Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im not saying this information is wrong...

All im saying is: There is only one person who makes a law,GOD(eg; thou shall not kill or love thy neighbour ), and when Jesus came He also gave 1 new commandment . The rest of us can not give laws. Paul never gave or made a law in all his writtings neither did any of Jesus apostles. They preached what Jesus taught them and what is written in the scriptures. On matters such as the meat issue Paul gave advise but remained neutral.

Its good to give advise on how bad meat is for the body but it is bad to make a law that meat must not be eaten when God said no such thing. We can only advise but each person will have to decide after praying and listening to all point of views whether they stop eating it or not and if they opt not to stop God has no problem with that.

If it bothered GOD as much as this is made an issue Here, He definitely would have left a clear commandment or better yet, Jesus wouldnt have eaten meat because we are commanded to try and live our lives like HE did.

this looks like a health issue to me not a spiritul one. GOD does want us to look after our bodies but to say a person cant serve GOD properly if they eat meat is not true. Jesus accomplished everything He was sent to accomplish yet He did eat meat. Infact since GOD gave a commandment that meat can be eaten to Noah i only know of one vegetarian in the whole bible,John the baptist.

All the prophets,Jesus and the apostles serve GOD just fine while also eating meat.
Hello my Sister
Can I ask you a question, are you a Seventh Day Adventist? Also can you confirm that Jesus was not a Vegetarian from the Scriptures?
I am a child of God.

Yes Jesus was not a vegetarian... Here is the scripture for you:

Luke 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any MEAT?
Luke 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luke 24:43 And he took it, and DID EAT before them.

Daniel was not a vegetarian either... i can give you a verse to prove it if you need it.
Hello My sister
Please provide me a verse that states that Daniel was a Meat eater. Also if you look up the word "Meat" in your Strong’s Concordance you will find out what type of Meat JESUS was referring to. I also asked if you were you a Seventh Day Adventist & you have not responded to that question yet? First of all what type of BIBLE are you using for your references? If you can refer to verses in the King Jame Version of the BIBLE & not any other type then its O.K. When the Scripture refers to the word " IT " , we can't tell whether he ate Meat or the Honeycomb?
I only use the King James Version for my Review & understanding. Also just remember that I stated that eating Vegetarian Diet was a Personal choice and I don't understand why people are taking this topic so Personal?
We have to remember that Vegetarian eating is a personal choice that one must indulge in, making the Transformation slowly, one step at a time as they are able to do so! It takes a person some time to change there Diet.
What happens if we die before all the sin is gone. What if we were still eating fish and drinking hot cider? And then Died? How can we be allowed to heaven if there is to be no changes made at His coming? Something has to give. We can't have sinners or fish eaters or hot cider drinkers in Heaven.
Good Point N Him 4 Him
Brother Em Murr

obviously you are not reading you King James bible enough...

i also use the King James and the verse that i gave you came from the King James. You are now grasping at straws. Why would Jesus ask for MEAT and end up eating honeycomb alone(which He didnt even ask for)? Please!!! did He ask for meat so that He can look at it?

Now about Daniel: here is a verse for you(from King James)

Daniel 10:2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
Daniel 10:3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came FLESH nor wine IN MY MOUTH, neither did I anoint myself at all, TILL three whole weeks were fulfilled.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THREE WEEKS WITH FLESH?
Hello & good morning/afternoon my Sister
I have been asking you this question for about 3 times now & wonder if you will ever answer this question & as you say.......Quit Pulling Straws ......Or shall I say Beading around the BUSH! about your Denomination? I wanted to know if you were a Seventh Day Adventist? You have either Dodged the question or have just ignored the Question.....I look forward to you answering my question whenever you get a chance to.

Here is my response to your reply that you posted:

Dan 1:8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Dan 1:9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.

Dan 1:10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.

Dan 1:11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,

Dan 1:12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Dan 1:16 Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.

GREEK & HEBREW Translation 02235 zeroa` {zay-ro'-ah} or zera`on {zay-raw-ohn'} from 02232; TWOT - 582c; n m pl
AV - >pulse 2; 2 1) vegetables (as sown)

Dan 1:17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

Dan 1:18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

Dan 1:19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

Dan 1:20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

We must make sure that we read the entire Chapter before make a decision as to what the Scriptures are saying..

Can you tell me what your Denomination is for the 3rd time asking this question?
ok...

i have to try my BEST not to eat meat...

ONLY FISH

HAPPY SABBATH!
What are we suppose to overcome?
In some cases eating fish meat is much better than eating fruits and vegetables.
Fishes that are directly harvested from the oceans by one day fishermen are much better than vegetables produced by commercial farmers. Why is this so? Because of the presence of GMO on farm products. But of course we must also be cautious with the products of commercial fishermen. It is even better to eat meat than vegetables in some cases. That is: if the source of meat is not a commercial farm but simply a backyard farm...

Whats my point then: Ellen G. White counsels on diet & food must be taken based on what is necessary and more beneficial to our health.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service