Adventist Online

I LOVE my dogs dearly and I was wondering if they can go to heaven too (I would be very sad if they can't) I wasn't able to find anything in the Bible that says they will be in heaven however I found these verses in the Bible:

Isaiah 65:17,25 (NKJV) 17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent's food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain
,"
Says the Lord.

Does it mean if/when God wipes out everything, that includes the animals? what about chapter 25, are those animals living in peace with each other created in heaven?

Here's another verse:
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matthew 25:23)

Ruler over what exactly is this? I'm assuming they are animals just like when God enthrusted the animals in Adam's care but then again where did this animals come from? were they created in heaven or from this earth?

Can anybody kindly clarify this, much thanks.

Here are some other denomination's views regarding the subject.

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scared if a heavenly serpent?

You sound very sure of yourself considering the Bible says nothing about whether or not pets go to heaven, or even if they COULD go to heaven...

I say, let's wait and see.

One must wonder why a person would want a pet if they thought it was sinful and that they would never remember it in heaven anyway.
Interesting and a nice research topic for all theologians. I will look into that.
Wow those are some crazy opinions coming from that Catholic church lol. They def got the definition of soul twisted up too : / Sorry I won't be writing to share an answer lol, thought to do more reading this time around but those images def caught my attention too.
Animals have feelings but they are not moral creatures. They don't know the difference between a common day and the Sabbath.. Nothing is going to change that even on the new earth.

sky
Excellent Point there Gabe. You continue to amaze me with your good insights.
I agree that it's doubtful that animals can actually distinguish the Sabbath from other days apart from passing of time. Though, we don't know much about animal minds, so we can't say for sure.

I think the idea that we will forget the old life is more about God helping us forget the pain of sin. Not really forgetting everything, since that wouldn't make much sense after we just had a big judgment scene where the whole thing was explained to us.

I think that the point that some make to try to say that animals cannot go to heaven, that they are not moral animals, is the very point that best supports the idea that they will. I consider animals "innocent victims" of sin. God told us to take care of the earth and its creatures and we obviously failed, but if animals are only affected by sin and don't really sin themselves, then why would they be punished with everlasting death for not doing anything wrong?
Shedding a tear ... just for you Just Me.

Dont forget God created the animals to.  And when we live in the  new earth there will be animals there to.  But wheather animals go to heaven thats one i cant answer.  You just have to wait and see.

dearest  Reva  Iknow u are a animal lover  and u sincerely love dogs and u have obediant dogs tha tgive to u love um regardless of how u feel or even how u look .. WE Humans  are guilty of not being like these gentle  dogs and other animals in giving love unconditionally .Unfortuniately  Dogs  do not have  what u may think is a soul meaning the ability to be Like God Himself for that was not how they were created //..

THey have instincs  placed in them that guides their  what we call character and it is affected somewhat like we are by cituations that arise in their life like  harsh treatment  imvironment too . I personally think your a wonderful person that loves animals but jus trememner it is mankind themselves tha twere created In the image of God and are sinners in need of Gods favor and our  help to return to Him and be recreated in their minds to reflect Christ so they can be redeemed from the curse of death and being held in captivity of a cruel task master ( satan) that  does not want them to enjoy Heavens beauty . 

Continue to Love and care for Gods creatures here on Earth Remember this Mankind is needing of Help and that this gospel message is soon winding down  and whatever we ddo bestcare about those lost in sin .. I liked this post little one for it is done in sincerity ,  God has marvelous things awaiting us in the heavens made  new and the new Earth to come lets not miss out on it then

On the cross was nailed and die at Golgotha was my Saviour who ressembles a human being just like me and you. If there is a need for animals in the new Jerusalem, God will recreate them but bringing here to there it sounds odd to me because these animals will not be perfect. Because sins they are not allowed in heaven unless recreated as I mentioned before.

Dog?? kind of cute!!!! what do you suggest? but answer me this, you want to see Dogs or human? it's o.k to care of our pet but it would be better if you love people more. i love my dog but who knows if my dog does not know me in heaven? or if they they like to stay together with other dog like you and me who wants to stay with fellow human? you know we can not treat dogs as dogs there in heaven you can not tell dog to be with you where ever you go? ( in strong term "slaves") they will stay and do whatever they would like to do and go. so, if the dog does not obey you will it be o.k with you (will you be smiling or upset)? b'cause you can not be sad in heaven, "perfect happiness".

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service