Adventist Online

What are the processes that leads to disfellowshipping a church member, and what will disfellowshipping solve at the end? Does the church have a monitoring tool for the disfellowshipped to keep them close lest they leave forever?

Views: 3935

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The women are second class citizens in SDA and most of Christianity. They are prevented from being leaders on an equak basis to men. This is due to translation problem and spurius verse added for women to keep sikent in the church etc.
Paul was warning about Gnosticism beliefs that Eve was created first and tgat God was a women. These were what Paul didn't want spoken. The Greek word authenteo is used onky once un the scriptures, meaning of ones own authority, that is what Paul was concerned about, not just women speaking. Go ahead, don't research and continue being lazy and call me of the Devil. But if half of what I say is true, great loss of rewards awaits many a believer.

I guess you must be on drugs I could not understand anything you were saying here we know you are driven by the devil so nothing new here. 

• I guess you must be on drugs I could not understand anything you were saying here we know you are driven by the devil so nothing new here. 

I could....  I also believe there's a part of the brain (that marvelous gift from God) that enables humans to compensate for a lot of grammatical or typing/spelling errors when communicating with others.  Sometimes I wonder if grammar Nazis have a deficiency in that area which causes them to overreact when foreigners, humans typing on 'Leybaords' they are clumsy with or sleepy/groggy people make mistakes when communicating as our species is prone to do.   

Perhaps it's merely personal bias that causes them to ignore that gift/ability in favor of a much simpler petty response.....Who knows.  Unfortunately I don't have the mean's to do an actual scientific study to prove any of it.  It's just a hypothesis at this point. But, there's always hope with a new year around the corner.

Thanks Rabbitttoup, part typos and part iPad 'corrects' or jumbles it as well as tiredness and big fingers on iPad and impatience dealing with this unreasonable creature of judgment without evidence or justification. Fools and evil people even do have a right to speak their mind, but when they or others act on their judgments we get things like Hitler or the Communist revolution, or straight Satanism manifested in the name of God, the church, the party, or the law, the United Nations etc.

God save us from misguided tyrants, idiots and fools. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

LOL, GOTTA HAND IT TO YOU ELIJAH, WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING WORTH SAYING, YOU COME OUT SWINGING ANYWAY.   LOL.

Yes, I do because your spiritual leader is always wrong. 

NOT ALWAYS WRONG.  NO ONE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS OR TRUTH.

That is profound indeed.

Women second class citizens; corrections: ...on an equal basis..., ...women to keep silent..., that God..., ...is used only once in...,

@Three D. You guys are true brothers and sisters, i like the aspect of Spiritual Guardian, that's a powerful one, i wish all our churches would do that, Your local church is blessed, here you are disfellowshipped and nothing happens after that, yes if you are strong enough you get back again, but if you were weak, that's a sad 1.

3 D's, In any IDEAL situation thats very true!  The situation I was in was certainly NOT ideal. This pastor was on a crusade to make the church perfect in his sight. thats why the members asked for a transfer for him. and we got it.

As far as the pregnant woman, if she's repentant there's no reason to disfellowship her. We've had single mothers in our congregations in most of the churches I've been in. Things like that will happen, and God has said if anyone sins, we have an advocate to forgive us our sins, as long as we don't continue in that sin.

If a person desists from their sin and shows sorrow for their sin, then it is no more a matter for you or anyone else my friend.

You do not become healed outside of Christ, there is no probation period before you can come to Him, it is instant.

All sin is against God, and if the person turns from their sin, and God is willing to forgive them, who is man that he should think add to God's word.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Sin should be dealt with, but it should be dealt with humbly according to God's word, not according to mans false ideas.

If a person be disfellowshipped for persistant sin, the whole Church should mourn for that soul, and pray that they will turn back to God, not shun them like the plague.

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luk 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service