Adventist Online

I have dealt with hard issues many children should never have to endure. I have been the victim of many ungodly acts. Because of this I have developed an insecurity factor. I have chronic issues with paranoia about people judging me. It has kept me from enjoying simple things like social gatherings and meeting new people. I often act awkwardly shy and say very little.

I have since learned that what other people think means nothing. God is the only being whos opinion matters and counts. So no matter what I may have done, been through, or am about to go through, I know I can get through it with God.

I am about to embark on one of these judgements soon. I am going to be facing people, loved ones, who I disappointed and let down. I never would have been able to do it without the love of Jesus I now have.

I just wanted to share this for anyone who may feel like this.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right. We should not judge.
Chrissy, I never meant this to be a discussion about eating. I was just giving an example of how I deal with people.
I agree that we really can not judge other people.
In life we each have the option to do something good for ourselves.
I understand what you've experienced my friend... All of us are experiencing criticisms, gossips, back biting, false judgments and negative feed backs... I believe that when people think negatively, they are the ones who have negative problems... they cannot easily judge us according to what we are... because God only knows who we really are... there are only instances where in we do such things that others can observed... those unpleasant actions, words, thoughts and motives... that's the time we realize that we, personally, need to accept and face the facts that we have to change those bad habits and bury it forever...
Great Sue!! ^-^
"Facing Frenemy Fire" by Jim Hohnberger is a good book on this topic. A good read. By Pacific Press.

"When friends attack, thrive .... don't just survive!"
When you feel like you can't go on just remember that Jesus was also judged, talked about, hurt and humiliated. He loves you so much, and he understands what you have gone through. Crissy just walk with him every step of the way, when you encounter the people who have hurt you just keep your head high because you are loved. He who made this world and everything in it LOVES you and does not want you to hurt. When you feel pain just go to him, and give him your pain and you will see how great it feels!
Do Not Judge Each Other

Romans 14:1 states, “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”

Everyone’s faith differs from each other

Verses 2-3 state, , “For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”,
We must not judge the servants of God

Verse 4 says, “Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.”

If they also believe in God’s Righteousness…

“One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks” (Romans 14:5-6).

That is why Paul said, “To those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law” (1 Corinthians 9:20-21).

The righteous shall live for the Lord

Verses 7-9 state, “For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.”

We should not judge our fellow believers

It is written in verses 10-12, “But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.”

We must edify the others’ faith

Verses 13-14, “Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way. I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.”

Walk in love

Verses 15-18 says, “Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.”

Seek to edify others

Verses 19-21 says, “Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.”

Have faith in God’s Righteousness

Verse 22-23 states, “Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.”

So I say, we should not give judgement in our hands because all of us will be judged according to our deeds...God bless.",
Thank you for your research Ronie. This helps.
I am sure they will see the change in you. Keep trusting in Christ, you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you! Have a wonderful day in the Lord! :-)
I love your shairing, no matter how far we wander...... their is only one person that can bring us closer to home...........in that we don't have to be dismaid...

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service