Adventist Online

Hi Brethren and Sistrens,

I believe there is a faithful Church-- this church is the Seventh-day Adventist Church Movement.  But there is a wide movement that is growing that there is no remnant church and that the church is just the people.  If there would be No remnant church where would we go??  Of course, people still believe in Jesus Christ, but many don't believe the Adventists even have the Truth anymore.  These are Not just offshoots many common people today don't believe in the Remnant Church of bible prophecy.  I could name 12 people that are very passionate about spreading that the Remnant is just the people.  I know I've run into them online.  The reasoning is because they believe the Pope has infiltrated the Adventist Church top down and is leading the whole mass into deception.  I believe in the Church, I also believe in Jesus of the church, I also believe we are to call people to baptism until close of probation or the national sunday law and death decree.  Which that could be the same thing?  Jesus works to undo the apostasy of the Catholic Babylonian systems.  He uses the Adventist Church and if the sins in Adventist Church are so great we should keep it quiet, because Jesus still wants to call people into Adventist Church and who would want to join a ill-repute movement.  Not very many that is for sure.

Any thoughts on these things.  Your welcome.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Richard did a great job

What's so good about living in cities anyway?

Abraham lives in country, so did Jesus, Nazareth as I believe was a small country village. EGW lived in Cooranbong NSW Australia, then a small country village.

Today its a moderate sized town.

Shalom to those living in Murgon QLD Australia, the country towns of the outback.

One friend said its too expensive travelling to cities to witness. I said it's free, that what your offerings are for, witnessing expenses. Shalom and may a "home church" spring up in your own church.

What does a "home church" mean to you anyway? or SOP?

Shalom

Yes, thanks for your greeting to Murgon. Once a thriving dairy center with Rail connection to Gympie and Brisbane it had its own Butter and cheese factory. It closed down many years ago the railway has been pulled up our only connection to the outside world is now by road only. So yes it's a little outback town of some 500 households. And as the meatworks closed down some years ago there is not a lot of opportunities to work here anymore. while I am retired I am not so worried about that for myself.  

Yes, Travel does not get any cheaper but I have a small car and travel to Toowoomba now and again to see my Dr and the round trip can be done for $40 so maybe your friend should give away his V 8 and go for something smaller. 

actually I am not too sure what you mean by "home church"

These are the only SOP I could find on "home church" Elijah.

God calls upon believers to cease finding fault, to cease making hasty, unkind speeches. Parents, let the words that you speak to your children be kind and pleasant, that angels may have your help in drawing them to Christ. A thorough reformation is needed in the home church.

Seems to be a little church, ran by a family, with parents and their children.

As church schools shall be established in the future, there is a class of work to be done in connection with them that has not been done in the past. All who can should have the privileges of a home church school. It would be well if several families in a neighborhood would unite to employ a humble, God-fearing teacher to give to the parents the help that is needed in educating their children.

Also refers to a little group of families, who run meetings for Jesus for the purpose of education, as in this example.

I wish that I were able to make you a visit; for I have words to speak to you as members of a home church. But I have been sick with influenza and would be unable to travel without increasing my difficulty. I have a message for you as father and mother of a family.

Here a family, is considered as members.

The convocations of the church, as in camp meetings, the assemblies of the home church, and all occasions where there is personal labor for souls, are God's appointed opportunities for giving the early and the latter rain.—Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, 508 (1897).

Here SOP broadens the term to mean something similar to convocations in a normal church, except the home church is a smaller convocation meeting to Jesus. This is required for the latter rain.

Do not rest satisfied that in the ordinary course of the season, rain will fall. Ask for it.... We must seek His favors with the whole heart if the showers of grace are to come to us. We should improve every opportunity of placing ourselves in the channel of blessing. Christ has said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst." Matthew 18:20. The convocations of the church, as in camp meetings, the assemblies of the home church, and all occasions where there is personal labor for souls, are God's appointed opportunities for giving the early and the latter rain....

At every meeting we attend our prayers should ascend that at this very time, God will impart warmth and moisture to our souls. As we seek God for the Holy Spirit, it will work in us meekness, humbleness of mind, a conscious dependence upon God for the perfecting latter rain. If we pray for the blessing in faith, we shall receive it as God has promised.71Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, 506-509.

Again during the latter, home churches are more important than the normal larger convocation churches.

To every laborer I would say, Let light shine forth in your home church. In the congregation assembled for worship, discharge every duty faithfully. And in all your official duties, let unselfish integrity characterize every act. All tithes, all moneys, entrusted for any special purpose, should promptly be placed where they belong. Let every penny that is received be entered carefully upon the books for the purpose specified. Money coming in for the cause of God should not be used in meeting a special emergency, with the thought that it can be replaced later on. This kind of unfaithful work the Lord forbids. It is a temptation coming from one who worketh evil. The enemy of our souls is constantly seeking to exercise a power that leads astray, and that, if unchecked, will prove the ruin of many.

The Lord, He is God. All His commandments are to be strictly obeyed.

It seems a home church is the same as a normal church except it runs on a tiny scale.

What advantages are their in running "home churches" rather than coming to a single larger convocation each Sabbath?

As Sonoma College each Sabbath School, all members went to branch Sabbath Schools, which is really like lots of Home churches. We have over 35 such groups, and hardly anyone left at the main Church each Sabbath.

What advantages are their in smaller churches? Say less than 8 in a church group? It tends to make you more passionate for Jesus. Your known by your Feeder by Name. Our Pastor is our feeder, and the regular Pastor is not supposed to feed us each Sabbath.

Eze 34:6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
 7 ¶ Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;

The purpose of Home Churches is to start witnessing for Jesus. Something our Pastors aren't doing, something we aren't doing.

Eze 34:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

When our Pastors no longer Feed us correctly, we are to cease feeding them, and start up our own Home Churches and during the latter rain, finish the work Jesus wants us to finish.

This is what I suspect "Home Churches" are for. Not just for parents and their kids at home. Also for a broader term. Heaven is our home. We are families of Jesus, and we need to bring light to other children of the world. We do this more in the latter rain time.

What do you think?

Shalom

We are all home churches.  I love this idea.  & the home extends to the church, neighbors, different regions, and different countries.  All sharing Christ's love and light to a dying world.  We are all in this together to stir up to love and good works until Jesus comes and as one of my favorite texts in the bible is-- "to give to every one according to his work."  Which reminds me of Jesus and love those works!  :)  Revelation 22:12 NKJV.  

I did a search on the EGW writings site and found 38 hits on "Home Church" And they are all talking about missionary work for some to go further away from home some to do the best they can in the home church. Anyway, maybe your friend just wants an excuse not to travel. Clearly we should do missionary work as best as we can. As you say there is always the offering. 

Glad you like idea of home church Andrew.

Elijah you see home church more for missionary work?

I see home church as a special Sabbath School meeting, where people practice getting to know Jesus passionately, as according to Scripture, getting  deeper flow of Him in our lives, listening to the voice of GOD via the conscience, and getting ready for the latter rain of witnessing. This means more prayer and fasting. After normal church we would meet again, ready to practice serving our community on Sabbath, spiritual healing. But first we all need to be of one accord, loving Jesus and getting to know Him.

The meetings is to practice godliness, learn to hear Jesus talking to us, and doing as He speaks to us. What do others think, "home church" is?

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by