Adventist Online

Extracts from a letter written to a physician from Stanmore, Sydney, N. S. W., July 26, 1896 The perfection of Christian character is attainable. As we approach the close of this earth's history, we will find that the whole world is becoming a lazar house of disease. The transgression of the law of God is bringing the sure result.

I present the word of Lord God of Israel. Because of transgression, the curse of God has come upon the earth itself, upon the cattle and upon all flesh. Human beings are suffering the result of their own course of action in departing from the commandments of God. The beasts also suffer from under the curse.

Meat-eating should not come into the prescriptions for any invalids from any physician from among those who understand these things. Disease in cattle is making meat-eating a dangerous matter. The Lord's curse upon the earth, upon man, upon beasts, upon the fish of the sea; and as transgression becomes almost universal, the curse will be permitted to become as broad and as deep as the transgression. Disease is contracted by the use of meat. The diseased flesh of these dead carcasses is sold in the market places, and disease among men is the sure result.
A Change Must Come

The Lord would bring His people into a position where they will not touch or taste the flesh of dead animals. Then let none of these things be prescribed by any physician who has a knowledge of the truth for this time. There is no safety in the eating of the flesh of the dead animals. . . . Those who take God at His word, and obey His commands with their whole heart, will be blessed. He will be their shield and protection. But the Lord will not be trifled with. Distrust, disobedience and alienation from God's will and way will place the sinner in a position where the Lord

Let Meat Entirely Alone

Again I refer to the diet question. We cannot now do as we have ventured to do in the past in regard to meat-eating. It has always been a curse to the human family, but now it is made particularly so in the curse which God has pronounced upon the herds of the field, because of man's transgression and sins. The disease upon animals is becoming more and more common, and our only safety now is in leaving meat entirely alone. The most aggravated diseases are now prevalent, and the very last thing that physicians who are enlightened should do, is to advise patients to eat meat. It is in eating meat so largely in the country that men and women are becoming demoralized, their blood corrupted. and disease planted in their systems.

Because of meat-eating, many die, and they do not understand the cause.
If the truth were known, it would bear the testimony it was the flesh of animals that passed through death. The thought of feeding upon dead flesh is repulsive, but there is something in meat-eating: we partake of diseased, dead flesh, and this sows it seeds of corruption in the human organism. (Signed) Ellen White.

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just look up the quotes for yourself. I collected these myself from my own study. I would invite you to do the same. I've given you a head start.

Here is a few more to add to your list:

"We seldom have any fish upon our table." Ellen White on June 6 1895 in {1888 1378.1}

"I have not the least care of anything in the house. Mary White is a good general. Shew is first rate. Shew gets meals now very good with some oversight. We have not had a particle of meat in the house since you left and long before you left. We have had salmon a few times. It has been rather high." Ellen White in 14 MR 336

"Mr. Walling is very earnest that we should go with him across the snowy mountain range to what is called the Park, on the other side of the snowy range. There are ponds from which trout are taken and these we should enjoy to live upon." Ellen White in 8MR 121

It is very easy to confirm all these quotes. Just look them up. I've just given you a small sample. Apparently you are not very well read up on her writings.
For those fond of quoting Ellen White, the EGW Research 2008 DVD library is available at our bookstores. It contains all of her writings, letters, books, etc. and is fairly user friendly. Dates, and such, can be easily attained, and there would perhaps be less discussion as to what she did say, when she said it, and what she didn't say, or what was taken our of context. Just a thought.
Yes. That is where I got my quotes from. Kinda hard to dispute. Just looked the last ones up today. It's very easy.
As yet we have received only two hundred and fifty pounds from you. Special direction was given in regard to the manufacturing of health foods, but lately we have not had money to invest in peanuts for our family. We eat no meat or butter, and use very little milk in cooking. There is no fresh fruit at this season. We have a good yield of tomatoes, but our family think much of the nuts prepared in a variety of ways. . . . I cannot eat a great variety of food in the vegetable line. Sometimes I venture to go a little farther in taking dried peas, prepared as I had them prepared at the Sanitarium. But it costs me too much. Gas accumulates and crowds my heart. . . . I am so thankful that the Lord has given us enough to eat. There are poor families who do not have enough to satisfy hunger. I am thankful that I can eat my two meals, and feel in every way comfortable. Apples here are high, and of an inferior quality, but we shall soon have fresh oranges and lemons.--Letter 73, 1899, pp. 9, 10. (To J. H. Kellogg, April 17, 1899.)
you seem to be saying Ellen White was a liar. No doubt you are taking her out of context again. Fish is not real flesh meat by the way.
Fish is not meat? Why not? :\
Amazing ain't it. This is all quite comical. Of course ... I think he enjoys the comical.
Hallo dear brother, may you please shed more light of your statement regarding fish eatingfrom the salt lake.And what about those from the fresh water lakes?
It's not mine. It is from Ellen White. As we know ... she ate fish and meat most of her life. Yes, she ate fish from fresh water lakes also.
Hello & good morning my Brother
I have read all of the references that you have exhibited to tear down the Power that the Three Angels Message is to be Pronounced. My sincere goal was to up lift the Devine Message that we were given from us from our LAST DAY Prophet Sister Ellen White. She had experiences to Flesh eating but was Instructed from the HOLY SPIRIT to encourage SOULS to keep there Vessels Clean & be as an example to a Spiritual Warfare that was being fought for SOULS. As we all know that the BIBLE Clearly tells us as a Warning about our DIET.

