Adventist Online

Ezekiel Chapter 9 -The Work of Judgment(Ref.KJV bible w/ EGW Comments)

9:1    He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man [with] his destroying weapon in his hand. 
 9:2    And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them [was] clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brazen altar. 
 9:3    And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which [had] the writer's inkhorn by his side; 
 9:4    And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. 
 9:5    And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 
 9:6    Slay utterly old [and] young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom [is] the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which [were] before the house. 
 9:7    And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city. 
 9:8    And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem? 
 9:9    Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah [is] exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not. 
 9:10    And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, [but] I will recompense their way upon their head. 
 9:11    And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which [had] the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me. 

Angels can Read God's Mark

I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. Revelation 7:2, 3.

Everything in the world is in an unsettled state. The nations are angry, and great preparations for war are being made. Nation is plotting against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. The great day of God is hasting greatly. But although the nations are mustering their forces for war and bloodshed, the command to the angels is still in force, that they hold the four winds until the servants of God are sealed in their foreheads.  {Mar 243.1} 
     As yet the four winds are held until the servants of God shall be sealed in their foreheads. Then the powers of earth will marshal their forces for the last great battle. How carefully we should improve the little remaining period of our probation!  {Mar 243.2} 
     Minds that have been given up to loose thought need to change. . . . The thoughts must be centered upon God. Now is the time to put forth earnest effort to overcome the natural tendencies of the carnal heart.  {Mar 243.3} 
     Just before we entered it [the time of trouble], we all received the seal of the living God. Then I saw the four angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword, nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion.  {Mar 243.4} 
     What is the seal of the living God, which is placed in the foreheads of His people? It is a mark which angels, but not human eyes, can read; for the destroying angel must see this mark of redemption. The intelligent mind has seen the sign of the cross of Calvary in the Lord's adopted sons and daughters. The sin of the transgression of the law of God is taken away. They have on the wedding garment, and are obedient and faithful to all God's commands.  {Mar 243.5} 
     The Lord will not excuse those who know the truth if they do not in word and deed obey His commands.  {Mar 243.6}

A Sign that Distinguishes God's People

Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them. Ezekiel 20:12.

As the Sabbath was the sign that distinguished Israel when they came out of Egypt to enter the earthly Canaan, so it is the sign that now distinguishes God's people as they come out from the world to enter the heavenly rest.  {Mar 244.1} 
     The observance of the Sabbath is the means ordained by God of preserving a knowledge of Himself and of distinguishing between His loyal subjects and the transgressors of His law.  {Mar 244.2}

When God was about to smite the first-born of Egypt, He commanded the Israelites to gather their children from among the Egyptians into their own dwellings and strike their door posts with blood, that the destroying angel might see it and pass over their homes. It was the work of parents to gather in their children. This is your work, this is my work, and the work of every mother who believes the truth. The angel is to place a mark upon the forehead of all who are separated from sin and sinners, and the destroying angel will follow, to slay utterly both old and young.  {5T 505.2}

Israelites were Sabbath keepers-(majority were backsliders though during their sojourn in Egypt). But  when God was about to smite the first born in Egypt, prior their escape to Wilderness, they were instructed to gather their children from among the Egyptians into their own dwellings and strike their door posts with blood, that the destroying angel might see it and pass over their homes. So, they needed another sign/seal/mark in their door post with blood for the destroying angel to identify and pass over their homes.

Thus today we need another mark/seal beside the Sabbath during the work of judgment /closing work for His Church (and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.Ezekiel 9:4)

I AM ASKING THE READERS HERE THEIR OPINIONS. IS EZEKIEL 9 PART OF HISTORY OR STILL TO BE FULFILLED?

