Adventist Online

1 John 4 v 3

NIV - but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

RSV - and every spirit which does not confess Jesus is not of God. This is the spirit of antichrist, of which you heard that it was coming, and now it is in the world already.

ASV and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh; and now it is in the world already.

KJV - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The proof of what he said in the video cannot be denied.  The fact that he is a Zoologist doesnt put him at a disadvantage where theology is concern.  The disciples and apostles where not trained theologians. It is evident that you embrace anything so as long as the name of God is included.  The undeniable fact is that the NIV version often reads a different meaning from the KJV.  Both cannot be right.

Paul was a highly trained theologian and philosopher, one of the foremost students of one of the foremost theologians of his day.  He wrote the majority of the theological treatises that make up nearly all the non-gospel portions of the New Testament.  

Acts 22:3

“I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today."

Acts 5:34

But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while.

In addition to his training in Hebrew philosophy and theology he was also thoroughly trained in Greek philosophy and able to hold his own in the debates at the Acropolis in Athens.  Recall that he was well respected there, even though  the debates did not persuade any Athenians to become Christian.

Most scholars are of the opinion John's writings prove him to be a fully trained priest.  It is not likely he would be a levitical priest, but once Christians started the practice of going to the Synagogue for what became the ordinary of the Mass and going to the home of a Christian priest to celebrate communion and the rest of what became the proper of the Mass, it is very likely that he was trained as a priest after Pentecost.

Did you know that there are 25 different Versions of the Bible?

I received and print out of all of these and that is amazing.....anyone else have anything to add to this?

If you go to www.biblegateway.com there are about 100 different versions.  I don't recommend many of the versions I mainly use KJV or NKJV as they are the most reliable versions

Some Bible versions may be easier for reading purposes but for studying purposes I think it is best to stick to either the KJV or NKJV as some of the other versions can give wording that is not entirely accurate.  For example the Contemporary English Version (CEV) renders John 3:16 this way,

"God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die." 

This wording supports the false teaching that people go directly to heaven when they die or that the consciousness lives on after we die which is an unbiblical teaching.

We see here in 1 John 4:3 that the NIV takes out the whole point in the text, "NIV leaves out the fact that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh--yet another swipe at the divinity of Christ." https://mundall.com/erik/NIV-KJV.htm

The newer versions may have a Papal slant.  We must be like the Bereans and see if this light reflects who Jesus is in the bible.  I prefer the NKJV.  There is also the King James Version.  and others that are good.  

True Andrew we need to be mindful of those modern translations I like NKJV and NIV but I always check with the KJV. You may be interested to read this 

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/65/t/the-faithful...

The 2017 Voice translation has a Papal slant.  Just be very careful to be true and faithful and joy in the Holy Spirit and Jesus pray pray pray and He will save you in a remnant church where we can get blessings in being closer to Jesus.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service