Adventist Online

E.G.W. DIRECTED SDA NOT TO PURSUE GOD'S MIRACLES BECAUSE OF COUNTERFEIT MIRACLES

The following was copied from section of Charimatic Experiences In Early Seventh Day Adventist History by Arthur L. White.. See PDF.

”Counterfeit Healings [Top of this Section]

However, just as other special blessings made possible through the Holy Spirit have been counterfeited, so have miraculous healings been counterfeited. Ellen White warned:

"Let none cherish the idea that special providences or miraculous manifestations are to be the proof of the genuineness of their work or of the ideas they advocate. . . . "Satan will work in a most subtle manner to introduce human inventions clothed with angel garments. But the light from the Word is shining amid the moral darkness; and the Bible will never be superseded by miraculous manifestations. The truth must be studied, it must be searched for as hidden treasure. Wonderful illuminations will not be given aside from the Word, or to take the place of it. Cling to the Word, receive the ingrafted Word, which will make men wise unto salvation. . . .

"The wonderful, the marvelous, will be represented and presented. Through satanic delusions, wonderful miracles, the claims of human agents will be urged. Beware of all this. "Christ has given warning, so that none need accept falsehood for truth. The only channel through which the Spirit operates is that of the truth. . . . Our faith and hope are founded, not in feeling, but in God." --Selected Messages, book 2, pp. 48, 49.

She explained why we cannot depend on miracles today, though Christ often worked through miracles:

"The way in which Christ worked was to preach the Word, and to relieve suffering by miraculous works of healing. But I am instructed that we cannot now work in this way, for Satan will exercise his power by working miracles. God's

servants today could not work by means of miracles, because spurious works of healing, claiming to be divine, will be wrought.

"For this reason the Lord has

Page 14

marked out a way in which His people are to carry forward a work of physical healing, combined with the teaching of the Word. Sanitariums are to be established, and with these institutions are to be connected workers who will carry forward genuine medical missionary work. Thus a guarding influence is thrown around those who come to the sanitariums for treatment."--Ibid., p. 54. (Emphasis supplied.)”

Views: 1263

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sunday keeping Happy Clappers are all about display and peacock feathers. You have no humility all you have is bragging about your tongues and other questionable pursuits, the bible does not speak kindly about that kind. And keeping God's commandments is a requirement for salvation, there is no way around it, even that you seem to think there is.  

Peace 

Ian wrote: " Sunday keeping Happy Clappers are all about display and peacock feathers. You have no humility all you have is bragging about your tongues and other questionable pursuits, the bible does not speak kindly about that kind. And keeping God's commandments is a requirement for salvation, there is no way around it, even that you seem to think there is. humility all you have is bragging about your tongues and other questionable pursuits, the bible does not speak kindly about that kind. And keeping God's commandments is a requirement for salvation, there is no way around it, even that you seem to think there is."

Blessings my brother.... You sure about that? IMHO, I think it's better to say, keeping GOD'S commandments is a requirement, period! If you put  "for salvation " at the end of that like you did, in my view, and I could be wrong, it gives an appearance of salvation being achieved by something we can do, by works. 

Let me know what you think, thank you.

Blessings to the family down under! 

Thanks for the correction brother Reasoning you are quite correct. The only thing I would add to that is if you are willfully not keeping God's commandments will lose your salvation.   

Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12.

I Corinthians chapter 2:

"1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.  3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.  4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.  6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: (Greek; Teleios meaning mature, fully initiated into the sacred secrets as revealed to Paul by revelation of Jesus Christ) yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:  7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery (Greek; Musterion; meaning sacred or divine secret), even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:  8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God."

Paul demonstrated the power of God by the spirit of God. Therefore, you are dead wrong in your statements, not knowing the power of God nor His manifestations which has been given to the body of Christ, as you are yet carnal, not even being able to discern spirits, and your judgment is false and contradicts what Paul said above.

You quench the spirit and attack those that do manifest the spirit of God in manifestation, even calling God's deliverance of Cobb and its people and property and forests in 2015 as of the Devil. 

Isaiah 5:20 "20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

James said: Paul demonstrated the power of God by the spirit of God. Therefore, you are dead wrong in your statements, not knowing the power of God nor His manifestations which has been given to the body of Christ, as you are yet carnal, not even being able to discern spirits, and your judgment is false and contradicts what Paul said above.

