Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Um, it is possible. It's called fruitarian. I actually follow a Christian fruitarian's blog: http://rawremnant.blogspot.com. I do think that vegetables are important, though. God gave us vegetables after we no longer had access to the tree of life. That ought to give them a higher status than dead animals.

Never read it, never seen it. All I know is that I can't see why people would want to risk getting sick when they could get their nutrition from plant foods just as easily.

And I feel sorry that the meat-is-necessary-for-a-healthy-diet propaganda has influenced you this much, but we're not supposed to be judging motives here, so perhaps we should avoid using biased words like propaganda.

It might be useful to read Ministry of Healing. Just a suggestion. ;)
Hello my Brother
Let’s take a look at the Health & Research Findings that are documented about COW & Animal diseases. Furthermore there is a Disease called Alzheimer's Disease that is caught by humans that has brain patterns that match the Brain diagnosis of the Mad Cow Diseased animals. But they don’t want to scare the Public.

BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, or Mad Cow Disease)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/bse/

BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy) is a progressive neurological disorder of cattle that results from infection by an unusual transmissible agent called a prion. The nature of the transmissible agent is not well understood. Currently, the most accepted theory is that the agent is a modified form of a normal protein known as prion protein. For reasons that are not yet understood, the normal prion protein changes into a pathogenic (harmful) form that then damages the central nervous system of cattle.

Research indicates that the first probable infections of BSE in cows occurred during the 1970's with two cases of BSE being identified in 1986. BSE possibly originated as a result of feeding cattle meat-and-bone meal that contained BSE-infected products from a spontaneously occurring case of BSE or scrapie-infected sheep products. Scrapie is a prion disease of sheep. There is strong evidence and general agreement that the outbreak was then amplified and spread throughout the United Kingdom cattle industry by feeding rendered, prion-infected, bovine meat-and-bone meal to young calves.

The BSE epidemic in the United Kingdom peaked in January 1993 at almost 1,000 new cases per week. Through the end of 2008, more than 184,500 cases of BSE had been confirmed in the United Kingdom alone in more than 35,000 herds.US Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Investigators Report that the 2006 Alabama Case of BSE was Propably Unrelated to Contaminated Feed

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0002912

Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), a TSE of cattle, can be subdivided into at least three groups: classical, H-type, and L-type, with the latter 2 collectively referred to as atypical BSE. Susceptibility or resistance to a TSE disease can be influenced by at least 3 factors related to the host prion protein: protein expression levels, the number of octapeptide repeats, and specific amino acid differences.

These 3 factors are all relevant to prion biology in cattle. Non-coding region polymorphisms in cattle have been identified that modulate expression level [2], [3] and influence susceptibility to classical bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) [4], [5] but not atypical BSE [6]. The presence of additional octapeptide repeats in transgenic mice [7], [8] and Brown Swiss cattle [9], [10] have been reported to result in increased susceptibility to classical BSE. Amino acid differences are a major component in susceptibility and resistance to acquired TSE disease in sheep [11] and are the basis for genetic TSEs in humans [12]. The most common amino acid substitution in humans associated with inherited Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) is at codon 200 in which a glutamic acid is replaced with a lysine (E200K). The presence of the lysine at this codon results in complete penetrance of CJD [13].

It was determined that PRNP in the 2006 US H-type BSE case had an encoded amino acid change at bovine codon 211 (E211K) in one allele, a change that is analogous to the human E200K substitution [14]. To date, no other coding region polymorphism analogous to a polymorphism associated with a genetic TSE in humans has been identified in cattle [12], [15], nor has this polymorphism been previously reported in any other cattle despite the sequencing efforts of multiple studies involving several thousand cattle. No parental information for the 2006 US atypical BSE case is available, so it is unknown if the E211K polymorphism was inherited or caused by a spontaneous mutation. As part of an epidemiologic investigation targeted toward identification of animals of the birth cohort of the 2006 US H-type BSE case 2 farms were identified as having contained the animal and 35 other farms identified as having potentially supplied the animal to those farms. Despite this investigation, the source herd was not identified providing no means to ascertain heritability by analysis of siblings of this animal [16]. To address if the E211K polymorphism is a heritable trait, we tested the only known living offspring of the 2006 US atypical BSE positive animal, a 2-year-old heifer [16]. If the offspring encodes the same E211K polymorphism, then the allele is heritable and is possibly circulating in the bovine population.
The Bible is the final word for me, as well, and it says that we weren't meant to eat meat in the first place, and we won't eat meat in heaven. I don't want to bother with it.

Wow, I can certainly see how eating fruit would make one vitamin-deficient, since fruits have no nutritional value. They're certainly not as nutritious as meat, I'm sure.

And you discovered this through objective scientific study or your own anecdotal evidence? Some people get sick more than others. That doesn't mean that people in general get sick more when they're vegetarian.

I have never read or seen either of those, but I have read other books and seen videos about how people torture animals to get meat.

So... you'd rather believe what you want to believe than what God has shown you? I think that's rather presumptuous.

