Adventist Online

This is on of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. People seriously want to vote for this guy? It is really sad hearing such ignorance coming out of an educated man.

Views: 1005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Dr Carson beliefs that sexual orientation is a choice. That is his (wrong) belief."

It is debatable opinion as to whether there is choice or not.  

I'm gay. And I want my kid to be gay too': Lesbian CNN pundit admits she does not want her daughter, 6, to be straight and is 'disappointed' that she is already 'boy crazy'

• Sally Kohn is a political commentator for CNN, Fox News and MSNBC
  • She wrote in The Washington Post: 'I'm gay. I want my kid to be gay, too' 
  • 'When my daughter plays house with her stuffed koala bears as the mom and dad, we gently remind her that they could be a dad and dad' 
  • Kohn says like most parents she wants daughter to follow in her footsteps
  • But suspects her daughter, 6, is straight as she is already 'boy crazy'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964063/Gay-mom-says-gay-wa... 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Can the gay culture have it both ways? 

I love God because he gives me choice and freedom to choose.  I am no longer bound by self destruction.   Fornication whether it is same sex or straight leads to destruction and I believe in a God who can deliver all from sin.   

To provocative? lol

"It is debatable opinion as to whether there is choice or not.  "

Actually no. There is no choice involved and nobody is even claiming that.

You need to distinguish between choice-to-act and choice-to-be. An individual no matter if heterosexual or homosexual never ever consciously chooses to fall in love with another person nor does that person ever choose which other person he or she is attracted to.

There is absolutely no choice involved in that process until the time you find the correct mixture of chemicals, hormones and pheromones to trigger attraction or love feelings and inject that exact mixture into your body to fall in love or be sexually attracted towards someone there is absolutely no choice in that matter and than there still is no guarantee that it would actually work when the genes involved define sexual orientation and you try to override that.

The "choice" is if you act onto that feelings and emotions but not before.

The only valid question in regards how sexual orientation develops is if it is triggered by nature or nurture or both. Lately scientists all around the world find it to be a complex mixture of both actually.

"Can the gay culture have it both ways? "

Only quoted the reference sentence but i am replying to the rest of your "story".

I do not agree with Mrs Kohns stance but i think it is only natural and normal. Before you pee your panties let me explain:

I think every parent at some point wants their children to step into their footsteps so to speak. In many instances that is reflected through career or job decisions. In other instances these footsteps are represented through religion and nowadays it does to some point include sexual orientation. 

Is that a curse? I do not think so.

In fact it just shows how far societies have come along in regards to equality and pursuit of happiness. Today homosexual people can and do choose to live, prosper and be happy not despite their being homosexual but because they are homosexual and they recognize that sexual orientation is just one part of many which defines their being and not a "curse" or something to be sorry for.

Mrs Kohn however as many or i would even say most parents will have to accept that children have their own path to life, their own orientation, their own beliefs and their own talents which do not always reflect the traits of their parents.

If you have a son Raymond you would "wish" him to be heterosexual, kind, believing and so on. Thats natural but it does not always turn out what you or any parents wish for.

"To provocative? lol"

Not at all i just do not think you "like" the answer as you will not agree with it.

"An individual no matter if heterosexual or homosexual never ever consciously chooses to fall in love with another person nor does that person ever choose which other person he or she is attracted to."

Are you a teenager?  What a load of nonsense.  According to that there is no sin because we have no choice.  We are just a bunch of animals acting on instinct.

I am amused at the hypocrisy. 

"Are you a teenager? What a load of nonsense. According to that there is no sin because we have no choice. We are just a bunch of animals acting on instinct.

I am amused at the hypocrisy."

Hilarious reply Ramond.

The bunch of nonsense and hypocrisy is coming from you.

It is hard to imagine how you call to judge others but yet fail to see a difference between the sexual orientation or sexual instincts and the actions from someone.

"Manuela:"Dr Carson beliefs that sexual orientation is a choice. That is his (wrong) belief."
Raymond: "It is debatable opinion as to whether there is choice or not."

Read exactly before replying. Sexual Orientation as in the instinct is not a choice and there is zero debate about that. If you claim something else you lack basic biology understanding.

