Adventist Online

It's just such little courtesy is exhibited on this forum. There are many trollers who are permitted to run amuck (and I'm sure they will troll on this post), who actually demonstrate to the online world that Adventists aren't really clear thinking people, but are rather bigots, child-like in mentality, unable to engage intelligently, unsound in mind, logic and reason, and are just simply un-Christian. People like Lazarus, Jason M., Bart, and the like, seem to think that this is their realm and fortress, guardians of orthodoxy, and can only abuse, mindlessly misrepresent others, accuse others, name-call, attempt to attack and hurt others, and do all the things that Jesus clearly has never felt Himself needing to do. And yet they seem to be the main ones responding to all discussions, despite breaking the forum's rules, and their bigotry is simply tolerated. Is this the picture AdventistOnline wants to put out to the world? What happened to ever being a light to the world that Jesus Himself said we should be? What ever happened to proving all things (1 Th. 5.21) rather than being staunchly entrenched in Adventist tradition? Isn't that what Adventists originally rebuked other denominations for? What ever happened to love your neighbour as yourself? As time approaches its end, shouldn't a different picture of Adventists be put out there? Will this be the only legacy of Adventists presented to God and the world? 

Views: 2184

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If you read your Bible you would have more respect for Gods messenger. 

If you read the Bible texts I quoted you would have more respect for all human beings. Again, no quote, no evidence, no reasons. Just blind faith. Is that about right?

Your sarcasm becomes you 

PS do you looking for someone to kiss your boots, I will not. 

ZJOUtback,

You're too right about that. I would add to that 'unquestioning blindly-followed wrong belief counts more than behaviour.'

All the best

To all who have contributed to this discussion.

Thank you for doing so, and I think enough has been said to demonstrate the truth of what was originally stated at the outset. Fanatics have come out to do what they do, but I would especially like to commend all of those that stood up to them, such as Keith Mack, Pastor T, Herbert, ZJOutback, Julius, and others who I might have missed, who did their utmost to show true grit and character.

What the world sees of Adventism on this forum remains to be seen. But ultimately, as past and present chapters in Adventism have shown, there is an inherent resistance to change, resistance to unethical behaviour among the advocates of orthodoxy, and resistance to the addressing and examination of fundamental truths. Therefore it is extremely difficult to believe that Adventism will be relevant in the scope of God’s plan in these trying end times - there is too much catching up to do.

I will now close down this discussion since I do not want it to serve to be a platform for fanatics to continuing ranting on the same thing. The ultimate points were proven in the end, that there are many fanatics on this forum, that they go unchecked by the moderators, and ultimately that AdventistOnline (AO) advocates a policy of unethical behavior that dissuades many reasonable and kind people from joining. AO would do well to address its own issue of dealing with the pervasive insulting, abuse, arrogance, bigotry and unethical behavior that it advocates on this forum.

I end with words from the New Testament. If AO and the Orthodox Guardians it upholds wish to follow the life of Christ, I would encourage them to heed its guidance. If not, then I leave them to their own master/s. And commendations again to those who stood for the good name of Jesus.

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. (2 Peter 1.5-9)

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. (Titus 2.7-8)

Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1.13)

But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene...

They are upsetting the faith of some. (2 Tim. 2.16-18)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service