Adventist Online

The statement as found in article 18 of the book “Seventh-day Adventists Believe” in in fact a blasphemy.

It states that “Her (Ellen White’s) writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction and correction”. According to the New Testament, especially the Gospel of John chapter 14 and 16, and an in context study of Revelation, Jesus Christ is God. He alone is the truth , the way and the light. Not any writings of any person. What Jesus said and did while on earth are for our guidance, instruction and correction. The Holy Spirit is promised to dwell within all the individual believers to be our comfort. Not just one person. The Holy Spirit is also God. So to say that a person’s writings are thus, actually places that person as an equal with God. Such a statement is blasphemy. By making such a belief a part of the fundamental beliefs of the denomination, it turn the organisation into a cult. By teaching something contrary to what Jesus said, the denomination can no longer claim to be Christian.

What do you think?

Views: 1908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I didn't want to dwell on the mistakes, but when people propose treating her as infallible then its important to delineate the statements that obviously aren't Ex Cathedra.  Here are the amalgamation of man and beast statements.

But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere. God purposed to destroy by a flood that powerful, long-lived race that had corrupted their ways before him.--Spiritual Gifts, vol. 3, p. 64.

Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the Flood. Since the Flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men.--Page 75.

Jill there is no error or mistake there. 

Or, you are not understanding her writings. 

Is your understanding infallible or could it be you that is making the mistake.

With the amalgamation of man and beast, with either interpretation you cannot prove her writing wrong.

Regarding the other statement, some prophetic statements with prophets were conditional. Jesus could have came in her day had the church listened to God. Jonah did not err when he said God was going to destroy Nineveh. People also say that there are contradictions in the Scriptures. This is because with our faulty reasoning we sometimes do not understand.

There is only one interpretation concerning the amalgamation.  Your interpretation is faulty and make us look stupid.

I agree with your last statement; that's how we Adventists understand the food for worms statement; Ellen White said the same thing many years after this statement when she was question. 'If'....

Makes you look stupid you mean.

Jason, do you not think man had/has the capability to amalgamate man and beast? If not why not ?

It is happening today.  Do you think man today is more intelligent than he was at least 2000 years closer to Adam ?

Kevin,  what existing races are examples of the amalgamation of man and beast?

Kevin stop being silly and keep this to yourself; don't make us look stupid 

I'm perfectly fine with saying we don't understand these issues; that goes to my point of not creating doctrine based on White's writings when she ventures into areas not covered in the Bible.

That's fair.  I certainly accept that we don't understand her writings and they may be conditional, so let's not compound the problem by treating them as Ex Cathedra.

A prophet is a prophet. When we do not realize that the prophetic gift is holy ground we lift our ideas above that which the Lord sends us.

We do understand; I will post an article on the amalgamation 

Jill said  "Kevin,  what existing races are examples of the amalgamation of man and beast?"

How are you defining amalgamation of man and beast? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service