Adventist Online

E.G.W. DIRECTED SDA NOT TO PURSUE GOD'S MIRACLES BECAUSE OF COUNTERFEIT MIRACLES

The following was copied from section of Charimatic Experiences In Early Seventh Day Adventist History by Arthur L. White.. See PDF.

”Counterfeit Healings [Top of this Section]

However, just as other special blessings made possible through the Holy Spirit have been counterfeited, so have miraculous healings been counterfeited. Ellen White warned:

"Let none cherish the idea that special providences or miraculous manifestations are to be the proof of the genuineness of their work or of the ideas they advocate. . . . "Satan will work in a most subtle manner to introduce human inventions clothed with angel garments. But the light from the Word is shining amid the moral darkness; and the Bible will never be superseded by miraculous manifestations. The truth must be studied, it must be searched for as hidden treasure. Wonderful illuminations will not be given aside from the Word, or to take the place of it. Cling to the Word, receive the ingrafted Word, which will make men wise unto salvation. . . .

"The wonderful, the marvelous, will be represented and presented. Through satanic delusions, wonderful miracles, the claims of human agents will be urged. Beware of all this. "Christ has given warning, so that none need accept falsehood for truth. The only channel through which the Spirit operates is that of the truth. . . . Our faith and hope are founded, not in feeling, but in God." --Selected Messages, book 2, pp. 48, 49.

She explained why we cannot depend on miracles today, though Christ often worked through miracles:

"The way in which Christ worked was to preach the Word, and to relieve suffering by miraculous works of healing. But I am instructed that we cannot now work in this way, for Satan will exercise his power by working miracles. God's

servants today could not work by means of miracles, because spurious works of healing, claiming to be divine, will be wrought.

"For this reason the Lord has

Page 14

marked out a way in which His people are to carry forward a work of physical healing, combined with the teaching of the Word. Sanitariums are to be established, and with these institutions are to be connected workers who will carry forward genuine medical missionary work. Thus a guarding influence is thrown around those who come to the sanitariums for treatment."--Ibid., p. 54. (Emphasis supplied.)”

Views: 853

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you have done the impossible in the name of Jesus Christ in the love of God that is profitable, such as healing or casting out demons and delivering someone, then you have accomplished sonething other than talk. If you have the truth, then why are you not operating all nine manifestations of holy spirit.

These are spurious opinion-based arguments that hold no theological weight and are based on assumptions rather than solid Biblical reasoning.

In other words, they are meaningless.

"The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness." (Ecclesiastes 10:13)

I have Christ in me the hope of glory no matter what you "think."

If you listened to God you would know what I am in the spirit.

You have not received a discerning of spirit(s) revelation. You are an SDA Pharisee in a sense, thinking you know when you don't.

I know that I know that I know. I have been saved too many times by God, seen too many signs, miracles and wonders to deny what I know to be true. Walk the talk, demontrate the spirit, otherwise it is just talk. In 1975 when I first spoke in tongues, it was undeniable. Speaking in multiple languages that are not learned, available 24 hiurs a day, seven days a week as edification of the spirit and orayer). Not to mention interpretation of tongues, proohesy, revelation, faith, miracles and gifts of healing. 

You have no conception, probably never will.

James said "I have Christ in me the hope of glory no matter what you "think.""

When I read that statement I was reminded of this.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' 

Yes, you may well have miracles to show but are they from God? The Bible is pretty clear about what is needed.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. 

James said, "like majority of Christianity the lack of manifestations leaves the church without revelation guidance, healiing, deliverance and evangelical effectiveness."

Yes, James, you have miracles, we have the testimony of Jesus the Bible describes the end-time people like this.

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. 

As far as I can understand it does not speak about miracles but it does speak about Testimony of Jesus. Miracles are not the testimony of Jesus besides lawbreaking will not earn you any merit either. 

The Pharisees believed only in commandments, they did not recognize the Messiah or the spirit of God’s seven manifestations available during the Gospel period. Neither do you.

SPIRIT OF APOSTASY IS RAMPANT 

Your argument seems to revolve around a series of accusations rather than presenting a rational rebuttal.

I understand your difficulty and recognise that you are unable to Biblically defend your position. An accusation of not recognising the Messiah is patently incorrect and really tends more to debase your argument.

As you maintain the Bullingerist position of "secret" teachings and a misunderstanding of Paul's position regarding spiritual gifts you will, of necessity, find your leanings incompatible with SDAism.

The SDA position is built firmly on a Biblical foundation and that is where you will find a problem when trying to pit it against positions established on a non-Biblical basis. I agree with your last, shouted, statement and I believe that is what we are fighting against.

As there is the true, so also there is the false:

"For they are the spirits of Demons who performs signs, which go into the Kings of the habitable Earth, to gather them to the war of that great day of God Almighty.
(Revelation 16:14)

You guys always play the "counterfeit/demon card!

Well James according to the Bible that is what it is. I am well aware of you trying to tell us that it can only be from God, maybe you should investigate counterfeit miracles. The Bible points to those in a no-nonsense way in Rev. 

We believe what the Bible says with no additions like glossolalia and the like. 

James said: "If you were walking by the spirit, then you would be able to receive revelation from God which is not from the five senses" 

Explain to me how you can be walking in the Spirit when you willfully disobey God?

You will note that James' argument boils down to following feelings rather than the Word of God. This is a very dangerous and unsafe argument - particularly if it contradicts God's Word.

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."
(Isaiah 8:20)

So very true JohnB. The Bible shows him up for what he is a FRAUD. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service