Adventist Online

Is it Biblically right for a man to put on a woman's clothes, or a woman to put on a man's clothes? Responses to be accompanied with references!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is very simple. Men should not wear women's clothes and vice versa.
Kind of worthless unless you define what is men's and what is women's. Do pants belong in just the men's domain or not? And does this apply to all cultures of the world?
Whatever you get from a men's clothes shop is for men and vice versa. Every country has it's own customs so you can only talk about regional specifics if you want to name individual items.

If you apply the principle it works wherever you are.
So, when I go to Scotland ... I get to wear a skirt? But if I bring the skirt back to the US ... I am not allowed to wear it?
Kilt...
It is called a kilt. It is menswear.

In the US you decide what is the right thing to do. If you don't think it would offend the brethren or cause anyone to stumble. It would be the same as wearing a gallebeyah (Arabic, dress-like men's attire). If you have a reason to do that then you make the decision. If it conforms to the modesty and respect for God that one would normally expect and doesn't divert from worship; if it doesn't cause anyone to stumble... why not?
The gallebeyah might cause one to stumble. But the 'kilt' is much shorter and should not pose a problem.
Raquel, what do you think about women wearing pants? I don't think it's a good idea. When women waer pants so tight it looks like they are poured into them, it doesn't leave much to the imagination.
Why are you wanting so much to imagine? I guess that would be considered ... fantasy?
Surely then, the question is: what do you think about women wearing tight pants?

In other words, it is not a question of what but of how it is worn in this instance.
Mr. Corbel, I'm sorry if I've come across as disrespectful. I didn't want to drive you off of this website but simply ask you to tone down the argumentativeness. If I was insensitive, I'm sorry. We all have problems. I hope JohnB feels the same way. We don't need to start hurting others over little arguments like this.

I am curious now as to how much fun you're having now that this debate is causing you to consider leaving. I hope you reconsider.
Oh, okay. I can never tell just how offended people on this website are. You may feel free to believe that I am naive.

"Ain't" is a bad word. :(

Sorry. ;-)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com