So with this do you say that your peacock feathers display abolishes God's commands? 

Interesting reading gentlemen, Liked what Jason said, I notice Elijah is adding a traditional SDA view which is good also.

James you speak, and I quote:"

My SDA friend who speaks in tongues understands and agrees with me on tongues as well as the other manifestations because my friend speaks with freedom of will in languages not known by him.

Tongues also are for the edification of the believer speaking, to magnify God, to pray in the spirit, to talk to God directly by the spirit, to give thanks well, to speak sacred secrets, as a sign and proof of the holy spirit, and in conjunction with interpretation to edify, comfort and exhort the believers.

What about Paul's admonition if anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, he is supposed to acknowledge that these are the commandments of God, regarding I Cor 12, 13 and 14, and even all the epistles above are in essence commandments of God. Do you follow those perfectly? Including the adomition to speak in tongues and to covet to prophesy. Have you prophesied lately? "endquote

I am currently training myself with fasting and prayer to allow public miracles if Jesus wills this, to flow through me, as we develop a deeper experience with Jesus.

Here I am writing to a person who already has this deeper experience with GOD.

Wow. I am speechless and inspired to know. My brother is a Pastor and when I asked him have you ever allow Jesus to do public miracles through you, He said yes, a number of times. I nearly fell off my chair...

So James can I ask how, how this wonderful deeper experience with GOD is achieved... you must have a real deep understanding of humility and meekness and removing self, which is rare among SDA people.

I have studied the only public miracle in modern times, that of a 4 year old girl from Nambia, the falling of manna in 1945. I was surprised that no Pastor has investigated why and how such public miracles happen.

First you would have to understand what "faith" is and how this works? So please tell me what faith means in your life, to allow a deeper flow of Jesus power through your life?

Second your understanding of fasting and prayer .... I am still learning... Jesus said some aspects of a deeper flow of power only comes through fervent prayer and fasting.

Can you tell me how you achieve these things?

Thirdly and most difficultly is the removal of self. What is self? and how is this propensity to use our own human powers, instead of allow Jesus to flow through us removed?  I am still learning what "Self" means, asking Jesus for help.

It only takes a spark to get the fire of GOD going. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how those things I raised are achieved. We have a website written for the purpose of recording these experiences, but I cannot witness as yet, for I have not achieved this deeper flow of Jesus in us, yet. Privately we get amazing flows of Jesus, but not publically. So you have my fullest attention to your response.

Speaking in tongues, prophecy, and signs we have the Holy Spirit in us; aside, these are specific matters you raise... I will leave such matters alone...for now;  the real question at hand is how is this deeper flow of Jesus through you achieved?

Shalom

I apologize I did not see your request until now. Thank you Rob. Your interest is refreshing and Godly, as we are supposed to desire spiritual matters or things. I would be honored to confer with you privately, probably by phone would be best. I live in California. I think I can message you with my phone number, but please remember any time zone differences as I am on West coast pacific time. 

I have recommendations for the best books on these subjects. Once knowledge and understanding is obtained, and the desire to walk by the spirit in love to serve God's body of Christ, then like a flower opening up the holy spirit will teach you in conjunction with understanding the basic principles of the hoky spirit field.

I am not special, you have everything spiritually that you need by Christ in you. Its  just having an accurate knowledge. Unfortunately it is rare to see the manifestations in operation as in the Book of Acts.

Rob, Send me a friend request please. I can definitely assist you. I have 45 years experience and study in this field, as well as general Bible study. I specialized in 3 things: the sacred secrets given to Paul (Greek: musterion), and in the holy spirit field, and lastly Word applied in culture, as I am an artist, musician and art restorer/conservator.

I have worked in many areas of ministry from witnessing, setting up stuff for classes, to acting as pastor/counseling, teaching as well as I filled in as needed in the body of Christ. 

Things are not as difficult as they seem once you get your spiritual feet wet per se. I encourage you to contact me. God and I have the answers to the basic questions and much more...

I have always thought well of you as you show good character and are studious and desire the truth. That is a good foundation. God bless,

James

Rob, I sent you a friend request, When accepted then We can exchange contact information. God bless.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service