Adventist Online

Is it ever ok to hit your spouse?  What are some counsels to have when you are angry with your spouse because they just hit you in the head and gave you brain damage???

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My brain hit the side of my skull in my head and hurt my head and I feel soo bad that I don't even want to do my chores I just want to sleep.  What are some counsels for a good remedy for this situation?

I got hit in the head multiple times playing sports and just general stupidity that comes with being young.  I've never been officially diagnosed but take CTE seriously.  

I'd seriously recommend not sleeping until being checked by a medical professional if it was that bad dude.  

I have never raised a hand to my spouse.  However, if your wife did that to you, it is time to leave.  She is abusive and probably has the 'black widow' mentality looking to kill you for financial benefit.  I would run far and run fast.

something rudimentary

Is it ever ok to hit your spouse?

Most rational/sane people don't want to be hit in the context you gave so I would say no given that example. 

What are some counsels to have when you are angry with your spouse because they just hit you in the head and gave you brain damage???

Let the love stem the tide of uncontrolled retaliation/violence.  There are good examples of how Jesus Christ always prevailed by remaining calm and choosing his words/actions wisely in the face of various types of aggression.

I'd walk away if need be but recommend not letting the issue hang without seeking a clear peaceful resolution.  Let the spouse know how I feel about being hit out of anger and don't think it's healthy way to resolve problems.  Listen to what the spouse has to say regarding why they did what they did. Offer better solutions for how'd I'd like them to interact with me the next time I make whatever offense triggered them.  

Emotional pain can cause people to do things that seem irrational like hitting others they view as inconsiderate or ignorant of their needs & feelings. If someone hurts another emotionally that badly they should be willing to hold themselves partially accountable even if they don't view their offense as egregious as the reaction they got.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service