Adventist Online

Does Prayer of Faith really change the Will of God in one's Life?

Does Prayer of Faith really change the Will of God in one's Life?

I would be grateful for some thoughts on this question...

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No one can change God's will. Were pray that our will conforms top his.

Thank you Ezra for that comment. Yes, we submit our will, our desire, our dreams, our plans, and everything to His will. I agree with you, no one can change God's will. I really  do not have answers to my own question. I hope the answers and comments on thread would help me reason out some things, and help me really understand my question: Does prayer of faith really change God's will in one's life?

You got to give some examples from the Holy Bible who did it and who has succeeded. Because we seek Him and wait for his blessing. It sounds skeptical to me. more details pls

Thank you Sabrina for that comment. Your comment lead me to define what really is skepticism, to understand why you said "It sounds skeptical to me". Hence, I had to go to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skepticism). It was worth the time spent reading on the subject.

According to Wikipedia, Skepticism or scepticism is generally any questioning attitude towards knowledge, facts, or opinions/beliefs stated as facts,or doubt regarding claims that are taken for granted elsewhere.I would refer the reader to wikipedia for more detailed definition of skepticism

As listed in Wikipedia, there are 3 main kinds of Skepticism: Philosophical, Scientific and Religious Skepticism.

You are right, the question does sound skeptical, but in reality, I did not meant for it to be. Really, I am looking for answers, answers which I don't have myself. There are only two answers to my question: Yes or No. I don't know any answers apart from Yes or No. If answer is yes, than prayer of faith really works, and it does not matter how long it takes we just have to pray in faith. However, on the other hand, if the answer is No, the prayer of faith even does not change the will of God, then I am left with more real "skeptical" questions.    

I do not doubt God, His love, and His wisdom and power.

I am searching for answers, and I will prayerfully search the scriptures later for right answer to my question. I will not be satisfied unless I have evidence-based, reasonable answer. I will do that later, but for now I must sleep. It is getting late for me.

BIBLE DOES NOT SAYS IF WE PRAY THEN JESUS WILL COME, BUT SAYS IF HIS WORD BEEN SPREAD ALL OVER THE WORLD HE SHALL COME, HAD IT BEEN THAT PRAYER CAN CHANGE HIS WILL WE HAVE PRAYER WORRIORS THAT CAN CHANGE HIS WILL EASILY, MIND YOU PRAYER WITH ASSOCIATION OF HUMBLENESS AND OBEDIENCE CAN DEFINITELY CHANGE THE ANGER OF GOD: JUST LIKE HOW MOSES DID WHEN GOD WAS ANGRY WITH ISRAELITES BUT HIS PRAYER DID NOT CHANGED WILL WHEN ALMOST ISRARLITES DIED IN THE WILDERNESS EXCEPT JOSHUA AND CALEB

GOD

answers

PRAYERS

in three ways..

HE SAYS

YES

& GIVES u

what u

WANT

HE says

NO

& GIVES u

something

BETTER

HE says

WAIT

& GIVES u

the BEST

in

HIS own

time...If

u want to have the BEST

WAIT FOR HIS OWN TIME.

and GOD is patient with us so you too got to be patient.

Very true. it reminds me of the text in Romans 5:3-5. We should have patience

I think that is a subject that we all struggle with.  We want to pray for things to work out the way we would like them to...for healing, for money to survive, for a chance to get an education.  And some of these things are in God's will also.  But even God's hands are tied because He has to let Satan's plan play out so the whole universe can see the result of sin.  God cries with us when we suffer.  And if we could see the big picture, that our pain now is saving the universe from living this life, if we are truly selfless, we would chose to suffer this now so that other worlds never have to go through what we have.

Thanks Dorothy for that comment

concerning Hezekiah, God got angried with him when hezekiah became proud after his sickness (it must have been before his sickness, because God sees heart) 2 chronicles 32:24-26, you know it's never God's will for someone to die in sin unless if that person does not repent ezekiel 18:21-24

STURDY GUIDE:

1 JOHN 5:14
 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any...

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we ...

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them ...

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

It was not Gods will that Hezekiah die. God wanted him to live ,that's why he revealed to him that he was going to. It gave Hezekiah the chance to exercise his faith ,and at the glorify God.

How can we be certain that it was NOT God's will for Hezekiah to die? Is God a liar when He told Hezekiah you will die through prophet Isaiah?

God heard the sincere prayer of Hezekiah and changed what He said He WILL do.

I recall the story of Moses. After leading the children of Israel in the wilderness, he died in the land of the Moab, according to the word of the Lord (Deuteronomy 34:5). Hence, I feel that we can pray and present our petitions to God, but he has the final say. It is important that Christians realise this and accept that God makes the final decision, and submit to His will. It is hard to submit to someone else's will when we have our own. But with Christ in us, we can.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service