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your opinion. :)
Study the 9th chapter of Ezekiel. These words will be literally fulfilled; yet the time is passing, and the people are asleep. They refuse to humble their souls and to be converted. Not a great while longer will the Lord bear with the people who have such great and important truths revealed to them, but who refuse to bring these truths into their individual experience. The time is short. God is calling; will you hear? Will you receive His message? Will you be converted before it is too late? Soon, very soon, every case will be decided for eternity.
The Lord reads the heart as an open book. The men who are not connected with God have done many things after the imagination of their own evil hearts. The Lord declares concerning them, "They have turned unto Me their back, and not the face, though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them; yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction." We are amid the perils of the last days, the time will soon come when the prophecy of Ezekiel 9 will be fulfilled; that prophecy should be carefully studied, for it will be fulfilled to the very letter. Study also the tenth chapter which represents the hand of God as at work to bring perfect method and harmonious working into all the operations of his prepared instrumentalities. The eleventh and twelfth chapters also should receive critical, thoughtful attention. Let these prophecies be studied on your knees before God; unless you take up the stumbling-blocks which by your own perverse spirit you have laid in the way of many who have been connected with you, God will turn His face utterly from you and your associates.  {1888 1303.1} 
     True religion is the imitation of Christ. Those
who follow Christ will deny self; take up the cross, and walk in his footsteps. Following Christ means obedience in all his commandments. No soldier can be said to follow his commander unless he obeys orders. Christ is our Model. To copy Jesus, full of love and tenderness and compassion, will require that we draw near to Him daily. O how God has been dishonored by his professed representatives! The first three chapters of Hebrews are presented to me as of great importance to enlighten the eyes and to direct the life.  {1888 1303.2} 
     The Lord God of Israel demands an altogether deeper piety than has been manifested by those who have been placed in positions of sacred trust in the Review & Herald office and in the management of the great work in connection with the cause of God. If these men are not under the special influence of the Spirit of God, if they do not recognize his voice, they will work after their own imagination, and will set in operation plans that will be entirely contrary to the mind and Spirit of God, and that will counteract the work of God.  {1888 1304.1}
3:7    Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 
 3:8    Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 
 3:9    When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. 
 3:10    Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways. 
 3:11    So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 
 3:12    Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 
 3:13    But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 
 3:14    For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 
 3:15    While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. 
 3:16    For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. 
 3:17    But with whom was he grieved forty years? [was it] not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 
 3:18    And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 
 3:19    So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. 

It is still to be fulfilled. Ellen White says this is a future prophecy.

But it WILL NOT be fulfilled the way the Shepherd's Rod Group believes it will be fulfilled.

It WILL NOT be a physical slaughter & judgment against the SDA Church.

The best statement by Ellen White concerning Ezekiel 9 can be found in "Testimonies To Ministers" page 445. This statement makes the issue VERY CLEAR on what this judgement actually is.

SOP says,

"This sealing of the servants of God is the same that was shown to Ezekiel in vision. John also had been a witness of this most startling revelation." {TM 445}

...This statement is short, sweet, and to the point. What Ezekiel saw was an end-time prophecy of the sealing. John saw the same thing. John reported the angels holding the winds of strife in check until God's servants are sealed. Ezekiel reports the process of the sealing and how it operates. They are one and the same.  Ezekiel 9 is a picture of the sealing of Gods people.

Nothing More.

Nothing Less.

Its Not Difficult

"Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little"

"Study to shew thyself approved"

The answer to your question is YES.  It was fulfilled in history when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Jerusalem.  The first time he took many of the nobility to Babylon to be trained in Babylonian ways with the intent to send them back to Judah to rule it.  He also deposed King Jehoiachin and replaced him with Zedekiah.  In the mean time God instructed the people of Judah through Jeremiah to submit to their wooden yoke captivity to Babylon and God's servant, Nebuchadnezzar (Jeremiah 27:6), pay their taxes, and accept God's judgment upon them.  If they refused to accept this judgment God would force an iron yoke captivity on them (Jeremiah 28).  Previous to this God had already told Jeremiah not to pray for these people because the Judgment against them had already been determined (Jeremiah 7:16, 11:14, 14:11.)  Jeremiah's ministry was about determining the level of punishment they would face, the wooden yoke or the iron yoke.

In Jeremiah 34 the specific Sabbath test was given.  The yoke of Iron had already been determined (Jeremiah 28) but God was willing to relent if they were willing to keep a Sabbath year that year.  This was the year before the second capture of Jerusalem (589 BC).  Up to this point Israel had never kept a Sabbath year since their crossing of the Jordan River.  According to the Jubilee cycle that was supposed to start upon the crossing of the Jordan this was the 5th Sabbath year of the 16th Jubilee Cycle.  God told them that if they would keep this Sabbath year he would relent and not send the nation into an iron yoke captivity (exile).  At first they released the captives as required in the Sabbath years, but then they "repented" of this and forced them back into bondage.  God then sent Nebuchadnezzar to lay siege against Jerusalem.  Because of their continued rebellion against God, and specifically their refusal to observe ALL his Sabbaths,  most of the people died as God had spoken through Jeremiah many times, either by sword, famine or plague.  

We see this prophecy fulfilled in history again with the destruction of Jerusalem and Judah from 70 to 73 AD.  Jerusalem was destroyed at Passover in 70 AD and the war ended with the mass suicide and capture of Masada at Passover in 73 AD.  This judgment was determined by Jesus himself as he judged the nation during his ministry 40 years before.  God gave them a 40 year grace period in which to repent.  Here the specific Sabbath issue was laid out by Jesus himself when he announced the theme of his ministry by reading in the Synagogue from Isaiah 61.  

