Adventist Online

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT DIVORCE?

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is what the bible says 

Mal 2:13-17
13 Here is another thing you do. You cover the Lord's altar with tears, weeping and groaning because he pays no attention to your offerings and doesn't accept them with pleasure. 14 You cry out, "Why doesn't the Lord accept my worship?" I'll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.
15 Didn't the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 "For I hate divorce!" says the Lord, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the Lord of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."
17 You have wearied the Lord with your words.
"How have we wearied him?" you ask.
You have wearied him by saying that all who do evil are good in the Lord's sight, and he is pleased with them. You have wearied him by asking, "Where is the God of justice?"Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®

Mal 2:1616 "For I hate divorce!" says the Lord, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the Lord of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

That's a keeper...  Too bad we only use the NT story given to Jesus, and His answer....

Praise the Lord for forgiveness; but obedience would have been better.

God hates it

Okay let me say again My Wife commited adultry on me three times only one time she asked for forgiveness and I did but she did it 2 more times and never asked for forgiveness but instead she wanted a divorce and I conceded. I also cought her the last time as I did the second time and saw her literally coming out of the bedroom half naked and he had no shirt on and he was actin like nothing was wrong and I felt I had that right to just walk out. and as I mentioned before was not in the sda church but was in the sunday church. and still read the bible and new I had grounds for a divorce and did not want to stay married to her because she was still doing what she wanted and was not going to condone it so yes I did get divorced so I am now single and still looking for an adventist christian woman and am not trying to go back to that last relationship

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service