Adventist Online

I often come across with replies (reasoning) that say "that doing or believing things matters on individual choice or personal conviction. Is this true with us SDAs?

Does this harmonize or conforms with our SDA beliefs or SDA principles? Is there such a "unity" when it comes to standardization or uniformity of church standards (referring to us SDAs)  

Examples of this are:

1. It's okey to celebrate valentines day yet, others say it's not.

2. It's okey to celebrate Christmas yet, others say it's not.

3. It's okey to observe halloween yet, others say it's not.

4. It's okey to use drums in the church (with due consideration of diversity in culture) yet, others say it's not.

5. It's okey to sing differently deviating from the supposed (original) style not following the standard way of singing yet, others it's not.

6. It's okey to cook in Sabbath day yet, others say it's not.

7. It's okey to buy in Sabbath day yet, others say it's not.

8. It's okey to go to movie theaters yet, others say it's not.

9. It's okey to masturbate yet, others it's not.

10.It's okey to have sex (for couples) during Sabbath day yet, others say it's not.

11. What else or more we can add to these?

Does this mean that we are already patterned to what they call "Individual perception"? Do we really vary on our belief even if we are at one church? Does this mean we are loosing unity?

Everyone's thought(s) on this is highly welcome and appreciated. But just a reminder, let's maintain the healthy discussion on this particular forum. Let's discuss not debate...",

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. I am familiar with this fundamental. However ... it does not state what you stated it states. Could you show me where it states "One of the beliefs is that we do not sell those things, or manufacture same" (beer or cigarettes). In the doctrine you have posted ... it states nothing about the sale of or manufacture of beer or cigarettes.

Nor does it indicate that our hospitals can not harvest and implant hearts from other sources. Please indicate (if you can) which Fundamental Belief indicates these things.
"we would say to those who are disposed to crowd hop, tobacco, and swine growers among our people, that they have no right to make these things, in any sense, a test of Christian fellowship"

[THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW STATEMENTS TO BE ISSUED JOINTLY BY JAMES AND ELLEN WHITE. INASMUCH AS IT WAS SIGNED BY BOTH, IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HAD FULL SANCTION OF MRS. WHITE.--COMPILERS.]--The Review and Herald, March 24, 1868.
"Since alcoholic beverages, tobacco, and the irresponsible use of drugs and narcotics are harmful to our bodies, we are to abstain from them as well."

This is not a debate, this is what has been shown to me, and me only. God will have to show YOU these things. But in the meantime, check this verse out.

1 Cor. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Now if ye know this, you will not give yourself anything that will harm the body, right. So would you give it to anyone else?

3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

As for the hospital: Once you replace a humans organ with an animal organ, or a human organ for that matter, you will have to receive anti-rejection medication, which eventually will destroy the kidneys and liver. I don't believe a Baboon's heart is a natural thing to do. Back in the antidiluvian days, the were doing the same thing and what happened? A flood.
The issue is not if it is healthy or not. The issue you brought up was the manufacture and sale of same.

Could you show me where it states "One of the beliefs is that we do not sell those things, or manufacture same" (beer or cigarettes). In the doctrine you have posted ... it states nothing about the sale of or manufacture of beer or cigarettes.

As I have demonstrated ... our prophet indicates it is not a fundamental belief and is "not a test of fellowship".

You have stated it is in the 28 Fundamentals but have yet to demonstrate your claim.
Well, on the last point which you said "So that puts me in a position to keep my eyes on Jesus"....or in a line of a song goes that, "turn your eyes upon Jesus especially, look full in His wonderful face, and the things on earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace".

Let's just focus our eyes to Jesus even if how we vary on the way we perceive things (quote and quote our church standards) until He comes.
Brother Anthony, what you said does not mean that you will stop posting or going to church, God forbid. Yes, God forbid. Remember, our God is so gracious. He is a loving and merciful God. That's the very thing that cannot be fathom by our imagination and beyond our comprehension.
One more thing I'd like to ask from you Bro. Gideon if I may quote your statement saying that "This is to mean that the church also has godly standards But, it is up to the individual church members to consciously go by these standards with the help of the Lord Holy Spirit".

The question is, drawing out from the above-statement, if establishing a SDA church is just like establishing a franchise of a certain store, does it mean the church has the choice to change the standards?
Individual perceptions arise due to our failure as adventists to not only read the Bible but also to read E.G.white's reading.All examples you've put forth concerning the Sabbath are answered in 'COUNSELS FOR THE CHURCH' byWHITE.As for Valentines and Christmas,they have a pagan origin and a good number of adventists celebrate because the adventist church has conformed to the patterns of the world.
Since Christmas and Easter etc ... are NOW Christian holidays ... I think it is the pagans who are conforming to Christianity ... when they honor these days.
We Adventists are peculiar people in that we have been revealed to the truths, we take the 28 fundamentals as our line of doctrine and only till when one is convicted then you are able to follow this doctrines. However the world has infiltrated so much into the church such that the perception of alot has been changed to suit people's standards, we as Adventists however should carry high the torch we have. It's quite sad to read how different people view this however its interesting to note that God has revealed to us some standards, he didn't just leave a non purpose life he had direction in everything he did. I personally believe in the 28 fundamentals and whenever i want to keep in check i review.......
Great post Sis. Normah. I agree what you said. The sad thing is, even if God has revealed to us some standards, there are still some of our brothers and sisters in other churches who have different views or perception on church standards.
Praise God. It's always good to have someone appreciate our 28 Fundamentals. It seems that in these last days ... Satan is working within to diminish the Fundamentals with offshoots coming and influencing the church. Praise God for people such as you Normah who are willing to make a clear stand for the 28.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service