Adventist Online

..............not held in high esteem in some circles because some fanatics have used her as a whip to enforce their adgenda's. Should we discard her writtings on face value because of a bad experence or should we read her for ourselves and come to our own conclutions? Unfortunatly many Adventist have never read anything she ever wrote and have only heard of her occationaly from the pulpit. Many are short changing themselves. What do you think?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Test ALL things.

In with the Good. Out with the bad.

Short Changing. I think the Bible is comprehensive and covers it all. Otherwise ... everyone before the 1800s was shortchanged.
Why was the SOP given? To make our lives miserable or as blessing to add to our understanding? If the people had been reading the Bible like they should have many would have been Sabbath keepers, the state of the dead would not be in question, the second coming would have not been misunderstood etc. God in his mercy gave us this gift to enhance our lives and to give us a greater blessing.
but the bible need deep study and SOP you can find sometimes in the surface!chewed! easy!just engulf!
more:the SOP explain clear about changes and few are humble for agree ! and run away! you and SOP stay alone ! but together! lololol
blessings
antonio
Perilous times are before us. Everyone who has a knowledge of the truth should awake and place himself, body, soul, and spirit, under the discipline of God. The enemy is on our track. We must be wide awake, on our guard against him. We must put on the whole armor of God. We must follow the directions given through the spirit of prophecy. We must love and obey the truth for this time. This will save us from accepting strong delusions. God has spoken to us through His word. He has spoken to us through the testimonies to the church and through the books that have helped to make plain our present duty and the position that we should now occupy. The warnings that have been given, line upon line, precept upon precept, should be heeded. If we disregard them, what excuse can we offer? {CCh 326.6}
I beseech those who are laboring for God not to accept the spurious for the genuine. Let not human reason be placed where divine, sanctifying truth should be. Christ is waiting to kindle faith and love in the hearts of His people. Let not erroneous theories receive countenance from the people who ought to be standing firm on the platform of eternal truth. God calls upon us to hold firmly to the fundamental principles that are based upon unquestionable authority. 585 {CCh 326.7}
Dear MsMs,

The people before 1800's were not short-changed nor short-sighted as much as we are today! We need all the instructions we can get as you wrote because we are poor and wretched even more than the people before the entry of Christ in 1844. After all the years of instructions we have received from the SOP and others, we are still here. There is something definitely wrong with us as a people.

The prophet in her days spoke of 'not 1 in 20' and then later wrote 'not 1 in 100' have understood this message of the MHP and obtained the experience promised with it. I am wondering what the % would be today? Instead of discussing the value of the SOP and if we should use it in the pulpit, why not start reading it every day along with the Bible?

I do not know about anyone here, but I could not have figured out the National Sunday Law in the USA by reading Rev. 13 unless the Spirit would have told me personally and I know it is true for many other extraordinary information on health for example. Science at this time cannot even come close to statement and truth like this one for example: ''The brain nerves which connect with the whole system are the only medium through which heaven communicate with man and affect his inmost life.''

I have always considered the SOP very important to my personal instruction and Christian growth ever since it was introduced to me. As important as physic is to chemistry or mathematics and biochemistry to understand matter. Which one would you pick? All of these sciences right? They cannot be separated as the Spirit cannot be separated from the Bible and the SOP.

Thanks to the Heavenly Father for further revelation coming directly from His throne at this time because we need it.

With His love,

odette
Yes John. The 'misrepresenting' is disappointing. As is the character assassination towards those that don't see things exactly as the poster. It has been clearly articulated how Ellen White is respected. Yet the accusation remains that some are making her of non effect. This is not helpful. If only the attacks could be silenced.
"Faithful messenger of God"? You describe WHO as faithful? Are you referring to our prophet ... or J+W ?
I have always had the benefit of the Spirit of Prophecy...But, after being in AND of the world for a very long time, it was many things, such as music, where He spoke to my yearning heart, and most importantly, I feel, the Bible Itself just came alive for me..I saw great Truths in everything I read!!..I KNEW it was the Lord of my heart..

It is scary, if you go about it without Him, but with Him, there IS no fear of NOT hearing or knowing the Truth..He is always with those who claim His Name and hang on His Name..If we are in earnest, He will not leave us to the wolves..No matter how uneducated, the Bible is ALL the knowledge anyone needs..Even when they cannot quite follow Mrs. White, the Bible speaks very plainly about His undying love and His unflagging mercy and forgiveness..

Ellen White should be shared with those who want her, and for the rest, they need to be shown what she taught... By the ones who do read her..We should only ever use it for enhancement..Of the greater Bible Truths..It isnt good to flog people with her, but instead take what we have gleaned from her writings, about just what WOULD Jesus do?, and apply it to ourselves, instead of using it as a standard under which all must pass..Using it to judge by..

I still say we are not ever called to judge in the Bible, and where I have seen that judgement is used, it is with discernment, for the betterment of a brother or sister, as in " I have been there, and I AM there WITH YOU right now!! In Spirit, to HELP you overcome"...That is the only judgement I think we are called to make..The one that gives empathy and support...Like, when you get the plank out of your own eye, which is a hard and nasty business, THEN you want to assist others with the removal of the specks..Never to say, "Hey!!..Look at you with the speck in your eye..apparently you have never read the SOP.."

I just know, that she is wonderful in her love of the Bible, and her grasp of things had to have been from God...I just think we can hear things directly from God, without fear that it isnt God..Of course we must ALWAYS test, but when the test has been passed, then REJOICE that He has spoken to YOU!!!..

We are called to live our lives with the joy of our salvation showing!!...I think she probably did that..I dont think she was a dour individual, and I dont think we should be either..We should see our mission as "to share".. not "to make"..He makes, if we are fortunate enough to be used by Him in such a capacity, we can help prepare...
amen debby!amen!
Deborah. This was excellent. Well spoken. Such timely words of Truth. I so like the personal testimony and style in which you write. So, I will add another AMEN to the list. No doubt though ... some will not consider what you have stated to be enough support or our prophet and you will be accused of making her of non effect. Just a word to the wise. Be prepared.
LOL...I am quite sure no sensible person on the forum would want to accuse Deborah based on what she said in her post, but N Him is so so discerning that he can predict people's responses.

Its time for you to stop being divisive N Him.
Dear John,

What does it have to do with the sheep who have found the beautiful truth involved with the Bible and the SOP? Let us go and share all these treasures with them. Work in prison and see if they will not appreciate the beautiful health message or the Steps to Christ along with the Sanctuary. Or work with drug addicts and prostitutes or better still lawyers and government people. They all love to hear what we have to say and give them because all and all, it is His Word!

I have had the privilege to work with Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Catholics, Jews, no religion people. They do not need to hear Evangelism page 221, or Early Writing page 36, no more than you would tell them John 3:16 if you would want them to give their heart to Him just before they die after a bad ''trip.'' Just speak the Word as being yours and it is yours or mine! Thus saith the LORD.

The Bible and the Testimony of Jesus Christ are our gift for the last days and yes, the whole world need to hear the language of yesterday, today and forever.

''There are many languages in the world and none is without meaning.

Par Sa grace et son Amour,

With His love,

odette

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link: