Adventist Online

Does God already Know who will be Saved and who will go to Hell?

I believe God knows the past and the future.. But does he already know who will be saved and who will be damned? If he does, then whats the point of trying? Even if you try hard you will still be damned right? or viceversa.. Somebody help me understand this.. I was thinking about premeditation..

Views: 1136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, God knows the past, present, and future. Represent eternity as a circle and God is at every point of the circle.

To begin with, all of us were predestined in Christ to live eternally. See Eph.1:4,5. 

God's foreknowledge does not take our freedom away. God sows the seeds of Gospel truths and if these seeds are received into the soil of the heart the Holy Spirit causes them to grow until the harvest just as He causes the seed that is sown into the garden to grow. The devil also sows the seeds of error and they too will give a harvest.

"Even if you try hard you will be damned, right?"

Salvation is not about trying hard but about consenting

for Christ to accomplish the work of emptying us of self and to raise

us into a heavenly atmosphere where the rich current of His love can

flow through our souls. Rom.5:5.

We are invited to daily come to God just as we are, sinful, helpless,

dependent, trusting wholly in the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour.

As we do this, the love of God springs up in the heart and we are to

continue in this faith as we continue to search the Scriptures.

sky

You are predestined to be saved.

But you have choice and you can refused what God preordained for you.

God knows what your decision will be. But that does not take away the freedom for you to accept the free gift of salvation if you want it. Like any gift ... you can refuse it or send it back.

I hate to be a stickler also Rob. But, the quote where you thought EGW was using the word Predestination ... I do not believe was her words. Usually and particularly in the Bible Commentaries like you quoted .... the titles were not written by Ellen White. They were inserted by the compilers of the book. In this case .... the commentaries.

Rob I disagree.

Jesus told Peter that he would deny him three times before the cock crew.  Now either Jesus knew the exact future of Peters choices or God forced Peter to lie three times.

Obviously God does not force us to sin.  Therefore Jesus knew Peters choices before they occurred.  I do not see how you can explain that prophecy that Jesus made without the understanding that God knows the future completely; including the decisions that we make.  But just as with Peter, just because he knows what will happen, does not mean that he has predestined it to happen, he gives us free choice.

Jon

Well said Jon, also remember Isaiah 46:10: Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

I don't see how God can be God without knowing all things. Thats what Omnipotent is, and we don't understand 1% of it.

Ezra

Having knowledge does not mean that He is forcing ANYbody.
Very insteresting..Hi N HIM,''In this case,the commentaries''What?

What?

The titles in the commentaries are not necessarily inspired.

God's knowledge does not circumvent our freedom of choice...let's take it a step backward...God knew what satan would do...BUT yet He created him...??? God is God...and because He is we will NEVER understand Him or His ways...if we did..wouldn't He then cease to be God?Think about it when we get to heaven...the plan of salvation(only one part of God's infinite being)will be a eternal science that even the angels will be preplexed by...bottom line our God is awesome and mighty to save...God bless!

hey Joyce, just want to bring something to our attention

here, if you don't mind. In Romans 11:33 the apostle

Paul says that "His ways are past finding out" and

in Isaiah 55:9 we read, "For as the heavens are higher

than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways."

However, in Hebrews 3:10 the Lord says, "Therefore I was angry

with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray

in their heart, and they have not known My ways. So I

sware in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest.'"

So this clearly says that they did not enter God's rest

because they did not know His ways!

But in the next chapter we read, ""For we who have believed

do enter that rest," and in verse 11 we read, "Let us therefore be diligent to

enter that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of

disobedience." Heb.4:3,11.

So it is clear that one cannot enter into God's rest unless

he first obtains a knowledge of God's ways. God's ways

are past finding out to the unbelievers but to those

who believe the Holy Spirit teaches them God's ways

and these only can enter into His rest.

That makes biblical sense, doesn't it? 

"Teach me Thy way O Lord." Psalm 27:11; 67:2; 86:11

You wrote, "God is God and because He is we will never understand Him...."

It is not only possible to know Him but we must know Him, as it is

written,  "And we know that the Son of God has come and has

given us an understanding that we may know Him who is true,

and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ.

This is the true God and eternal life. " 1 John 5:20.

sky

that we may know Him...yes as our Savior...but understand all His ways never...the Bible says that His ways are higher...I personally desire to KNOW Him as my Savior, to KNOW Him as my Redeemer...what is the Way ...Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life...that is what I want to know...God is omniscient...I am not..neither do i desire to be...that is what got eve into trouble in the 1st place...wanting to be as God.. like i said before...when we completely understand God or all His ways...He will cease to be God...and of course that will never happen...there are some of His ways that He makes attainable to us...others He does not...mysteries...i.e mystery of Godliness...referring to the relationship of the Triune God...just glad to be His girl..his daughter..God Bless!

This is so cool you guys. thanks for all your answers, one thing i have understood is that God wants everyone to be saved.

I think God is too wise for us to comprehend. My question came from Malachi 1: 1-3

2"I have loved you," saith the LORD. "Yet ye say, `Wherein hast Thou loved us?' Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" saith the LORD. "Yet I loved Jacob,  
 3and I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

,, and there is somewehere where God said He hardened Pharao's heart so that God would be glorified.. I dont like thinking about these texts because they evolke questions in my mind that i can not understand or find answers to. All in All, am glad to learn that we are all Predestined to be saved.. The message of the cross is "Who so ever"; its not a collection of persons, God wants to save us individually and if there was only one person who had sinned, Jesus would still have left the heavens to come and die for that one sinner.. Halleluau to the Lamb of God, the Mighty to save! I love Him now more than ever..

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service