Adventist Online

This is on of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. People seriously want to vote for this guy? It is really sad hearing such ignorance coming out of an educated man.

Views: 1005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are so many Issues in this world.  War,  persecution of Christians,  slavery, sexual slavery,  etc....  

ONE misspoken word of a black conservative man about gays and the world goes nuts.  

You would think that the only issue in the whole wide world is about a minority of gay people.   

Must be the love of the world and the teachings of Hollywood are influencing the minds of some  followers. 

Raymond

Dr. Carson is just as Hollywood as any actor. T.V. movies, books, publicity agents and salacious statements. Pay attention to the reality of facts, not just the message you agree with.

Leon

The only reason he Ben Carson is spoken of is that he is viewed as a threat.  Is it likely he will become president?  I doubt it.     

If we today as SDA Christians were truly spiritual, preaching the health message and the Gospel we would be a threat and under attack as persecuted Christians are in other parts of the world.  Like the book of Revelation speaks we are neither cold nor hot.  We try to be like other denominations and like the world.  

Where is this great ministry to gay people?  I want to support it.  

There is not one is there, because the common belief is that the God of heaven is not powerful enough to change the heart of a gay person.   It is just fornication.  That is all it is.  Jesus lifts up sinful fornicating people all the time.  Yet we have those who will allow sin in and call it mercy.  If the SDA church had a ministry to gay people there would be an attack on this church.  

"Pay attention to the reality of facts, not just the message you agree with."

I am not paying attention to Ben Carson as much as I am to my church.  There is a saying that politics is hollywood for ugly people.   If Ben Carson becomes president will that bring people to the gospel of Jesus?

It is interesting to watch and the new debate is interesting but in the end all the nations will be swept away including the USA.  We should concern or selves with the Gospel and those concerns for gay people should be put into action rather than fake outrage at what a minor political candidate says. 

Ray, your wrong, there is a ministry. I just forget the ministry. It was at the GYC in 2014 and they talked about it and talking to them about coming to christ and changing their ways. the ones who were speaking were gay and lesbian before and now aren't. this was at an event that there were thousands of youth from around the world. personally being gay is just like having an  affair. its a sin and we must repent and come to God. 

Thank you Beachboy.  I am happy to be wrong in this case.   I would suspect that any one who claims they were formerly gay gets harsh treatment.  It would be nice to know more about this ministry.  Yes, it is just fornication.  

One of the things people do not speak of is that there are men who fornicate with other men when there are no women around, but the preference is for women.   This would lead one to believe that the problem is just fornication.  Even the ancient Greeks talk about this as does the Bible in Colossians 3:5-7  

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 

Are LBGT's  the untouchable fornicators?  The only condemnation is for men who commit adultery against their wives.   

Read Leviticus 18:22 but there are many references who not to sleep with in leviticus. 

Either way they would have put him down for his belief that being said he had a great way of talking about this its out of the box thinking and I hadn't thought about it. Its a good example as any. I would vote for anyone with his views on things. 

The only and  I mean only thing i'm disappointed in is that he apologized for his statement. People we must stand up for our beliefs. We as are falling down on the job. He is standing up against this administration. The end of time is coming faster and most of the saints are asleep. We must ask for the holy spirit to lead us in our studies of scripture. 

"The only and  I mean only thing i'm disappointed in is that he apologized for his statement. People we must stand up for our beliefs.."

This is not a question of "belief" but rather if what he said is true or not.

In case of these statements it was not true and so he apologized for it.

Now i wonder why you are disappointed by it that he did?

Shouldnt we apologize when we make an error? Should we let a wrong statement stand because we can somehow claim a different belief and bend and twist our belief and scripture to justify our statement?

"He is standing up against this administration."

He is not standing up against anything. He is ridiculing himself and our belief along with him and not much else. Get back to medicine or even better go into retirement and just be humble and silent for a change is the message we should tell him not endorse his wrong statements because they are against "gays".

"We must ask for the holy spirit to lead us in our studies of scripture. "

His statement had nothing to do with scripture.

He tried to involve the constitution and forgot the most important part of the constitution and the declaration of independence and so do you apparently:

The Declaration of Independence states that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
The Constitution states in the First Amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So tell me why does Dr Carson or you or even Adventists in general feel that there somewhere in these documents is the possibility to state "with exceptions of gay people"?

It has nothing to do with scripture or your my or Dr Carsons beliefs but only to do with secular world.

Regards

You do know that you lose your rights when you go to prison and sex is against the rules for many obvious reasons which would include the safety of those imprisoned.   A good and safe prison would not allow sexual contact.  

"You do know that you lose your rights when you go to prison and sex is against the rules for many obvious reasons which would include the safety of those imprisoned.   A good and safe prison would not allow sexual contact.  "

Er? No you do not lose your rights. You are right that prisoners have less rights and some rights are limited but certainly a prisoner, even in the US, does not lose all rights.

Furthermore he was not speaking about prisoners in regards to the constitution remarks but rather on same-sex marriage for homosexual people so he still fails to acknowledge the 2 stated documents above. The prisoner remarks were only in reference to his wrong assumption that sexual orientation is a choice and trying to prove it this way.

This is not about religious beliefs or not this is about secular rights and there is a constitution in place which even religious people should honor no matter if we disagree with the life choices of others.

I agree about the constitution and yes you have very limited rights in prison.  Very limited.   

You are mixing religion and prison sex together and I do no see the connection.  I would think it would be very comforting to a young man that is going to prison to feel safe from sexual advances by predators.  So you are saying that prisoner have the right to sex.  Remind me to  never go to prison in Austria. 

"You are mixing religion and prison sex together and I do no see the connection."

I am not mixing anything together Raymond.

Dr Carson beliefs that sexual orientation is a choice. That is his (wrong) belief.

As prove he offered the explanation that US prisons turn straight people gay. Thats a wrong statement.

Later on he moved towards same-sex marriage and stated he wants to follow the constitution and therefore he opposes same-sex marriage. Which is a strange statement given that there is nothing in the constitution which would state "except for gays.."

These statements are the reason why he apologized and nothing abut these statements has anything to do with scripture or religion. 

So sorry Raymond but no i am not mixing anything together if anything Dr Carson is mixing it all into one wrong statement.

Regards

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by