Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Point. Jesus and Ellen both enjoyed some good fish on occasion.
Where there oil tankers spilling oil in the the waters in the time of Jesus or EGW? Ellen White said in her writings that as the wickedness of man increases, the quality of flesh meats will decrease. As for clean meats, the way they are processed now makes them UNclean.
Hello my Brother
I will share some factual proof that Flesh eating does more harm than it does good for our body. Sister White was ahead of her time expressing the necessity of refraining from eating Flesh Foods. Now is not the time to assume that all Flesh Foods is O.K. to eat. Flesh foods today are more risky to eat that they were 100 years ago.

Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Bacteria)

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/necrotizing-fasciitis-flesh-eati...
What causes necrotizing fasciitis?
Necrotizing fasciitis is caused by several kinds of bacteria. Some of these bacteria also cause infections such as strep throat and impetigo. Usually the infections caused by these bacteria are mild. But in rare cases they can cause a more dangerous infection.
You can get necrotizing fasciitis in:
• Wounds that come in contact with ocean water, raw saltwater fish, or raw oysters. You
also can get it though injuries from handling sea animals such as crabs.

Flesh Foods Cause Degenerative Disease

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/why-we-should-not-eat-meat/flesh-foods-cause-degenerative-disease.html

The habitual and frequent use of large amounts of flesh foods in the diet is actually one of the causes of degenerative disease in a substantial percentage of the population. The decrease in, or elimination of, flesh foods from the diet is one of the important steps toward optimal health.

Anatomical and Physiological Basis for Rejecting Flesh Foods

There is a sound anatomical and physiological basis for the recommendation against the consumption of flesh foods. The human anatomy and digestive system are totally dissimilar from those of carnivores, which have sharp claws and teeth for killing and tearing. Carnivorous animals have short intestinal canals, and strong secretions of hydrochloric acid, so as to quickly digest and expel the waste products of the flesh they consume, before putrefaction can occur.

Flesh-eating animals also have the enzyme uricase, which breaks down uric acid into a harmless substance called allantoin; man does not possess this enzyme. Vegetable proteins, including nuts and seeds, contain enough carbohydrates to render this enzyme unnecessary.

Morbid Results of Eating Flesh Foods

Meat is the most putrefactive of all foods. Flesh, when eaten by humans, tends to undergo a process of decay in the stomach, causing a poisoning of the blood. Putrefaction in meat eaters is evidenced by bad breath, heartburn, eructations, and the foul stool and odorous emissions—absent in vegetarians—and it is probable that the attempts of the body to eliminate these wastes has a profound influence on the shortening of man's life span.

Can You Face The Ugly Truth About Meat?

Meats contain waste products that the animal did not get to eliminate, and toxic hormones and fluids released into the blood stream and tissues at the moment of the death of the terrified animal.An animal's cellular life continues after death. The cells continue to produce waste materials which are trapped in the blood and decaying tissues. The nitrogenous extracts which are trapped in the animal's muscles are partially responsible for the flavor of the cooked meat.

A book on meat processing explains that the flesh becomes more tender and palatable by the process of ripening, hanging and maturing (aging). Vic Sussman, in The Vegetarian Alternative, pp. 149-150, says, "Few meat eaters would like to hear the words putrefaction, rigor mortis, and rotting applied to their sirloin and pot roast. But flesh is flesh, though the euphemisms ripening, toughening and enzymatic action are kinder to the ear."

Trained government inspectors use sight, smell and touch in a constant battle to protect meat eaters from intentional and accidental abuses. But effective regulation of flesh food is enormously difficult. Sussman says (p. 151) "Even the most conscientious inspectors are forced by circumstances and the pressure of time to let suspect carcasses leave the plant."

So far as Fish Inspection is concerned there is no Regulation being used on a daily basis to determine the High Levels of Mercury or other Toxins that have become prevalent in our Fish purchased today & that are caught by Fisherman in all of our Waters today!
So far as eating Vegetables, we are to eat ORGANIC Vegetables as much as possible to avoid being exposed to Chemicals. If you can’t bur ORGANIC Vegetables’ we are to Peel all of skin off of the Vegetables (including Tomatoes) & then wash throughly prior to eating.
Thanx Bro.

