Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hell my friend..No need to get excited.
If you Look up the Origin of the Turkey you will find that it is from the Scavenger family of BIRDS. Ducks have Cloved paddles on their feet to allow them to SWIM. If you have not done the research go ahead & check it out.
It does not matter if they didn't have chicken or turkey. The bible tell us the definition between clean and unclean. Anyway we need to be careful how we treat the writing of Ellen White and please remember that all of us have our faults and Ellen White was not perfect just like the rest of prophets before her. God gave her instruction gradually so she could change her own lifestyle as well as to benefit us, who would come after her and those in her time. Let us study more of Gods word as she has pointed us to do
I will say this much, birds are some of the most ambiguous types when it comes to clean and unclean meats. The rules given in the bible were not all that clear, it does mention some by name but the rest were are required to study for ourselves. I always thought ducks were unclean becasue stprks and heron were unclean. Now I am not so sure, they are not really like storks or herons. I personally don't eat them because I can't say for sure if they are clean.
Hello my Brother you have used Quotes from a Former Adventist that wrote exstensively aginist the Adventist Writings. I have pasted some of the Docmentation that I gathered.

http://www.ex-sda.com/experience-DMC.htm

Adventists say that because I left them for the Baptists I am an apostate. If to change one's opinion and join another church makes a person an apostate, then half their members are apostates for they have come to the Adventists from other churches. Again, they praise the book Fifty Years in Rome, by a former Catholic. His high standing and long experience in that church they say make his book invaluable. But they say that my own high standing and long experience with them only proves that I am a hypocrite.

Suppose I had been an office-seeking man, caring more for place and position than for truth and conscience, what would I have done? I would have gone right along, pretending to be firm in the faith. But instead, time and again I went to the leading men, and told them my doubts. Let candid men judge of my motives.

The day I left them I held the following positions: Was their teacher of theology in the college at Battle Creek; was associate editor of the Gospel Sickle; was writing the lessons for all their Sabbath Schools; had charge of eighteen churches in Michigan; was member of the Executive Committee of the Michigan State Sabbath School Association; was chairman of the International Sabbath School Association; was on nine committees . . .

I was getting higher pay than ever, the leading men were my warm personal friends. Had I desired office, or better position, all I had to do was to go right along and positions would come to me faster than I could fill them. But if I left them, where could I go? What could I do? How even make a living? I took this all in, and it required all the courage and faith in God I could muster to take the risk.
It cost me a terrible struggle and a great sacrifice, for in doing it I had to leave my life-long friends, the whole work of my life, the means of my support, every position I held. I had to begin life anew, among strangers, uncertain where to go or what to do. No one who has not tried it can begin to realize the struggle it requires.

Anyone of fairness can see that if my motive was self-interest I would have stayed. Yet, as soon as I did leave them, though I went out quietly and peaceably, and even spoke favorably of them, they immediately attributed to me all sorts of evil motives and ambitious designs.

http://www.ex-sda.com/experience-DMC.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is the BOOK that was publised & can be Purchased.
Seventh Day Adventism Renounced (Paperback), This is Canright's 1889 book, Seventh-day Adventism Renounced.

Why use a Quote like this to up lift the pillars of Aventism? We all do know about the Three Angels Message & that the THIRD ARM of the MESSAGE is HEALTH REFORM. So I'm a little bit confused?
The pioneers used to eat swine's flesh also. The light about clean and unclean food were not their concern as yet.
The Health message via a vision to Ellen White .... came in 1863.

Being a vegetarian never came. Ellen White didn't eat vegetables.
"I eat only two meals, and can not eat vegetables or grains." SpM 39 Ellen White 1896

Yes. rather extreme.
you are wrong, Ellen White did become a vegan.
Stephen,
Can you provide the quotes/basis for saying EGW became vegan? Thank you.
Last nite it did cross my mind that these quotes had to come from an anti-Ellen White website.

Wow, how is that for protecting the writings of "our prophet" brother?

sky
Em, are you saing that 4him's quotes came from D. Canright?
Hello & Good Evening/Afternoon

What I was illustrating is that I have never seen any thing in Writing from the Pen of Inspiration stating that Mrs. White's family ate FISH from I think he stated Lake Erie? I just have not seen nor have I heard of this occurrence in the SOP's at all.

I do know that she advised in the Council of Health that it was O.K. to eat a little Chicken Broth to relieve a very bad Cold symptom. Other that that, I could never excuse the Counsel of the Three Angels Message concerning Health Reform & the Right Arm of the Message.

We know that people struggle with giving up Flesh Foods & the intent was to Sound the Alarm to those Brethren that are still not even trying to refrain from eating Flesh Foods. There is a Level of Discipline that a person takes on by refraining from eating Flesh Foods. One will never know it until they have came fully in line with the Refraining from eating Flesh Foods. So I have my personal opinion that when he stated the name D. Canright I totally lost credibility in all of his responses ( You have to be the JUDGE) ………… I don’t plan on entertaining any one that I think has a very un-reliable Source of Information! We are clearly advised by the SOP to refrain from eating Flesh Foods....but we all know that not everyone will , nor will they, except that LIGHT from the Last Day Prophet, E.G.W.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service