Adventist Online

I often wonder did our Saviour, Christ our Lord  eat and drink wholesome foods

like milk and eggs as part of His diet.  your comments are most welcomed here.

sir james

Views: 4193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"

Many of us have accepted the prophetic message (all of it) long before you present ,.... some of it. 

Next will you tell us that you just received a revelation that a NSL is coming  or that the Sabbath falls on Saturday ?

These things have been revealed over a lifetime ago. Why do I belabor the point? 

Because you have pushed the health message back and stomped on divine revelation come to us a century or more ago through a person and now act as though you have the prophetic gift but you only present part of the message and reject  the other."

So, you do not believe that a person is capable of change?  Paul is still Saul to you?

As to your comments, you are not on safe ground mocking what was revealed, because you are causing damage to the message.

Didn't a small voice tell you should remain quiet?  Yet you persist?

"

Why would you claim I am mocking the message ? Some of us here have been preaching this message  almost every day while you were resisting it. 

I hope you ARE changing. 

You posted "

But, as Jesus said:

Luke 4:24, "hen He said, “Assuredly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own country."

Are you saying by this post that you are a prophet, one who is not being accepted?  

Let's accept the message, all of it, and forget about if we as people are accepted ?

This is not about us."

Did I say I was a prophet?  I did not.  Did I say I was given a direct message from God?  Yes I did.  Did this message come to pass immediately after? Yes, it did.

The messages from Mrs. White, though valid, have been drowned out by those who come with hard hearts and give the messages with venom.  Perhaps, that is why God had to get my attention directly.  Perhaps, that is why I felt a burden to tell whomever would listen.

Again, this message is not to the vegetarians.  It was meant for me.  It was meant for those Adventists who regularly consume store purchased flesh.  It was meant for those who have rejected the message, because of the methodology of those who presume to speak on behalf of the Prophet.

Are messages not repeated, or underscored when important.  When warnings are imminent should those who are given that message remain silent?  I would not, could not, remain silent and be honest to the message given to me.  It would be selfish and sinful.

It is not a matter of pride, but of shame that I have to bring that message.  I admit, the message portion meant for me, but there is more.  More for those who are struggling.  More for those who have been put off by those that purport to speak for the messages given to Mrs. White.

Put aside your pride.  I had to.

Daniel said " Put aside your pride.  I had to. "

The very fact  that you say this reveals that you have not put away your pride. Do not blame the church or those whom you claim have hard hearts for your rebellion in the past. #1 You may think you know but you do not know the hearts of others.

You may claim they have hard hearts  because when you have pushed so hard against the message you were met and rebuked.  If you are now seeing the message , would you expect not to be met when you were working against it ?

I hope we can work together. 

Well, that would correspond with the image I was shown.  That yellow tray with some sort of steak on it in a pool of its own blood.

Ya.. pretty much nothing sold meets the biblical standard..

My question was. Is bible contradictory in that point?

@Harri

No it isn't.. Unclean meats were not originally unclean. God cursed the earth and in doing so cursed some of the wildlife. Some things just get worse as a consequence of mans sin.

• cursed is the ground for thy sake: Gen. 3:17 .
  • because of the ground which the Lord hath cursedGen. 5:29 .
  • I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake: Gen. 8:21 .
  • Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth: Isa. 24:6 .
  • lest I come and smite the earth with a curseMal. 4:6 .

Then again here in SOP..

“We can not now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which  God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man’s transgression and sin.” [CD 412.1]

Just like the present day.. We are told by His modern day prophet not to eat meat at all, because it to is no longer safe. God is just repeating history, as He always has.. 

I would also like to add the fact that God never rel wanted us to eat these animals. They were to be our companions on this earth. The only reason it comes up after the flood is because most of the plant life was dead for a long time after, so much so that scientists estimate %75 of the original plant life on earth no longer exists. But when enough grew back God quickly began trying to get His people back on the right track..

God might as easily have provided them with flesh as with manna, but a restriction was placed upon them for their good. It was His purpose to supply them with food better suited to their wants than the feverish diet to which many had become accustomed in Egypt. The perverted appetite was to be brought into a more healthy state, that they might enjoy the food originally provided for man--the fruits of the earth, which God gave to Adam and Eve in Eden. It was for this reason that the Israelites had been deprived, in a great measure, of animal food.”