As far as I am concerned, as pesco-vegetarian, EGW counsels on diet and food is not a problem on my part. I just want t raise my concern that wether we are vegetarian or not, we cannot be too much confident with what we eat because both green (fruits & vegetables) and flesh foods can threaten our health if not properly chosen and prepared. We cannot be confident that meat eaters are more vulnerable to disease than those vegans and vice versa. My professor in college who was a strict full vegan died of cancer. That can be an isolated case perhaps. But at the end of the day, we will realize that it's how we chose foods (that He allowed us to eat) that fit our system and our pocket!
My Brother
We have to be carful to not denounce the Spirit of Prophesy’s statement about Meat eating being a statement of Obedience based on ones Belief in the Spirit of Prophesy. We are to encourage one self to become vegetarian not to be partakers of Meats & Dairy that does nothing but shorten ones Life span. Granted we can go out & accident can occur but we are Counseled to do our best to refrain from Flesh foods as much as possible.
Any one which has ever been cured through Natural Medical Missionary Healing are Strictly advised to never eat Flesh Foods because of the many un know bacteria in Meats & Dairy that are never killed, even though they are cooked.

We have to remember that Vegetarian eating is a personal choice that one must indulge in, making the Transformation slowly, one step at a time as they are able to do so! It takes a person some time to change there Diet.
Hey
Flesh YES especially chicken but home made by myself.

on the other hand meat is highly ringign to causes of many disease in the world today very true of that.
Hello my Brother
I think we all need to Evaluate ones own self & not try to Stereo type people who are trying to better their Healthy Lifestyles! Remember Vegetarianism is a personal Choice. This Blogs intention is to encourage people to try an alternative way of Living & to be Prepared as we all know that we have been warned about the future of the Meat & Dairy Industry!! My question to you Brother ......Can you tell me why we have a New Virus that started in Mexico called the SWINE FLU......................................OUT

Quoted from your last statement" Has not my intelligence been insulted enough? I have heard of the crude expression used to describe high and mighty elitist people "they think their crap don't stink" - but to witness individuals who actually believe this as biological fact is just too much. Would Em Murr care to submit to a labratory experiment testing this 'theory'? Are you confident enough in the lovely fragrance of your fecal waste to do this? I hardly think so. I don't imagine the scent of lavender and roses is what we will discover."

You are Totally Wrong for Making a Statement Like This!
Thank you Bro. Murr for sharing your thoughts on God's idea of good foods. From what I have been able to ascertain, God never asks us to do something but with it brings a blessing for those who choose to obey. Who am I to question the wisdom of the great God of the universe?! He made us, so undoubtedly He knows best what is necessary for happiness and health.

After the flood, vegetation had been decimated and it would take some time to bring crops to harvest.So it would appear that as an emergency provision, God approved the eating of meats, clearly delineating clean from unclean with regards to consumption. This was not what our first parents ate in the garden. Nothing was killed or consumed of the animals God created there.

Now studies have shown that a non-meat diet does much to promote strength and fitness. Athletes are well acquainted with this fact. That God allowed this does not mean that it is the optimal fare for human fuel. It is a misnomer that we need to get our protein through this source. There are far superior sources through grains and nuts. God has not made this a condition of salvation to my understanding, but He has shown this to be a superior form of nutrition. Additionally, we have been given information of how meats are processed and the fact that we are not designed with mechanisms for assimilating this optimally. So personally, if I had a choice of better or best, there's no question as to what I would choose. My health matters to me and God matters even more so I prefer to opt for the best! sml.

Furthermore, as I have stated elsewhere I do think there is a mind-body connection. And yes I also believe that some things promote clarity and others don't. Besides why would I second guess God's wisdom and look for reasons to do things some other way..... Wouldn't that be a foolish thing to do. sml.

All foods must be carefully evaluated in our day and age given the ingredients added to some both before their demise and after. But all things considered, I still think God knows best and watches over His word to perform it.

" For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth. Thou shalt not eat any abominable thing." Duet 14:2,3 The principle remains.
Diet to my knowledge (unless we are eating unclean foods, which are expressly forbidden), is not a condition of salvation. It certainly does make a difference though in our physical, mental, emotional,and spiritual health. If one were to attempt to climb a mountain for e.g. there is a good bit of conditioning that goes on to prepare for the event if you are in fact planning for success. This is true of just about any worthwhile endeavor. Some things are weights that create drag, other things allow breathability, speed and endurance. I would certainly want to have those in my pack. sml.
I believe that had man remained in fellowship with God and continued to live in the garden of Eden then meat would never be a part of man's diet.
The truth is that man do not really need to consume meat to satisfy his dietary needs. There are so many whole foods to choose from that really one can eliminate meats and meat products from the diet.

Meats and meat products contain much harmful elements that the body do not really need or can do with out.
God gave us clean meats and unclean meats, if you read the King James Version in 1 Tim4:1-5. It is the description of False Teachers and it mentions meats. Take a look and use the Word and prayer to understand what God is saying to you.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service