The choice never was never will be if you have a sexual orientation or a sexual instinct. 

The choice can only be whether or not you act on that instinct hence the sins adultery etc.

Following your logic every heterosexual who is attracted to someone made a choice that moment to be an adulterer because his instincts alone is sin already. Now thats a bunch of nonsense.

Have you heard of sanctification?  Freedom of choice.  Have you read Romans.  Does Jesus love us by making us free from sin or does he save us in our sin.   By saying Jesus makes free I am not judging or condemning anyone.

There is absolutely no choice involved in that process until the time you find the correct mixture of chemicals, hormones and pheromones to trigger attraction or love feelings and inject that exact mixture into your body to fall in love or be sexually attracted towards someone there is absolutely no choice in that matter and than there still is no guarantee that it would actually work when the genes involved define sexual orientation and you try to override that.

So what you are saying is that we are slaves to the body God has given us and we are with out choice.  Sex is important to marriage and reproduction but it is not the most important thing ever.  We do have choice.  We can be attracted to other and be moral.  It happens all the time in a healthy society.

So how come Jesus who was fully human  have success? Did he lust after a women because of hormones and pheromones?  Jesus is my example in this regard even though I have failed I hold Him as the standard for my life.

We are not livestock sniffing the wind to find another to mate with. 

"So what you are saying is that we are slaves to the body God has given us and we are with out choice. Sex is important to marriage and reproduction but it is not the most important thing ever. We do have choice. We can be attracted to other and be moral. It happens all the time in a healthy society.

So how come Jesus who was fully human have success? Did he lust after a women because of hormones and pheromones? Jesus is my example in this regard even though I have failed I hold Him as the standard for my life.

We are not livestock sniffing the wind to find another to mate with."

Raymond maybe you should restart your thinking process because your claims or interpretation of what s being said is flawed.

The claim by Dr Carson was that homosexuality is a choice.

That claim is wrong. Sexual Orientation be it hetero or homosexual is never a choice. There is absolutely zero debate about that going on.

What you are referring onto are actions done based upon that sexual orientation or instinct.

Those actions and only those actions are a choice yes and there is a debate going on how much of a choice in the end but thats were you can claim "sin" not anytime sooner.

If you can not distinguish these 2 from each other than you do not serve anyone but rather alienate and drive away people.

I never ever even suggested what you are stating.

That is done by you when you try to defend that homosexuality, the sexual orientation / instinct, is a choice and already adultery. If we apply the same rationale onto heterosexuality than every heterosexual would be guilty of adultery as well.

Please learn to be accurate a little bit more and not mix an unconscious character trait with actions based onto that trait. It is rather odd for you to claim that a heterosexual can control his actions even when he is attracted towards someone and thats why it is not sin but for homosexuality it is already the attraction which is sin and a choice...

Have a nice day

In a lot of European countries they just put them in glorified college dorm rooms.  It is like going to University again, except you can't leave the grounds for awhile.

I can understand him wanting to clear up anything he may have mispoken about but his apology sounded like he's doing a complete 360 on his view of the topic being a choice.  I wanted to root for him but now he's playing politics instead of being willing to clarify and voice his beliefs.  He would have been the first president I actually wanted to win in a while, now I just don't care any more and feel like I'm back to picking the lesser of several evils.

Sure hope he was a better doctor than politician.  He is not ready for prime time.

How would DR  Carsons back up this claim? Itis true the prisons today are full of  Homosexual  activity n  it not just because they deprived of women sexually either..  . Inot getting involvedon  speaking on a topic I have little evedience to supportbut I Have known a few that were in prision and came out scarred n others perfectly normal well to the extent u can measure normal.

I have heard men get raped in prision and everyone else in here I know has too and women tha tbe in prision  ca nbe  just as cruel the statstics are just not as public as those in male prisions.. Dr Carsons is no expert in the affairs dealing with imprisonment and  homesexuality is he ??. IN order to write on tha ttype of topic what is it  you would have t do to prove what you writing about and how long would u have to watch afterwards of what happens after men are released??

Stick to medicine and science Dr Carson. We still want to respect you.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service