Adventist Online

Quetsion: If You Were Arrested Today By Civil or Federal Authorities For Keeping The Sabbath, how would you defend yourself in court? I Guarantee You That Not One Syllable You Quote From Ellen G. White Writings Will Benefit Your Defense; PeRiOd! Her Writings Are Too Inspire, But Carries No Security For Salvation! It Was Not Her Blood That Spilled For All Our Sins & It WIll Not Be Her Writings That Will Save Any One When Jesus Returns! The Holy Bible Points Too Jesus And Not Ellen G. White; PeRiOd!

Robert E. Wilson

Views: 1315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sarah, grace and peace.

Above are two posts from me, each bearing a "thus sayeth the Lord", unless of course you consider EG White a liar !!??

Simple.

Blessings.

You are welcome to insinuate whatever you choose...The only "thus saith the Lord" that is our sure foundation comes from scripture.  Simple.  

Moving on....

You posted from Scripture:

Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

THANK YOU for conformation of what I have stated.  With your own post you have contradicted yourself and affirmed what I have stated....BTW, I never stated that a person had to only believe in Jesus. Our knowing Him motivates us out of love to obedience to Him and service--which is clearly written in Holy Scripture.  In accuracy of thought and intent, here is what James 2:18-20 states regarding belief and what differentiates that of the enemy.

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?".  -James 2:18-20.

God bless you ....Based upon what you have presented, you only have a limited perspective of the Word of God, nor do you apparently understand what it means to first be a follower of Christ and then choose to become a Seventh-day Adventist Christian.   It has already been well-established that a person does not need to "follow" (as a few of you do) anyone other than Christ and the Word as doctrine.  That is one of the reasons that the Seventh-day Adventist Church has no official creed (you can look that up in our history).  

God has not given you any apostolic or ecclesiastical authority to determine that a person has to agree with you in order to be a Seventh-day Adventist Christian.  

Mark, I do not have anything against you nor are my comments given in a harsh way, either.  I respect your opinions and what you are convicted and led to do for you.  Everyone needs to be able to do the same thing, through prayer, Bible study, and conviction through the Holy Spirit.  Rightly so, I can say that you are not a Seventh-day Adventist or Christian because of your stance, but it is not my place nor position to speak that after 2-3 discourse in a forum.  Nor is it yours. =)  

There are many who wear Adventism with arrogance (whether they mean to or not) and misbelieve that their standard and example is what makes a person "Seventh-day Adventist" or "Christian"--which is false.  

God is purging out the Pharisee mindset that is destroying our Church....and has with the many off-shoots that now exist. It was the Pharisees that Jesus consistently rebuked because of a similar mindset (Matthew 23 and Luke 11).  Jesus said that if he was lifted up, HE will draw all men (women, boys, and girls) to Him.  These same people often talk "a good game" but bear little to no fruit for the Kingdom of God.  They simply postulate how much better than they are than others because of one thing or other.

You are right about one thing, we can no longer "sit back and hear some of the heretical nonsense I read on here without standing up and saying so, God is going to purge this church very soon, I pray you get on board before you are spewed out by your own words of unbelief".  I will be praying for you!

Blessings Mark....I respect your opinion based on your thoughts....and we disagree.

I actually read this ENTIRE thread with my mouth open, confused, and in awe!!!!!

Robert, I pray that all is well with you...and that the Holy Spirit has softened your anger and frustration.

The issue here is about US AS SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS believing in the "messenger of the Lord". We know that many people from the WORLD  will be saved without ever hearing Ellen White's name or never reading a single word from her writings. But the issue here on this forum (Adventist Online) is about ADVENTISTS.

The question should be: "Will a SDA who does not believe in the Spirit of Prophecy be saved?"

She gives us more light but we BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, Jh3:16, Keeping the sabbath was there even before she was revealed the sighs of the the times, Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 16, about the manna and IN HIS LAWS Exodus 20:8-11, If you read Daniel 7:25 we see who changed the sabbath,2Thes2:4, Revelation 13, Just read and understand, many other verses we see that the bible elaborates the Sabbath because without it there is no creation neither salvation 4 Jesus Himself rested at His death Luke 23:50-56, He is the Lord of the Sabbath Mark 2:27,28.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service