Adventist Online

Do you know if you are saved, Yes or No, and if Yes how do you know? If no, how do you feel about not knowing if you are saved or not?

This question I have already resolved long ago, but I am curious about the responses here?

This question is not about debate, but informational. Like a poll.

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The mocking comments at the beginning worry me...

James you ask a very important question....

When I ask the Lord Jesus this question, Am I saved?

The answer I receive from the still small voice of my conscience is "If you are faithful".

Now I ask all of you gentlemen out there, an amazing discovery...

What is "faith" and how does one show "faithfulness" ? Give me only Sola Scriptora answers, not human traditions and the doctrines of men...

Be surprised....for not many people know...and yet we are saved only the grace of Jesus through our faith...whatever that term means....

The problem with most of us, we read our Scriptures in fuzzy translations called English, trusting in our holy translators to get the Hebrew right....

and sadly they have missed some of the most amazing verses found in Scripture....

So gentlemen, what is faith.... this is not a knowledge question, for as James says...this depends upon how we see ourselves being saved or not...

Shalom

Elijah said; "I find it hard to believe..." You do find it hard to believe God.

..."I am sure James has never forgiven anyone in all his life. I am sure he will not start now either."

What an incredible statement! 

If you know that as you profess to know, then by the spirit whether of God or not? tell me what is my favorite type of music?

And do I play a musical instrument or not and if so, what is my favorite instrument?

Perhaps you know what color underwear I am wearing today?

You say you know that I worship Satan, and you state absolutely that the power of Satan put out the flames.

Why would Satan start a fire and put out a fire, because his ministry is to steal, kill and destroy. The miracles I saw God energize prevented loss of life, property, whole forests. You think that is evil? What kind of "Christian are you?" You call good evil and evil good. I Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to profit withal." To profit means beneficial, for good, advantage.

So the saving of lives, property and whole forest area was not profitable, and was of Satan, according to you.

You are crediting the wrong god. God is good and does good. You are very much like the Pharisees who accused Jesus of casting out demons by Beelzebub, The Lord of The Flies.

You cannot discern what is of God and what is of the Devil accurately. You accuse without foundation, you hate me with a passion and despise the Lord's doings and call them of Lucifer, blaspheming the holy spirit.

James seems to me you do not read all the texts in the Bible. For if you had you would know that the Devil has power over the elements. The Devil has you deluded you think it was God while it was the Devil. My foundation in saying you are Satans child is because the Bible tells me that.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And here you are displaying fruits of the flesh, Satan has you fooled you think you are worshipping God while in reality, you are worshipping Satan. Maybe it would pay for you to read up on what abilities Satan has, seeing you think you are belonging to God.  

1 John  3:14   We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.

Rev.  22:9  Then saith he unto me, See [thou do it] not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

The sign of conversion is that we love the brethren the prophets.  We make room for the work of the Holy Spirit, by which the prophets speak.

1 John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life. 

67 ... thou hast the words of eternal life.  

We love the prophets, because they have the words of life.  We love life, not death.  

Prov.  8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

True love for God puts enmity between us and the world

Gen.  3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman...

1 John  2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

We are promised the Comforter, 

John  14:16 ... he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost ...  he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts  2:38 .. and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

1 John  4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

And, God will take us where we're at and wink at a bunch of ignorance, but if we truly love truth, we'll be watchful of opportunities to upgrade our understanding.   I don't judge people for how much understanding they have are or are able to bear.  But, why wouldn't you want to be strong in understanding?  You can do more things for people, and be confused and deceived less.  Why wouldn't you want that?  To me, that's the most challenging thing to understand.

John  16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

But.

Prov.  1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Well, if you stop growing, then you've lost you're first love, right?

"But they have made a fatal mistake in stereotyping their doctrines into creeds, and thus taking the first steps backward toward the spiritual tyranny of Rome. {1874 UrS, USLP 105.1}  {The United States in the Light of Prophecy, CHAPTER 9. AN IMAGE TO THE BEAST}

"there are thousands who dare receive nothing, however plainly revealed in Scripture, that is contrary to their creed or the established teaching of their church." {GC 596.3}

"Precious truths for the last days were to be searched out and proclaimed-a work which could not be done in "creed-bound" churches  ...  he also called for separation of the advent believers from those who would seek to hold them in the circle of their creeds. {1905 JNL, GSAM 178.3}

Rush4hire:

Excellent thoughts. 

