Adventist Online

In the last year or 2 (jus my experience) I've seen a lot of drums used in the church for praise teams, and well pretty much anything else involving music. I have yet to see drums mentioned in the Bible. I've heard that instrument isn't mentioned there. I'm not sure but I believe Ellen White saw drums entering the church eventually too and wrote about that altho I couldn't find where right now. And I kno theres cultures out there who use them to summon spirits.. soo...yeah... lol. But does anyone else know anything around all this? Whats your take on it?

UPDATE (10/10 & 14/11): Over time I have learned a lot over the study of the Bible and SOP concerning the use of drums in the church. I don't want to make this reading extra long so I'll share some studies I have written it, with Scripture and SOP, as well as other sources with much even scientific evidence. God bless in your studies, and may we make the right decision. 

MUSIC & THE 3 ANGELS MESSAGES -Fitzroy Anderson | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

SONIC WARFARE -Ivor Myers | 1 (find this one, you find them all)

THE BEAST FROM THE ABYSS -Ivor Myers (please see also the other 3 connecting sermons located right below the player. Can't miss it)

Music seminar segment in THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES (Music and the Great Controversy) (Patterns from Music) (Satan's Musical church) (Music and the Emerging Church)

Some of my own studies <-- A growing group of SDA Youth on Facebook against secular music in our church.

Dwayne Lemon Testimony <-- hitting real close to home, maybe even there, actually.. 

Please friends, no more "I think", "I feel" answers. Lets study it out. I understand there will be disagreement, I've seen this in my journey to get an answer. We are Seventh-Day Adventists who seek citizenship in heaven! ...however :) That comes first, and heaven should be our culture. Lets be honest, sincere, and willing to look at the evidence. These are, after all, well learned Seventh-Day Adventists, who base what they will share on Scripture. After all, we too need to remember who we are.

He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. - Proverbs 18:13 KJV

God bless. 

10/31/11 UPDATE

Seminar: Music-Dwayne Lemon

History repeats itself:

God's Instruction on Music:

Music, the Sanctuary, and the Judgement:

Tags: 150, drums, music, praise, psalm, worship

Views: 3751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

look here and say something

Site Sponsors