Adventist Online

The statement as found in article 18 of the book “Seventh-day Adventists Believe” in in fact a blasphemy.

It states that “Her (Ellen White’s) writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction and correction”. According to the New Testament, especially the Gospel of John chapter 14 and 16, and an in context study of Revelation, Jesus Christ is God. He alone is the truth , the way and the light. Not any writings of any person. What Jesus said and did while on earth are for our guidance, instruction and correction. The Holy Spirit is promised to dwell within all the individual believers to be our comfort. Not just one person. The Holy Spirit is also God. So to say that a person’s writings are thus, actually places that person as an equal with God. Such a statement is blasphemy. By making such a belief a part of the fundamental beliefs of the denomination, it turn the organisation into a cult. By teaching something contrary to what Jesus said, the denomination can no longer claim to be Christian.

What do you think?

Views: 1916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Aquila. Is your immediate in your home family made up of six different races like mine ?  You are becoming proficient at cheap shots,Aquila by implying that I might be a raciest and that's what you implied Why would you say someone was a racist from the comments I have posted ?  

You are saying that there are no racial distinctions ? 

You have virtually denied all three options in terms of any amalgamation existing after the flood.

And... why would it not be seen when the image of God was defaced when the faithful married and were corrupted by the unfaithful ?

Ok then wise one, what crossing of man with beast existed after the flood and what happened to them ? If that is not what you meant then please explain what amalgamation took place or existed after the flood . You seem to be saying none of it existed after the flood. 

Let's here your explanation.

the race of evil men and women; the descendants of Cain  

Cain is pre-flood.  And for post-flood Noah was a sinner as is all of his descendants.  If one of my ancestors was an idolater I can correct that by accepting Christ.

yes i meant descendants of  'Cain'  not Cain, in other words the devil or Satan. 

He made Cain kill Abel because he thought Abel was that 'seed' 

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.John 8:44 

The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one,

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Matthew 12:34

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

by the way did you read the article ? 

I did read the article, I think the writer is being disingenuous in trying to make the article say what he wants it to say rather than accepting it for what it is.

So some existing races are decedents of 'Cain' (the devil) and some existing races are not?  We al have the chance to be a good seed or weeds, its not dependent on our ancestors.

really, have you read everything Ellen White wrote ?  The writer is spot on, he did not change or try to make the article say things not meant by Ellen White.

here are a few instances of 'defaced image of God'

They must watch for souls, laboring earnestly for those in whom the image of God has been defaced, seeking to reform, to elevate, and to ennoble them.16 {AH 464.1}

By his subtility and untiring efforts he had controlled the appetite and excited and strengthened the passions to so fearful a degree that he had defaced and almost obliterated the image of God in man. His physical and moral dignity were in so great a degree destroyed that he bore but a faint resemblance in character and noble perfection of form to the dignified Adam in Eden. {Con 34.2}

Therefore he tempts men to the use of wine and strong drink, by which the understanding is darkened, the senses confused, and the image of God defaced

Their useless, idle life made them a prey to Satan’s temptations, and they defaced the image of God, and became satanic rather than divine. Idleness is the greatest curse that can fall upon man, for vice and crime follow in its train. It enfeebles the mind, perverts the understanding, and debases the soul. 

You have not fought with this wicked spirit and conquered it. When your way has been crossed you have felt the provocation sufficiently to forget your manhood and that you were created in the image of God and after His likeness. You have sadly defaced and marred that image. You have not had self-control nor power over your will. 

I have not read everything she ever wrote.  And it is possible to deface God of course.  It just has nothing to do with race. 

not black or white; Of course not. I agree with you, it has nothing to do with race. Our critics are saying she was racist when she was not. 

are you serious ? Noah was a sinner ? 

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

Yes, I'm serious, at some time in his life Noah sinned, maybe not as much as you and I do, but God's standard is perfection.  For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God - Romans 3:23.

I am glad you are speaking in past tense 

Yes, and we are also told in the Bible that there is neither male nor female. so are you also saying that physically they are the same?

Aquila, you have not answered my question or explained what any post flood remnants of amalgamation might be. You seem to be shooting down every possibility. What is your interpretation then of what existed after the flood?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service