Adventist Online

I LOVE my dogs dearly and I was wondering if they can go to heaven too (I would be very sad if they can't) I wasn't able to find anything in the Bible that says they will be in heaven however I found these verses in the Bible:

Isaiah 65:17,25 (NKJV) 17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent's food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain
,"
Says the Lord.

Does it mean if/when God wipes out everything, that includes the animals? what about chapter 25, are those animals living in peace with each other created in heaven?

Here's another verse:
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matthew 25:23)

Ruler over what exactly is this? I'm assuming they are animals just like when God enthrusted the animals in Adam's care but then again where did this animals come from? were they created in heaven or from this earth?

Can anybody kindly clarify this, much thanks.

Here are some other denomination's views regarding the subject.

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When man sinned all livestock, wild animals and plants were affected, so in heaven there's not gonna be imperfection at all. Gen. 3:14

And when Jesus was creating, He only created man in His image not animals. He had to redeem what He created in His image. The plan of salvation laid before the foundation of the world was for man and not animals. I love dogs, but I might settle for a lion in the new earth.

I should also point out that if cattle and dogs can keep the Sabbath ... then they can not keep the Sabbath which would be a sin.
I should point out that if dogs can keep the Sabbath ... then they can not keep the Sabbath which would be a sin.
They can keep the sabbath if the master decides to train them. Actually dogs are good sabbath keepers because they don't cook on sabbath and can stay indoors and munch on their uncooked food , wait till the sabbath is over. They don't even watch TV, a male dog can't go and do it with a male they search for a female. Oh man it has just come to my understanding that the human race and it's thinking has reduced below that of animals!
I sure hope so ....

I fear that I've steered this conversation into a can of Sabbath keeping worms.
I think that if our cattle are suppose to keep Sabbath ... the our pets should also be considered to be required to do so. And to not do so ... is sin.

Ex. 20:8 -10 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates"
Definitely I agree with you on this one.

Dogs, Cats, Cattle are supposed to obey the Sabbath! As a matter of fact, they should be trained such that they get to know the Sabbath Day, dogs can count and on the seventh day they are able to know it's the Sabbath of the Lord. This is so sweet, Praise the Lord for this brotha!

My dog will definitely keep the Sabbath!

Might I remind you then Brother Joseph ... that ifin yur dog don't keep the Sabbath and he/she does not repent ... he/she will not enter the Pearly Gates.
Thank you Margaret. What a cool and appropriate photo for this thread at this particular moment. You are groovy. Whoops. I mean rad. No. Oh I give up.
Unfortunately when Christ returns to recreate the world there won't be dogs because they will definitely die on the 2nd coming.

When Satan is cast into the bottomless pit, the abyss which will be this earth, He'll be solo with no one to deceive. Since all sinners will die and wait for their fate that includes animals because when man sinned they got a curse too.

When Christ appears, the animals will scatter at a very fast speed, since the saints will be clothed with immortality the animals will be with mortal bodies and can't for sure withstand holiness of our Savior and redeemer Jesus. Now during examining of books in the 1000 years, well people will ask questions why dogs didn't make it, and the Lion of Judah will answer all these questions.

As judgment is passed onto the wicked, then He shall wipe away all tears, give us a new mind never to remember our sin bearing pets, but then we'll settle for those well fed, healthy, immortal pets in heaven.

I think I might settle for a serpent, according to scriptures it was above all animals!

huh ?
Why not serpents if they were the most beautiful creatures in the Garden of Eden? 'nuff sed

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service