being hit with a prophecy come to fruition.  It is hard to explain the feeling.  But, it was like being hit with the reality of the vision.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24639403/texas-company-recalls-16000-poun...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/09/recall-beef-ra...

Nearly 9 million pounds of diseased beef are on recall.

You also need to remember friend that meats on the grocers shelf are not drained of the blood upon death and thus do not meat the same biblical standard as did the meat Jesus, and the Hebrew people ate.

At least Knife is cleaning his own meat to make sure he is in no violation in that regard.

But when you buy from a grocery store or butcher pools of blood come out of the meat.. 

More so you are eating a ton of antibiotics, steroids... etc.. Plus I just read an article yesterday that said the FDA is now allowing diseased meat to be served to the public as long as it is under a certain level of contamination.. So basically Mc Donald's can no legally put pus filled meat in a grinder and put it on your burger..

Also, how can we eat to the glory of God when eating meat, if His prophet says"At this stage of the earths history meat eating is dishonoring God"? 

Are you proposing that one can dishonor God and yet bring glory to Him at the same time?

God has been talking to us through the writings of the prophet. Are we really listening or are we waiting for some direct revelation ?

Or are we jealous when others receive it?  It is happening all around us. The Later Rain is starting to fall.  The problem is, when we become self-righteous, we don't leave room to be still and know that He is God.  When we do that, it is easier to hear.

Knife and Harry. I want to ask you question.

Is bible contradictory when in gen 9:3 it says that EVERY moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Only thing they could not eat was meat where the blood was still in it.

But in Lev. 11 it clearly says that we can not eat everything that moves?

which one we should follow and why?

Itis seen by your  posting what your" direct revelations " amount to.

So, you don't believe God revealed this danger of store purchased meat to me? He did, and it is being borne out again and again by these recalls.  The latest being 9 million pounds of beef.  God speaks to me on issues, at His discretion, not mine.  He made this very plain to me, so I responded in kind.  Because, I was given a warning, I gave it to those who were willing to listen.  Those who aren't Adventists, and the potential Adventists that do consume store bought flesh.  

Should I sit on a direct warning I was given to God, and make it of no use, except for myself?  Would I be serving God, if I were so selfish with what I was given?  

I am still trying to make sense over the statement, "I am about to bring a blight upon this land."

Another warning.  But, I wish I knew what exactly that meant.  I understand Revelation, that isn't the issue.  But, something is going to happen, unless, like Jonah it is conditional on repentance. 

Knife;

God revealed this to you about flesh in the SOP  some time ago, in fact he revealed this before you were even born. However, you have persistently rejected the message. This is not some new revelation. It has been there for a century. 

I could post many quotes that have been there all along and those that speak of how flesh by its very nature (store bought or otherwise) negatively  affects spiritual discernment in our weakened state today.. 

"God revealed this to you about flesh in the SOP  some time ago, in fact he revealed this before you were even born.  This is not some new revelation. It has been there for a century. 

I could post many quotes that have been there all along and those that speak of how flesh by its very nature (store bought or otherwise)  affects spiritual discernment in our weakened state today.."

Did she not say soon?  I was shown imminent and to stop immediately.  I was a a meat eater, it did not harm my spiritual discernment to recognize and obey what God showed me.  If you want to argue that I cannot, then you must also deny that all prophecy is of no account, as Mrs. White ate meat at good portion of her life, and God saw fit to reveal things to her.  Further, were all the prophets of the Bible vegetarians?  Is that the hallmark by which you judge prophecy, or whether or not a warning comes true?

What I was shown, can be know shown to be  true.  Now, am I claiming to be a prophet?  No, I am not.  I am only giving the message that God showed me. This was a warning not only specifically to me, but for all of us who may decide to go and purchase meat from stores.  Many, many Adventists do this.  The day I was shown this, I forbade my wife from bringing any more meat into our home.

This is the beginning of the Later Rain.  Does not every storm begin with a warning of the storm?  Don't drops fall first and then the deluge?  I am no more special than anyone here.  Nor, do I claim to be special.  God gave me a message.  I shared it.  It has come true.  What more do you want?

"

MS 115, 1903
 Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs. The eating of flesh is unnatural. We are to return to God's original purpose in the creation of man.  

(1905) M.H. 317   .

Is it not time that all should aim to dispense with flesh foods?How can those who are seeking to become pure, refined, and holy, that they may have the companionship of heavenly angels, continue to use as food anything that has so harmful an effect on soul and body? How can they take the life of God's creatures that they may consume the flesh as a luxury? Let them, rather, return to the wholesome and delicious food given to man in the beginning, and themselves practice, and teach their children to practice, mercy toward the dumb creatures that God has made and has placed under our dominion. 

Soon was a century ago."

Excellent for you.  The message was not meant for you.  With one exception, to stop hardening your heart.  It was meant for me, and all the others who are even now tempted to go and obtained flesh from stores and eateries and consume them.  I stopped as soon as the message was delivered to me.  There is nothing that could compel me to allow this in my home from that day forward.  

Mark 2:17, "When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

As to the message I was given being true.  Look at the immediate result. 16,000 pounds of hamburger being recalled for e-coil.  Now, 9 million pounds of beef being recalled, because as the NEWS stated, "diseased and unfit for human consumption."

I was given an immediate warning, not a simple counsel that it is not good for us.

But, as Jesus said:

Luke 4:24, "hen He said, “Assuredly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own country."

Again, the truism works, though I do not claim to be a prophet, only the bearer of a message to those in need.

As to what I was shown coming immediately to pass as I was shown, it brings another passage to mind.

Luke 16:31, "But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

When you harden your heart against the message that I was given from God, you attempt to lessen its meaning for those who are in need of hearing it.

Standing in the way of what God has charged someone to do is not a safe place.  Be prudent.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service