Adventist Online

I have dealt with hard issues many children should never have to endure. I have been the victim of many ungodly acts. Because of this I have developed an insecurity factor. I have chronic issues with paranoia about people judging me. It has kept me from enjoying simple things like social gatherings and meeting new people. I often act awkwardly shy and say very little.

I have since learned that what other people think means nothing. God is the only being whos opinion matters and counts. So no matter what I may have done, been through, or am about to go through, I know I can get through it with God.

I am about to embark on one of these judgements soon. I am going to be facing people, loved ones, who I disappointed and let down. I never would have been able to do it without the love of Jesus I now have.

I just wanted to share this for anyone who may feel like this.

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You were" the victim of many ungodly acts." there are passages in the bible:
For I was an hungered, and you gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we you an hungered, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to you? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me. Mathew 25
and
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6
and
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:7

and many more, for those who were responsible for causing you pain. You see, they have offended God also, at the same time they were offending you. There should be no doubt God will deal with this. God spared nothing to prove His love for you.
In return, which is probably very hard for you to do, since others have let you down so much, God asks that you
trust Him. When you completely trust Him, all that insecurity will leave. Together, God and you, you will LIVE.
Love and peace to you. :)
Praise God. May you stay close to Him.
Crissy, you said, "I have since learned that what other people think means nothing. God is the only being whos opinion matters and counts"

I hear you and I feel sorry for what other people may have done to you. But now that the Lord has found you, for if we have any inclination toward Him it is only because He impresses His Spirit upon our minds, you should not fall into the other ditch by thinking that God may not speak to you through human instrumentalities of His own choosing. It is true that it is God's opinion that matters and counts but He often speaks to us through the circumstances of life, like speaking His message to us through other people, and through nature, and through studying His Word and for us that includes studying the Testimonies of His Spirit through the writings of Mrs. White.

So as you put your trust in the merits of your precious Saviour, the Spirit will guide you and will give you enough discernment to know who is speaking for God or not. That is a wonderful gift from God to be able to discern the spirits. Don't you think? This is a gift that each and every one of us needs. It is one of the blessings that the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift that cannot be excelled, brings to us. The Holy Spirit brings all other blessings in its train as we trust wholly in the merits of Jesus for our acceptance with God. Thank God for His unspeakable gift! 2 Cor.9:15.

sky
Sometimes we have nobody to blame but ourselves. Right Gabriel? :)
oooookay! :)
Most people can only give judgment to others without ever thinking of a day when it turned to them.

I shall never feel how Sadly when people I loved to act not just to me. You rite friend, do not care what the word of other people, the most important is point that we can become a better person.

And it still cling to Jesus, for there is not any one person can judge another person. He always provides an opportunity that is not limited to humans can not do so. Hopefully we can appreciate His love.
What I do is that I don’t take it personal; because these people who are judging me don’t really know me. I am not what most people assume I am; just be looking at me. This person yesterday asked me indirectly if I eat dogs. I don't dwell on things people had said to me because it does not make me get better in anyway. I just let it go.
In some parts of Asia people eat things most Americans don’t normally eat. I am hesitating about eating dogs. For example, if a person lives in a country where everyone eats flies he or she might think it is not so bad to eat flies. People might say it is okay to eat flies and dogs, but it is best to check with God first.
Uuhh, that's scaryyy!! I'm Asian girl but i'm not agree if there is people eat dogs. Thought that something wrong with their head! Thanks God, i am Adventist.
Sorry, I meant hesitant.
----- wonder how this ended up being a discussion on wether asians eat dogs or not?? lol
Your right. But who are we to judge them for what they eat? As an american am I looked at as weird or abstract because most of america eats fatty foods and indulges in tremendous amounts of calories? Junk food, sugar, cheese, gravy, soda, and red meat is what the majority of the americans live on.

Its highly repulsive to me to think about what people are "feeding" on. Cats and dogs aside, The Bible has specific guidelines and EGW has taken the standards even further, as to what nourishes our bodies.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service