Adventist Online

This reminds me of when the great William Miller, who gave us Adventism, rejected the Sabbath, because of pressure from his peers:

At 2:45  "you can't change the words and say begotten is different from created."

Well, here's what EGW says:

"A complete offering has been made; for "God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,"-- not a son by creation, as were the angels, nor a son by adoption, as is the forgiven sinner, but a Son begotten in the express image of the Father's person, and in all the brightness of his majesty and glory, one equal with God in authority, dignity, and divine perfection. In him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." {ST, May 30, 1895 par. 3}

EGW and Doug Batchelor disagree. Created does not mean the same thing as begotten.

Doug Batchelor is a very good evangelist, and I've learned a lot from him, and will continue to benefit from his research on various topics, but the antichrist "..shall wear out the saints of the most High" Dan. 7:25.  Finally antichrist has worn out Adventists, and tricked us into drinking the wine of Babylon.  We agreed from the beginning of the SDA church in 1863, to never make a creed, because as soon as we do, God will have something new to teach us, and you can be sure it will disagree with our creed, and cause a division in our church.  God has to make fools of us again, like in 1844.

"What is justification by faith? It is the work of God in laying the glory of man in the dust, and doing for man that which it is not in his power to do for himself. When men see their own nothingness, they are prepared to be clothed with the righteousness of Christ." {FLB 111.2}

0:45 "God is past finding out." <---Very important disclaimer.

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WELL YOU CANT BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE SAYS.  

I HAVE PRETTY MUCH GOTTEN TO THE POINT IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD/CHRIST THAT I DO NOT NEED THE SPOKEN OR WRITTEN WORDS OF COMMON MAN, I AM GOOD WITH THE DAILY READING / STUDY OF THE BIBLE AND ONLY THE BIBLE.  IN A TYPICAL SERMON, YOU HAVE ABOUT 50 MINUTES OF PERSONAL INSIGHT, OPINION AND TRANSLATION AND STORIES, THEN THERE IS USUALLY LESS THAN 5 MINUTES OF BIBLE READING.   THE PERFECT SERMON FOR ME NOW WOULD BE READING OF BIBLE PASSAGES AND HAVING A DISCUSSION, THEN ANOTHER VERSE AND SO ON.

THAT IS JUST MY PREFERENCE, OTHERS LIKE AND NEED THE TRADITIONAL SERMONS, COOL.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service