Also we know what the First & most painful SIN that was committed was from refraining from eating from the Tree as GOD had instructed our Father & Mother from creation. I my self would never steep so low as to introduce such Doctrines from ex SDA Members refuting the Spirit of Prophesy or any of Sister Whites Writings. That just stirs up the Brethren instead of Up lifting them. I hope you understand the Time Date line of the Counsels on Diet and Foods (1938) book & that you understand my point.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/d/d/d._m._canright.htm // Canright's defection from the Seventh-day Adventist church

CD - Counsels on Diet and Foods (1938)
Chap. 1 - Reasons for Reform

Letter 57, 1896
104. The health reform is as closely related to the third angel's message as the arm to the body; but the arm cannot take the place of the body. The proclamation of the third angel's message, the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus, is the burden of our work. The message is to be proclaimed with a loud cry, and is to go to the whole world. The presentation of health principles must be united with this message, but must not in any case be independent of it, or in any way take the place of it. {CD 75.1}

Its Relation to Medical Institutions

MS 23, 1901
105. The sanitariums which are established are to be closely and inseparably bound up with the gospel. The Lord has given instruction that the gospel is to be carried forward; and the gospel includes health reform in all its phases. Our work is to enlighten the world; for it is blind to the movements which are taking place, preparing the way for the plagues which God will permit to come upon the world. God's faithful watchmen must give the warning. . . . {CD 75.2}
Health reform is to stand out more prominently in the proclamation of the third angel's message. The principles of health reform are found in the word of God. The gospel of health is to be firmly linked with the ministry of the word. It is the Lord's design that the restoring influence of health reform shall be a part of the last great effort to proclaim the gospel message. {CD 75.3}
Our physicians are to be God's workers. They are to be men whose powers have been sanctified and transformed by the grace of Christ. Their influence is to be knit up with the truth that is to be given to the world. In perfect and complete unity with the gospel ministry, the work of health reform will reveal its God-given power. Under the influence of the gospel, great reforms will be made by medical missionary work. But separate medical missionary work from the gospel, and the work will be crippled.
{CD 75.4}

Letter 146, 1909
106. Our sanitariums and our churches may reach a higher, holier standard. Health reform is to be taught and practiced by our people. The Lord is calling for a revival of the principles of health reform. Seventh-day Adventists have a special work to do as messengers to labor for the souls and bodies of men. {CD 76.1}
Christ has said of His people, "Ye are the light of the world." We are the Lord's denominated people, to proclaim the truths of heavenly origin. The most solemn, sacred work ever given to mortals is the proclamation of the first, second, and third angel's messages to our world. In our large cities there should be health institutes to care for the sick, and to teach the grand principles of health reform. {CD 76.2}

An Entering Wedge

Letter 203, 1905
107. I have been instructed that we are not to delay to do the work that needs to be done in health reform lines. Through this work we are to reach souls in the highways and the byways. {CD 76.3}
[TRACT] (1893) C.H. 535
108. I can see in the Lord's providence that the medical missionary work is to be a great entering wedge, whereby the diseased soul may be reached. {CD 76.4}

To Remove Prejudice--Increase Influence

(1890) C.T.B.H. 121, 122
109. Much of the prejudice that prevents the truth of the third angel's message from reaching the hearts of the people, might be removed if more attention were given to health reform. When people become interested in this subject, the way is often prepared for the entrance of other truths. If they see that we are intelligent with regard to health, they will be more ready to believe that we are sound in Bible doctrines. {CD 76.5} This branch of the Lord's work has not received due attention, and through this neglect much has been lost. If the church would manifest a greater interest in the reforms
through which God Himself is seeking to fit them for His coming, their influence would be far greater than it now is. God has spoken to His people, and He designs that they shall hear and obey His voice. Although the health reform is not the third angel's message, it is closely connected with it. Those who proclaim the message should teach health reform also. It is a subject that we must understand, in order to be prepared for the events that are close upon us, and it should have a prominent place. Satan and his agents are seeking to hinder this work of reform, and will do all they can to perplex and burden those who heartily engage in it. Yet none should be discouraged at this, or cease their efforts because of it. The prophet Isaiah speaks thus of one characteristic of Christ, "He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till He have set judgment in the earth." Then let not His followers talk of failure or discouragement, but remember the price paid to rescue man that he might not perish, but have eternal life. {CD 76.6}

(1909) 9T 112, 113
110. The work of health reform is the Lord's means for lessening suffering in our world and for purifying His church. Teach the people that they can act as God's helping hand, by cooperating with the Master Worker in restoring physical and spiritual health. This work bears the signature of heaven, and will open doors for the entrance of other precious truths. There is room for all to labor who will take hold of this work intelligently.

[SEE MEDICAL MINISTRY, SECTION 2, "THE DIVINE PLAN IN THE MEDICAL MISSIONARY WORK," AND SECTION 13, "MEDICAL MISSIONARY WORK AND THE GOSPEL MINISTRY"] {CD 77.1}
I want to Thank the Brother who pointed out Sister Whites exsperience concerning Flesh Food Eating.
This is an Example to all to know that we are all HUMAN. Years after she had that experience, she was later directed by the HOLY SPIRIT to Write the many Letters & offer Direct Councel that were inspired by the Holy Spirit, which we need so much today.

As we now know today we have had the MAD COW Diesese, FLESH EATING FISH & The CURRENT SWINE FLU EPIDEMIC and so many more types of diseases. - Counsels on Diet and Foods (1938), by Ellen G. White, which we so much need today.
Well .... she was directly given the Health Message in 1863 and repeatedly reinforced not eating meat each year afterwards. Praise God we have the documentation that she was just as human as the rest of us with her addictions. I would hate to have a saint as a prophet.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service