Adventist Online

The statement as found in article 18 of the book “Seventh-day Adventists Believe” in in fact a blasphemy.

It states that “Her (Ellen White’s) writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction and correction”. According to the New Testament, especially the Gospel of John chapter 14 and 16, and an in context study of Revelation, Jesus Christ is God. He alone is the truth , the way and the light. Not any writings of any person. What Jesus said and did while on earth are for our guidance, instruction and correction. The Holy Spirit is promised to dwell within all the individual believers to be our comfort. Not just one person. The Holy Spirit is also God. So to say that a person’s writings are thus, actually places that person as an equal with God. Such a statement is blasphemy. By making such a belief a part of the fundamental beliefs of the denomination, it turn the organisation into a cult. By teaching something contrary to what Jesus said, the denomination can no longer claim to be Christian.

What do you think?

Views: 1916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think she was a prophet.  I think people have taken her compilation of letters to specific people out of context.  I think I have seen some bitter nasty people in my life that can quote you more White than scripture.  I also, think if we are afraid of prophets, we wouldn't know anything about Jesus, because they all foretold Him.

Being a source of truth does not equal being truth itself which, I fully agree with you, does refer to God alone. A source of truth can be anything from a book that leads to God to a personal witness for the Lord in the Spirit - who as you pointed out dwells in all believers making them sources of truth and shining lights for our Heavenly Father.

Also, note that the Spirit does not just comfort but also his promise includes to lead (or guide) us into all truth. So let me ask, how do you intend to deal with the truth that a person discovers and shares by the leading of the Spirit? What will you do, how will you react to it?

Sometimes little words can make a big difference. And seeing you know to use words I would suppose you know to understand words as well. So how can you miss the words "source of" in the "Fundamentals" quote you provided - or did you do so purposely?

This tired old troll has been plucking the same one-stringed guitar for years.

"Follow Jesus, not the writings of some person."  Yet the only way we know Jesus is through the writings of some person.

This essentially means he does not believe the Bible. This is the bottom line.

Notice something in the post below by Jose. All 4 times he refers to the church it is Adventism or Adventists but never the distinguishing Seventh day Adventists. Catholics and Baptists are technically Adventists. This is an attempt to sweep away the SDA church all together in favor of the an ecumentical union. The true Sabbath will not be a part of this group. The Seventh day Adventist church will finish with power and the SOP will be a part of the message. It will appear to fall but many will heed the Three Angel's Messages and come in and many of these  impostors will leave.

Kevin, do I really mean Catholics and Baptists when I say Adventists? I've never heard Catholic calling themselves Adventists. In fact, they call themselves Catholics! As Catholic is a shortened form of Roman Catholic, it would stand to reason that Adventist is short for Seventh-Day Adventist. Do we need to spell everything out when it should be obvious? Okay, so here it is, I mean Seventh-Day Adventists. Making something out of nothing.

Right you are brother George. It is time, because if Adventism is to survive into the Last Days, its going to have to call for an Adventist Reformation or Revolution and abandon such cult-like beliefs such as belief in Ellen White. More and more Adventists are waking up to this fact. It's not an old guitar string. It's the Adventist Reformation. And there is no way to uphold this relic any more since all the evidence has already been out there and totally demolished this idolatry. Now it's time to get it running on the ground. All the best to you Brother and keep pressing on. It's time to help save as many as we can.

Gabriel you don't need to tell him this i think he knows very well 

You're right, I should clarify. Firstly, I should say that what I say isn't against Adventist believers. This is against a system, that actually wasn't even the early version of the Millerites or even what happened after the Great Disappointment, because many groups immerged. Rather, I'm speaking against the version that formed later after Ellen White's role came to prominence, elevating her interpretations above all others, so much so that any discovery made in contrary to her is now considered apostate or heretical, even if it may be Biblical and save people. The major problem is that her authority has been accepted without question, without testing. But she actually has defined her own discreditation by giving her own definition of what a false prophet is, and then giving statements that fail her own definition. Actually it was in reverse - she made statements about the time of Jesus that didn't come true and then indicted those who did so as false prophets. Observe the following:

Premise 1: Ellen White's own definition of a false prophet is one who predicts a specific date for the coming of Jesus and it fails to come to pass.

