Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Meat today is far more diseased than ever before."

So are vegetables. But I haven't given up eating them. Yet Ellen White gave them up during her time.
Should we follow HER example?
Hello & "AMEN" Brother......I Totally agree with all of your findings.........
Thank you
oh Ellen White gave up the use of vegetables?? / although it is true today that many chemicals used to harvest crops are deadly to us they still more helathy to eat then known dieased meat which clearly gets into the blood stream and stays longer for it is poorly digested and rots in your intestinal tract long before it can be eliminated through the colon whereas vegetables are clearly cleansed and used further by the body . .. . .
Why is it necasary to try to get vitamins second hand by eating dead animal flesh when u can get the nutrition first hand directly from the source -- vegaeables grains an fruit?? IS it sound reasoning to eat diseased meat known to cause disease rather than to stay away as much as possible by faith?
I don't see it a problem getting it either way.
stop worrying about what someone else is eating and follow the bible and know what is acceptable to God when you have accomplished that say Amen. God loves all his children and want them to have a closer walk with him. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all the other things will be added. What goes into the mouth, goes into the belly and into draught. Get your soul right. Think on these things
As stated. Flesh eating Foods is not a Salvation Issue but A True Statement of Obedience Concerning our SDA HEALTH Laws, That many have never studied nor have they researched the effects of eating Flesh Foods...Especially at a TIME like this on our PLANET when foods are prepared & Grown here in the WORLD TODAY! We should wont to keep our MINDS PURE & not Numbed up from Dairy & Animal Meat!
EGW Quote
Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.
Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause. If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.
We at www.BrokenAdventist.com have a whole page dedicated to this subject of flesh eating. Check it out.

Broken Adventist Ministry
Hey thanks Broken ...

I like your site. The graphics are super. But I am always suspicious of web site that don't say who is behind them. Do you know the names of those who operate this site? Are they members of the Seventh day Adventist Church or an offshoot group?
I am a member of the Seventh Day Adventist church. Its not hard to find out who is behind a website. Thank you for the comments about the site. I wish not to take any glory for myself but only give glory to our Maker.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

He must become greater so I can become less.

This is why i choose to be hidden. I'm a nobody so if you knew my name or my face it wouldnt matter. You would still have no idea who i am. Just trying to do a good work for Jesus. Check out the website, if i was an offshoot i wouldn't be defending the Adventist church against them. This Ministry is for bringing back members to the church not chasing them away. :-) Have a great week N Him. By the way you stay hidden yourself. But I stay hidden for a different reason. I wish not to recieve credit or applause from anyone and choose to have my treasures built up in heaven. I am not afraid of what my church members might think, just afraid of being praised and drawing the attention from Jesus to myself.
I usually dont buy it but if it's served at someones house I just eat it except for pork and
"Oysters"?
Wow
What about lobster? Do you eat that? Well we have to know what we can or cannot eat according to the Word of God. Our guide is supposed to be Jesus and his word, if the supplemental reading is not according to the Word of God then it is not for me. I do not dispute Ellen G White but the Bible comes first, because we are all capable of sin. Prophets can also err in their words if they don't consult God first. The Bible is our guide and the rest are supposed to point us to the Bible, the Inspired, Holy word of God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service