Adventist Online

i wonder why we do not use drums or tambourines in SDA worship. once i asked a pastor in our local church about this matter and he told me that it depends on the culture of the country. traditional SDA worship doesn't use drums or other loud musical instruments but should we not really use them in worship? many texts in the bible said we can worship with those instruments though...

Views: 3402

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

so true. I was thought to be a sinner because I sang too loud or felt the need to make a joyful noise! when well we learn and understand that God made us all! what a boring world it would be if there was no room for joyful noise!!!

Thanks Ian. But people can claim anything. All kinds of wild claims are made especially on this forum. But it certainly does not make it Biblical. We need to stick with God's Word.
Bro Ian is the drum the only instrument that is used to facilitate demon possession?
If your answer is no then any instrument that can be used or has been used to demon worshio purpose must also be discarded from use in the church. And we have been over this time and again but you will find that the HOLY and ACCEPTABLE instrument of the SDA church namely the ORGAN has it's origin in ancient Greece. And for whatever reason had a errible time being accepted in the church by the reformers.

I have no problem with folks disregarding the drum as an instrument of the devil but tell me one instrument that is not an instrument of the devil and I will show you where you are mistaken.
Bro Ian

I have no argument that drums are associated voodoo witchcraft and other dark arts and also facilitate other demon possession. You are so absoulutely right, I am just asking you what instruments apart from drum are not assoiciated with withcraft voodoo or other dark forces. Are drums the only instruments that qualify aqnd where is tour list of qulaified instruments for worship.

Gen 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.

Jubal a descendent of CAIN was the Father of those who handled the HARP and ORGAN. seems to me that both the HARP and the ORGAN has a very dubious beginning. And yet the HARP is a most reverred instrument in Bible times and the Organ in our very SDA churches today.

Now I could be wrong but I wonder what Jubal was using his HARP and ORGAN for. I very much doubt it was to give honour to GOD. on the contrary for Adventist teach that the Sons of God in Gen 6:2 were the descendents of SETH and the Sons of men in the same verse were the Descendent of CAIN.

So Seth was the Godly Line and CAIN the UNGODLY line and the UNGODLY line of CAIN is the FATHER of the HARP and the ORGAN.

So if we are to use your argument the we need to throw out the HARP and the Organ. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. So maybe we should throw out all instruments and go back to the Gregorian chants but we cant becase they have their origins in THE BEAST the HARLOT.

I admire your stand that drums are not for you and they do nothing for you and you are uncomfortable with them. But to try and legislate on the issue is the height of arrogance. And sister White pointed out the dangers of abused music not just the abuse of drums.
Excellent Points Pastor Parker. :)
Hey Charlie. It is SO good to see you back here. Welcome.

And of course you are right on with this topic. It seems that people will bend over backwards to claim that something they don't like is of the Devil. They give the Devil SO much power. As if just because the Devil uses something and perverts it ... that he forever OWNs it? Give me a break.

Thanks for your input.
N Him

It's good to be back but sems like nothing have change but good to see you still fighter your corner lol
Yes. How true ... not much has changed. The faces have changed some but their messages remain the same. Good to have you back on board.
sure, i wanna read it. please do share. thank you.
But are drums the only instrument that the world uses?
You must go to one of those conservative type churches. Have you ever watched 3ABN and seen the Andrews Church with Dwight Nelson? They usually have some simple drums. Many of our churches do. It just depends upon how willing the particular church is to go against tradition and reach out to a variety of people. You should look around till you find a Spirit filled church.
Well ... we won't reflect God's character till we see His Face .. then it will reflect. Certainly we should be true to God but music does bring people to Christ and influence for good. Otherwise we would have to do away with all the hymns from our pioneers. Surely you aren't suggesting that?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service