Yes, the reform movement becomes the establishment and anything to the contrary to creeds is considered of “Satan.” We should be open to the truth. The holy spirit and the one body of Christ operating in love should be thicker than denominationalism.

But, unfortunately it often is not. People are misguided in unbelief and closed mindedness. Unable to accept the simple or often lost truths of the Bible.

Almost no one is interested in learning to walk like the believers in the Book of Acts. Those believers had no book of scriptures they could read and refer to as we do. We have way more inspired written Word then they had. But the believers in Acts had the holy spirit in manifested power motivated by love of God. They also had their testimony and the testimony of Jesus, as they believed and ACTED IN FAITH.

I only know a few people actually interested and who do Walk with God. Most in practice are opposed, or have no desire contrary to scripture which states that we should desire spiritual matters and things; prophesy, understanding, revelation etc.

I read James Whites paper on The gifts of holy spirit. Even though they are not gifts but manifestations, which come with the holy spirit, he was right in stating that they should be sought after and are important.

These things have been lost for 2000 years for the most part. Today many Christians including SDA are opposed or not interested in the nine manifestations, or would disagree with James White. Some falsely accuse all manifestations to be of the Devil from those that have no understanding or experience. I have learned from others who were more knowledgable and experienced then I. God brought me into contact with the right people, books, situations and experiences.

My experience is if you seek you shall find and those that are actively persuing God and helping others receive what is needed whether revelation, healing etc.

Those openly opposing the holy spirit will not receive a thing except loss of potential rewards and judgment?

Thanks for referring to the early SDA material. God gives people what they want, those striving to walk by the holy spirit receive, those not interested never or seldom receive into manifestation the power of God.

People are actually afraid and ignorant of the holy spirit and how it works.

The Devil has done a great job in promoting apathy, ignorance, stubborness, Kundalini counterfeit spirit and disinformation to prevent the manifestation of holy spirit which brings evidence of God, deliverance and shows the kingdom of God in deliverance and signs, miracles and wonders, but also healing and casting out spirits reveals the kingdom of Satan for what it is, stealing, killing and destroying.

Almost all “Christians” have no desire to really walk with God by the holy spirit.

This is very sad, but this is the apostasy, a faling away from God. Many of the most fervnt religious people are actually opposed to the holy spirit. Much like the Pharisees.

People are resistent to change, especially religious people who are content with their religion and ceremonies and routines. They need the holy spirit but don’t want it.

So let us see you are the great reformer to the SDA Church? You want us to be rolling in the Isles babbling in incoherent tongues that no one knows let alone the one babbling, Manifest and operate the 9 manifestations and any other unchristian things like devil worship? As I said before you are a sandwich short of a picknick. 

Those are all your words and not mine. You put words in people’s mouths or accuse of things that are not in their thought-life or actions whatsoever. You have an evil and distorted view and continue to blaspheme the holy spirit. God does not give evil manifestations, as “But the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to profit withal.” I Cor 12:7.

You continually speak evil of others without evidence or justification, making judgments of salvation and supposed spiritual state without foundation, without revelation (discerning of spirits). 

You are not walking in love but walk in hatred and darkness. You spew out wicked surmizings and gossip that has no basis, impugning other’s character without reason or truth.

OK let us have a closer look at how "Lilly" white you really are. Lying we see here often, Braggart how many times have we not seen how superior you think you are compared to anyone else. And how retarded SDA is compared to you. You say EGW was not a prophet and then you say we have not had a prophet since EGW, you are probably implying you would make a better prophet. I know you are hoping I am having a very short memory and can not remember your antichristian posts. But the truth will find you out not everyone around here is not liars like you. 

James said: 

"God does not give evil manifestations,"

Yes true but the problem here is there is another who gives gifts of counterfeit. You think it is from God while in reality, it is from the Devil. Seeing you are a sandwich short of a Picknkick I guess you have difficulty to comprehend this, but I keep on trying.  

The Devil has you fooled and because you are to simple to understand that you stay fooled. 

Every once in a blue moon i come around and read here n there :)

but dont say much.

thats a great question

What came to mind is the scripture regarding love and joy and peace with yourself and others and God.

Galatians 5

Follow the Fruit of the Sweet Spirit and you can't miss ;)

Blessed Assurance is a song we sing in assurance the world over !!!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service