Adventist Online

The statement as found in article 18 of the book “Seventh-day Adventists Believe” in in fact a blasphemy.

It states that “Her (Ellen White’s) writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction and correction”. According to the New Testament, especially the Gospel of John chapter 14 and 16, and an in context study of Revelation, Jesus Christ is God. He alone is the truth , the way and the light. Not any writings of any person. What Jesus said and did while on earth are for our guidance, instruction and correction. The Holy Spirit is promised to dwell within all the individual believers to be our comfort. Not just one person. The Holy Spirit is also God. So to say that a person’s writings are thus, actually places that person as an equal with God. Such a statement is blasphemy. By making such a belief a part of the fundamental beliefs of the denomination, it turn the organisation into a cult. By teaching something contrary to what Jesus said, the denomination can no longer claim to be Christian.

What do you think?

Views: 1908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

EGW from my studies points me and others to Jesus who alone is the truth...........

She is definitely a prophet from the evidence that is available ..............

Satan works on us to take us away from believing that our church is the Remnant Church ... be weary of those that lead us away from Christ and His Church

Jesus Christ is God. He alone is the truth , the way and the light.

If anybody leads you into the truth about Christ, does that make the person God? EGW is misunderstood by many. She never called on anybody to worship her unlike many of the leaders of the so-called mainstream churches that like to call others cults. The writings of EGW all focus attention on Christ and not herself.

Satan has led people into the SDA church and then led them out again so they can say "we were one of you and and now we know the truth." They have a studied knowledge of the truth but have rejected it. These people are the most effective agents of satan against God's true people. 

It is interesting how so often we hear " they take her writings out of context." When we reply "then please explain what you think the context is" we are met with silence. The context is so clear that the best they can do is say " you took her out of context." This is a knee jerk way to try to dodge the Testimony of Jesus. They get angry so then they say they have been beaten with the writings. This is because their cherished sins are their idol. To claim any real authority in the Testimony of Jesus/writings of EGW is met with " you worship her." 

Others attack this gift by claiming that her writings were altered by man.

Compilations are slapped at because when many quotes on the same subject are supplied it makes very clear the message and it cuts rebellious hearts very deep. They are offended.

Still others take that which is clearly continuing and claim that it is obsolete. If you correct that they take something that is indeed clearly obsolete and claim that if you do not follow that counsel you are inconsistent.

One thing all of these attacks on the Testimony of Jesus have in common. They all attempt under one pretext or another to make the Testimony of Jesus Christ on none effect.

The work of these agents of satan have  a job that is never satisfying because it is hopeless to attack the Testimony of Jesus regarding any true follower of Jesus.  Since they essentially have nothing else going for them they lurk on SDA sites and like a seething venomous  snake in the grass they strike at every opportunity. 

They are altered by men, and made a mockery of.  Men constantly want to put their own personal spin on it, as you yourself have.  So, tell me about the bicycle again?  It is literal?  Or does it mean don't waste your money of expensive luxury items such Escalade SUV's, BMW's, Infinity sports sedans, etc.  How many do you see in your church parking lot?  I see them.  How about this prohibition against simple wedding band?  Yet, how many of your wealthy in your church do you see wearing Rolexes that cost as much as a new SUV?  I do.  What about the health message regarding the consumption of flesh, but let's not mention backing soda, leaven, sugar, eggs, and flour mixed in a ton of confections at every pot luck.  Then let's talk about useless diversions such as chess.  But, how many members do you see with smart phones with little game apps?

How many people do you see with family portraits in their homes?  What is the difference between the snapshot at Walmart and the painted monstrosities you can find in your wealthier members homes?

The point is, it is always the letter and never the spirit.

Mark 9:4-12, "

Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

10 When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11 He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that,

“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
    and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!"

Daniel;

Some things are relative and some are not and there is an obvious difference for those who wish to know and follow truth. 

I agree about the high $$ vehicles.

If Mrs. White said she was shown that God was trying to lead his people away from bicycles as we approach the end, that they would become increasingly unsafe and that no one should own one, then that counsel would apply to today.

Owning a well built and modestly priced bicycle cannot be responsibly compared to day with such things as a diet of flesh by an SDA in a first world country.

But, the point is, Kevin, she spoke out vehemently against the bicycle.  Do you take that counsel literally or do you find the spirit behind it?

Literally if it literally applies. Again, if she would have said it applies to today and for reasons that apply to today then I would take that literally. She did not do that with the bicycle while she did do that in many other areas.

Some things change for the better like the price of a bicycle. If not then the counsel applies  because the only purpose was price. Some things would change for the worse like flesh and dairy. This was not "maybe" but "I was shown."

If we are seeking to understand then we will understand. If we are not then we will keep adding a "but" to the end of the counsels and warnings. Like" what about bicycles and what about Jesus eating fish?"

Volume 8, P-351-352 gives counsel against bicycles.  It is a shame about yours, considering you cannot grasp the meaning behind the counsel.  Further, Yashua did not sin, as you are insinuating when he fed people fish and even consumed it in his risen and glorified body.

Daniel some believe that sin is relative: 'sin for you but not sin for me', such stupidity!  

Jason, expound on that. How is it that "some" are saying its ok for me to do that and not you?

Examples please. Do not lurk in the shadows. You boys just keeping eating your flesh and confusing the issues.

Lol Aquila where Kevin left off you have continued. How many times have I said that this text does not prove there is sin in eating clean foods. Doing good is not about eating and drinking and sin is never relative. 

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, Romans 14:17

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.Luke 12:48

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service