Adventist Online

Is it Biblically right for a man to put on a woman's clothes, or a woman to put on a man's clothes? Responses to be accompanied with references!

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"We MUST represent Him in all of our interactions with others. Others should see Him plainly."

This is well said and something we ALL need to strive for.
{"Unity is in our hands, we decide."} You are so right John. If we could only remember, our faith and courage will move mountains just as the Father said.............. It is the Holy Spirit that brought order our of chaos. He is still in the business of mending hearts and mending fences if we would only let Him.
I agree with Joe Crews. Women wearing tight pants is just a part of the slipping loose morals of society. The temptation for men becomes all the greater in that regard.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
If men were lusting after women back then when women wore robes hiding the shape of the body, think about how much more worse it is now with women wearing bikinis and other lingerie looking clothes.

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

I would say pants are men's clothes. Culture has nothing to do with anything. God does not change his rules because of some humanistic cultural precedent. Either it's right or wrong, or it's modest or immodest.A "kilt" is a womens skirt, period.If in some culture people walk around naked, is that acceptable too?

Tight jeans show off a womans body, that which should be hidden in modesty. Women often blame us men when we stare or give the second look, and most feel that can they can dress however they want. Ive seen women in church every Sabbath wearing clothes designed to distract men and cause lustful thoughts. I've seen pastor's wives that dressed like streetwalkers.

The few that seem to dress the most modestly are the ones over 60
men wear garments, women wear garments. men wear pants. women wear pants.men wear hats. women wear hats.
men wear coverings on their head, women wear coverings on their head. men wear shoes. women wear shoes.
we should want to dress so people will look at our smiling faces and be interested in knowing us instead of our covering.
If men or women are looking at your clothing only, you might want to reassess what you wear and what your motive is.
clothing should be comfortable, clean and neat.
1 Peter 3:3 (New International Version)
3"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine (meaning expensive) clothes."
Proverbs 31 25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity;she can laugh at the days to come."
Good Points Kim. Thank you.

You know ... too often the men blame the women for what they do and look at and think and act on. But it is what is in the mind that protects a man. And the mind needs to be purified . The man should not expect the women to fix what is their own personal issue. Each man has a different temptation. If the woman were to keep adjusting what she did on that basis ... she would have to stay at home in her closet. And most likely ... some man would be stimulated by that.

Believe me ... the mind of the man can be purified and protected. Victory can be had if the man looks unto Jesus.
Thats like saying anything goes, it doesn't matter if women dress immodestly, that it's up to the man to "purify" his mind to withstand temptation. That is true. But what about Christian women who dress in sexy revealing "clothes" on purpose? That doesn't matter? What are they really doing? Does pride of appearance matter here?

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Pro 6:26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.

What goes through a man's mind when he sees a woman dressed with abandon? Seduction. That is the message that is sent by her to the males whether that is her purpose or no.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I think what is more significant is not the man's dilemma or increased temptation, but what is the woman doing to her own spiritual walk with Jesus if she is a Christian? In these situations, unless the man falls into the snare, he is innocent of sin, it is the woman dressed seductively that enters into sinful activity.

I don't think there is ever a time when she does not know what she is revealing, or what effect this can have. I realize that young women growing up in today's society mostly see these norms as perfectly fine.

For the Christian woman, it is a matter of commitment, study, and that lifelong process of sanctification.
A Christian woman will not dress sexy or revealing, stephen,
and no one said anything goes, but you.
I didn't say that I believed "anything" goes, please do not put words in my mouth! I applied that statement to what N HIM said.
Interesting how the pointing of the fingers ... continues to be primarily focused towards the women. It is THIS that I disagree with.
To you you it is pointing fingers, in reality, it is not.How many men dress sexily that tempts women, compared to the women that dress sexily that tempt men? There is virtually no comparison!
Men are more stimulated by the sight of the female form than women are of the male. Women are more stimulated by emotional affection than just sight.I'm not insinuating that men are better than women, we are all equal in value, according to the price that Christ paid for us.

Lets see this properly as it is, and not rashly jump to illogical conclusions.
Genesis 3

The man replied, "It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it."

Then the LORD God asked the woman, "What have you done?"
"The serpent deceived me," she replied. "That's why I ate it."

Passing the buck, still going on today. :)
Amen. We have not changed in 6,000 years. Still doing the finger pointing thing.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service