"We are not of the class who define the exact period of time that shall elapse before the coming of Jesus the second time with power and great glory. Some have set a time, and when that has passed, their presumptuous spirit have not accepted rebuke, but they have set another and another time. But many successive failures have stamped them as false prophets." Ellen White, FE 335(1895).

Premise 2: Ellen White predicted the coming of Jesus in 1850 and 1856 and it failed to come to pass.

“My accompanying angel said, ‘Time is almost finished. Get ready, get ready, get ready.’ now the time is almost finished... and what we have been years hearing, they will have to learn in a few months. (Early writings p 64-67)

“I was shown the company present at the Conference. Said the angel: “Some food for worms, [Sister Clarissa M. Bonfoey, who fell asleep in Jesus only three days after this vision was given, was present in usual health, and was deeply impressed that she was one who would go into the grave, and stated her convictions to others.] some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus.” (Spiritual Gifts 1, pp.131-132)

Conclusion: Therefore, Ellen White, by her own definition, is a false prophet.

That is the problem that faces us. And its time to wake up and realise it, call for a reformation, be done with this superstition and idolatry, and proclaim the True Gospel of Jesus Christ of Salvation by Faith alone.

Not really. It's about her not fulfilling the criteria that she laid down for a false prophet. She laid down a test for others, not me. She said that those who predicted the time of Jesus' second coming, which then didn't come to pass were false prophets. That's what she said, not me.

Then, without even realising it, she failed her own test but actually doing the same years earlier. I didn't do it - she did. With hindsight, she should've thought about that before making that statement.

And so I believe with the blatant evidence in front of us, God will hold us guilty for continuing to believe a lie, and continuing to propagate such a lie. For the open-minded or those without emotional attachment it is simple - abandon a false belief. For those who have invested a lot in her, (which is most of us, including me once), I know it becomes an extremely emotional challenge. I know it will be hard. For me it was difficult many years ago in my teens when I first stumbled upon it. I ignored it because I couldn't deal with it. Only many years later, when my mind was opened, more mature and had a sharper mind, did I find it easier to let go. So I can empathise. I'm not condescending. I know how it feels. But it is something we must do. We have to if we want to maintain our intergrity and loyalty to God. There is no way to maintain a belief in God and a belief in Ellen White. There just isn't.

So the time has come that this must be done. If it doesn't get done, the testing storm which is close upon us (really close - I've got a new paradigm that will shake you to your core and show that the time of persecution has already begun, but I can only share once the old wineskin is removed) will reveal the truth and sweep away all the dross. The real solid foundation we all need is Salvation by Faith in the Absolute Atonement of Jesus Christ on the Cross. Only this can save us. Nothing else matters if one doesn't have this. If you have Jesus, you have everything. If there is a chance that Ellen White is wrong but you're not sure, the safest bet is to cling to Jesus and Jesus alone, through Jesus' own words.

"Yes, indeed! I tell you that whoever hears what I am saying and trusts the One who sent me has [present tense] eternal life -- that is, he will not come up for judgment but has already crossed over from death to life!"

John 5.24

So they said to him, "What should we do in order to perform the works of God?" Yeshua answered, "Here's what the work of God is: to trust in the one he sent!"

John 6.28-29

If the choice was between Jesus and Jesus through Ellen White, but the latter had a chance of being false but the former didn't, which is the safest one to choose? If she proves right, hey, bonus! But if she proves wrong you lose everything, including your eternal salvation. Is that seriously something that you are willing to wager?

Wow Max are you for real

So the writings of all the prophets from Moses to John in the bible are not authoritative?

Why not just come right out and say it, Gabriel ? You do not believe that EGW was a prophet and that her messages carry authority. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service