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, 
   because he has anointed me 
   to proclaim good news to the poor. 
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners 
   and recovery of sight for the blind, 
to set the oppressed free, 
   19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

The year of the Lord's favor is a direct reference to the year of Jubilee, the highest level of Sabbath to be seen in the scriptures.  If you have any doubt of this compare the text of Isaiah 61 with Isaiah 58 and the Jubilee law found in Leviticus 25.  It is all about the forgiveness of the debts of the people so they can be set free.  This is also what the Sabbath years are about, although the forgiveness in those years is temporary where the year of Jubilee brought permanent forgiveness of any debt that was not previously paid off.  Jesus declared his ministry to be about Jubilee... the redemption of sinners and the canceling of their debts so they could be released from their captivity.  Jesus judged the nation during his ministry and that judgment started with the priests and the teachers of the law, most of whom were judged as unfit for a place in the Kingdom of Heaven.

The prophecy is fulfilled in the future when God judges the whole world before returning to set up his kingdom on earth.  The judgment starts with those who claim to be his servants worshiping in his temple.  The New Covenant temple is the church.  The judgment begins and ends in the church and then moves out into the rest of the world returning to the church to finish there.  Many who claim to be worshiping him there will be judged as unfit for a place in the Kingdom of Heaven.  These will be killed with the sword coming out of Jesus mouth at his return (Revelation 19:15, 21).  The sword of the spirit is the word of God, so the sword coming out of Jesus mouth (his words) is the sword of the spirit.  This sword kills the flesh (causes repentance?) of any who must face the judgment of that sword.

Then why is it that the pen of inspiration said to READ and STUDY because these prophecies will soon be fulfilled?

The true people of God, who have the spirit of the work of the Lord and the salvation of souls at heart, will ever view sin in its real, sinful character. They will always be on the side of faithful and plain dealing with sins which easily beset the people of God. Especially in the closing work for the church, in the sealing time of the one hundred and forty-four thousand who are to stand without fault before the throne of God, will they feel most deeply the wrongs of God's professed people. This is forcibly set forth by the prophet's illustration of the last work under the figure of the men each having a slaughter weapon in his hand. One man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side. "And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof."
 {3T 266.2} 
     Who are standing in the counsel of God at this time? Is it those who virtually excuse wrongs among the professed people of God and who murmur in their hearts, if not openly, against those who would reprove sin? Is it those who take their stand against them and sympathize with those who commit wrong? No, indeed! Unless they repent, and leave the work of Satan in oppressing those who have the burden of the work and in holding up the hands of sinners in Zion, they will never receive the mark of God's sealing approval. They will fall in the general destruction of the wicked, represented by the work of the five men bearing slaughter weapons. Mark this point with care: Those who receive the pure mark of truth, wrought in them by the power of the Holy Ghost, represented by a mark by the man in linen, are those "that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done" in the church. Their love for purity and the honor and glory of God is such, and they have so clear a view of the exceeding sinfulness of sin, that they are represented as being in agony, even sighing and crying. Read the ninth chapter of Ezekiel.  {3T 267.1}

"The Lord reads the heart as an open book. The men who are not connected with God have done many things after the imagination of their own evil hearts. The Lord declares concerning them, "They have turned unto Me their back, and not the face, though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them; yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction." We are amid the perils of the last days, the time will soon come when the prophecy of Ezekiel 9 will be fulfilled; that prophecy should be carefully studied, for it will be fulfilled to the very letter. Study also the tenth chapter which represents the hand of God as at work to bring perfect method and harmonious working into all the operations of his prepared instrumentalities. The eleventh and twelfth chapters also should receive critical, thoughtful attention. Let these prophecies be studied on your knees before God; unless you take up the stumbling-blocks which by your own perverse spirit you have laid in the way of many who have been connected with you, God will turn His face utterly from you and your associates." E. G White Letter 31A, 1894.

Is this thread put up once again as a part of the Seventh Day Adventist Policing System?

When will this end?

It will soon be fulfilled.

Ezekiel is an end-time prophecy for the church.

Ezekiel was told to prophesy to the "House of Israel", the church.

We are Modern Israel. This prophecy now applies to us as Gods people, Spiritual Israel.

*Ezekiel 2:1-7,

"And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.

For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God.

And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.

And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious."

As proven to be, this is still to be fulfilled in the FUTURE. 

No this is not about a policing system.....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service