She continues on… and I think this history is now repeating itself in the antitypical church…

“Satan tempted them to regard this restriction as unjust and cruel. He caused them to lust after forbidden things, because he saw that the unrestrained indulgence of appetite would tend to produce sensuality, and by this means the people could be more easily brought under his control. The author of disease and misery will assail men where he can have the greatest success. Through temptations addressed to the appetite he has, to a large extent, led men into sin from the time when he induced Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. It was by this same means that he led Israel to murmur against God. Intemperance in eating and drinking, leading as it does to the indulgence of the lower passions, prepares the way for men to disregard all moral obligations. When assailed by temptation, they have little power of resistance.

God brought the Israelites from Egypt, that He might establish them in the land of Canaan, a pure, holy, and happy people. In the accomplishment of this object He subjected them to a course of discipline, both for their own good and for the good of their posterity. Had they been willing to deny appetite, in obedience to His wise restrictions, feebleness and disease would have been unknown among them. Their descendants would have possessed both physical and mental strength. They would have had clear perceptions of truth and duty, keen discrimination, and sound judgment. But their unwillingness to submit to the restrictions and requirements of God, prevented them, to a great extent, from reaching the high standard which He desired them to attain, and from receiving the blessings which He was ready to bestow upon them.

(Patriarchs and Prophets, Page: 378 [Chapter #33 From Sinai to Kadesh])

That was my point.

If God has changed the diet even in the bible then why couldn´t He do it afterwards through his messenger especially when it comes to health. Remembering that whole bible is written by the prophets.

Harri, the problem with your assumption is that SOP, whom the author stated clearly, as "Lesser Light" is equivalent to scripture.  It isn't.  It isn't taught that way by the accepted doctrine of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.  Now, if you go by the health message, I say more power to you.  If you equate it scripture, then you have made a grievous error.

Your point is valid Harri.. I agree with it.. 

If it were a full on change in doctrine, yes of course I would say that SOP is the lesser light, which it is.. But I am not at all surprised that God has again cursed the earth for our iniquity in our time.. It's present truth..

And thought her work was the lesser light that does not mean that she was not meant to give a new message to God's people.. To let us know what He has done. This is why she became more and more insistent on these issues before her death.. She wanted to make sure we knew.

And for her to make statements like the following one can only conclude that...

a.) She was speaking the truth

b.) She was a false prophet

Many would have it both ways, but the fact is either she was lying or she was not.. And had she been lying to God's people she could not be trusted.

...There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating, who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, & spiritual health.

Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people to walk no more with them.

(Counsels on Diet & Foods pp.380,381,382)

“The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food

“We do not need flesh food at all, God can give us something else”

(CH 495.1)

There is no safety in eating the flesh of dead animals, and in a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of Gods commandment keeping people. In a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation” [Unpublished Testimony, July 26 1898.]

At this stage of the earths history meat eating is dishonoring God. It is meat eating and liquor drinking that are making the world as it was in the days of Noah. These things are strengthening the lower passions of human beings, animalizing the race.” [BTS July 1, 1902 par.3]

“Let not any of our ministers set an evil example in the eating of flesh-meat. Let them and their family’s live up to the light of health reform.” [MS. 113, 1902.]

“We can not now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which  God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man’s transgression and sin. [CD 412.1]

“There are many who feel that they cannot get along without flesh foods; but if these would place themselves on the Lord’s side resolutely resolved to walk in the way of His guidance, they would receive strength and wisdom as did Daniel and his fellows. [CD 403.4]

"Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God." Every one who transgresses the laws of health will surely be visited with God's displeasure. Oh, how much of the Holy Spirit we might have day by day, if we would walk circumspectly, denying self, and practicing the virtues of Christ's character."  {CD 402.1}

If these statements were lies then she was not a prophet...

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20

LOl But Daughter of God, there are other statements. You are being one sided, unbalanced. We Christians should be balanced not on one extreme end. 

@Jason

Yes there are other statements. What you and others fail to pay attention / don't want to pay attention to is the fact that pretty much everything in favor of flesh foods was written earlier. She got much more insistent and serious in her warnings on these issues closer to the end of her life.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service