Well, I'm not going to get caught up in another argument. You may feel free to believe what you want to, but you believing something or "a lot of people" believing something will not convince me that, in this day and age, meat is just as unobjectionable as it was in Bible times.
Of course not everyone has to be a vegetarian. That's just what is best in general. I do know some people with a lot of food allergies who are still vegetarians, though.
I do not turn of my reasoning and common sense, I am simply choosing to believe that God did not lie when He gave Ellen White visions. Ellen White got her health information from God, not from Kellogg or anyone else. So it's true, end of story. I'm not going to run after every new discovery in health research when God revealed it over a hundred years ago.
Ellen White gave us medical advice that was available to her in her culture and time. Some of it was good and some of it was her personal thoughts. But she didn't even follow her own advice in regards to the meat issue ... so I really don't think we need to consider it Gospel.
So who decides what is true and what is false? Theologians? Doctors? Me?
I THINK THE HOLY SPIRIT INSIDE YOU SHOULD DECIDE!
Chap. 1 - Reasons for Reform
Council of Foods and Diet, EGW, 1938

Choice of Life or Death

Every man/women has the opportunity, to a great extent, of making himself/herself whatever he/she chooses to be. The blessings of this life, and also of the immortal state, are within his reach. He may build up a character of solid worth, gaining new strength at every step. He may advance daily in knowledge and wisdom, conscious of new delights as he progresses, adding virtue to virtue, grace to grace. His faculties will improve by use; the more wisdom he gains, the greater will be his capacity for acquiring. His intelligence, knowledge, and virtue will thus develop into greater strength and more perfect symmetry. {CD 15.3}

On the other hand, he may allow his powers to rust out for want of use, or to be perverted through evil habits, lack of self-control, or moral and religious stamina. His course then tends downward; he is disobedient to the law of God and to the laws of health. Appetite conquers him; inclination carries him away. It is easier for him to allow the powers of evil, which are always active, to drag him backward, than to struggle against them, and go forward. Dissipation, disease, and death follow. This is the history of many lives that might have been useful in the cause of God and humanity. {CD 15.4}

(1900) 6T 369, 370

10. Since the laws of nature are the laws of God, it is plainly our duty to give these laws careful study. We should study their requirements in regard to our own bodies, and conform to them. Ignorance in these things is sin. [WILLFUL IGNORANCE INCREASES SIN--53] {CD 18.2}

"Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?" "What! know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Cor. 6:15, 19, 20. Our bodies are Christ's purchased property, and we are not at liberty to do with them as we please. Man has done this. He has treated his body as if its laws had no penalty. Through perverted appetite its organs and powers have become enfeebled, diseased, and crippled. And these results which Satan has brought about by his own specious temptations, he uses to taunt God with. He presents before God the human body that Christ has purchased as His property; and what an unsightly representation of his Maker man is! Because man has sinned against his body, and has corrupted his ways, God is dishonored. {CD 18.3}

When men and women are truly converted, they will conscientiously regard the laws of life that God has established in their being, thus seeking to avoid physical, mental, and moral feebleness. Obedience to these laws must be made a matter of personal duty. We ourselves must suffer the ills of violated law. We must answer to God for our habits and practices. Therefore, the question for us is not, "What will the world say?" but, "How shall I, claiming to be a Christian, treat the habitation God has given me? Shall I work for my highest temporal and spiritual good by keeping my body as a temple for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or shall I sacrifice myself to the world's ideas and practices?" {CD 18.4}
Chap. 1 - Reasons for Reform
Council of Foods and Diet, EGW, 1938

Choice of Life or Death

Every man/women has the opportunity, to a great extent, of making himself/herself whatever he/she chooses to be. The blessings of this life, and also of the immortal state, are within his reach. He may build up a character of solid worth, gaining new strength at every step. He may advance daily in knowledge and wisdom, conscious of new delights as he progresses, adding virtue to virtue, grace to grace. His faculties will improve by use; the more wisdom he gains, the greater will be his capacity for acquiring. His intelligence, knowledge, and virtue will thus develop into greater strength and more perfect symmetry. {CD 15.3}

On the other hand, he may allow his powers to rust out for want of use, or to be perverted through evil habits, lack of self-control, or moral and religious stamina. His course then tends downward; he is disobedient to the law of God and to the laws of health. Appetite conquers him; inclination carries him away. It is easier for him to allow the powers of evil, which are always active, to drag him backward, than to struggle against them, and go forward. Dissipation, disease, and death follow. This is the history of many lives that might have been useful in the cause of God and humanity. {CD 15.4}

(1900) 6T 369, 370

10. Since the laws of nature are the laws of God, it is plainly our duty to give these laws careful study. We should study their requirements in regard to our own bodies, and conform to them. Ignorance in these things is sin. [WILLFUL IGNORANCE INCREASES SIN--53] {CD 18.2}

"Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?" "What! know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Cor. 6:15, 19, 20. Our bodies are Christ's purchased property, and we are not at liberty to do with them as we please. Man has done this. He has treated his body as if its laws had no penalty. Through perverted appetite its organs and powers have become enfeebled, diseased, and crippled. And these results which Satan has brought about by his own specious temptations, he uses to taunt God with. He presents before God the human body that Christ has purchased as His property; and what an unsightly representation of his Maker man is! Because man has sinned against his body, and has corrupted his ways, God is dishonored. {CD 18.3}

When men and women are truly converted, they will conscientiously regard the laws of life that God has established in their being, thus seeking to avoid physical, mental, and moral feebleness. Obedience to these laws must be made a matter of personal duty. We ourselves must suffer the ills of violated law. We must answer to God for our habits and practices. Therefore, the question for us is not, "What will the world say?" but, "How shall I, claiming to be a Christian, treat the habitation God has given me? Shall I work for my highest temporal and spiritual good by keeping my body as a temple for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or shall I sacrifice myself to the world's ideas and practices?" {CD 18.4}
The council of food and diet is not bigger than the bible and no one is bigger than GOD.

If God allowed meat to be eaten(for whatever reason you might put To defend why HE did it) only Him can again say it must not be eaten. He clearly didnt say so in the bible so all im saying is: its up to the persuation of the holy spirit within a person to decide whether they become vegetarian or not.

im not ignoring the health effect points becuase they are valid but on the same breath i know a lot of people who eat meat and are well in their old age and they are healthy.
I will share some factual proof that Flesh eating does more harm than it does good for our body. Sister White was ahead of her time expressing the necessity of refraining from eating Flesh Foods. Now is not the time to assume that all Flesh Foods is O.K. to eat. Flesh foods today are more risky to eat that they were 100 years ago.

Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Bacteria)

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/necrotizing-fasciitis-flesh-eati...
What causes necrotizing fasciitis?
Necrotizing fasciitis is caused by several kinds of bacteria. Some of these bacteria also cause infections such as strep throat and impetigo. Usually the infections caused by these bacteria are mild. But in rare cases they can cause a more dangerous infection.
You can get necrotizing fasciitis in:
• Wounds that come in contact with ocean water, raw saltwater fish, or raw oysters. You
also can get it though injuries from handling sea animals such as crabs.

Flesh Foods Cause Degenerative Disease

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/why-we-should-not-eat-meat/flesh-foods-cause-degenerative-disease.html

The habitual and frequent use of large amounts of flesh foods in the diet is actually one of the causes of degenerative disease in a substantial percentage of the population. The decrease in, or elimination of, flesh foods from the diet is one of the important steps toward optimal health.

Anatomical and Physiological Basis for Rejecting Flesh Foods

There is a sound anatomical and physiological basis for the recommendation against the consumption of flesh foods. The human anatomy and digestive system are totally dissimilar from those of carnivores, which have sharp claws and teeth for killing and tearing. Carnivorous animals have short intestinal canals, and strong secretions of hydrochloric acid, so as to quickly digest and expel the waste products of the flesh they consume, before putrefaction can occur.

Flesh-eating animals also have the enzyme uricase, which breaks down uric acid into a harmless substance called allantoin; man does not possess this enzyme. Vegetable proteins, including nuts and seeds, contain enough carbohydrates to render this enzyme unnecessary.

Morbid Results of Eating Flesh Foods

Meat is the most putrefactive of all foods. Flesh, when eaten by humans, tends to undergo a process of decay in the stomach, causing a poisoning of the blood. Putrefaction in meat eaters is evidenced by bad breath, heartburn, eructations, and the foul stool and odorous emissions—absent in vegetarians—and it is probable that the attempts of the body to eliminate these wastes has a profound influence on the shortening of man's life span.

Can You Face The Ugly Truth About Meat?

Meats contain waste products that the animal did not get to eliminate, and toxic hormones and fluids released into the blood stream and tissues at the moment of the death of the terrified animal.An animal's cellular life continues after death. The cells continue to produce waste materials which are trapped in the blood and decaying tissues. The nitrogenous extracts which are trapped in the animal's muscles are partially responsible for the flavor of the cooked meat.

A book on meat processing explains that the flesh becomes more tender and palatable by the process of ripening, hanging and maturing (aging). Vic Sussman, in The Vegetarian Alternative, pp. 149-150, says, "Few meat eaters would like to hear the words putrefaction, rigor mortis, and rotting applied to their sirloin and pot roast. But flesh is flesh, though the euphemisms ripening, toughening and enzymatic action are kinder to the ear."

Trained government inspectors use sight, smell and touch in a constant battle to protect meat eaters from intentional and accidental abuses. But effective regulation of flesh food is enormously difficult. Sussman says (p. 151) "Even the most conscientious inspectors are forced by circumstances and the pressure of time to let suspect carcasses leave the plant."

So far as Fish Inspection is concerned there is no Regulation being used on a daily basis to determine the High Levels of Mercury or other Toxins that have become prevalent in our Fish purchased today & that are caught by Fisherman in all of our Waters today!

So far as eating Vegetables we are to eat ORGANIC Vegetables as much as possible to avoid being exposed to Chemicals. If you can’t bur ORGANIC Vegetables’ we are to Peel all skin off of the Vegetables & then wash throughly prior to eating.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service