Adventist Online

Post scripture  and quotes from the SOP which you would like to share with others.

Views: 3525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If we would see the standard of virtue and godliness exalted, as Christians we have a work devolving upon us individually to control appetite, the indulgence of which counteracts the force of truth, and weakens moral power to resist and overcome temptation. As Christ’s followers, we should in eating and drinking act from principle. When we obey the injunction of the apostle, “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God,” thousands of dollars which are now sacrificed upon the altar of hurtful lust will flow into the Lord’s treasury, multiplying publications in different languages to be scattered like the leaves of autumn. Missions will be established in other nations, and then will the followers of Christ be indeed the light of the world. {Con 60.1}

The religion of Jesus softens whatever is hard and rough in the temper, and smooths whatever is rugged and sharp in the manners. It makes the words gentle and the demeanor winning. Let us learn from Christ how to combine a high sense of purity and integrity with sunniness of disposition. A kind, courteous Christian is the most powerful argument that can be produced in favor of Christianity. Kind words are as dew and gentle showers to the soul. The Scripture says of Christ, that grace was poured into His lips, that He might “know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary.” And the Lord bids us, “Let your speech be always with grace” “that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”—Gospel Workers, 121, 122.

"The religion of Jesus softens whatever is hard and rough in the temper, and smooths whatever is rugged and sharp in the manners. It makes the words gentle and the demeanor winning. Let us learn from Christ how to combine a high sense of purity and integrity with sunniness of disposition. A kind, courteous Christian is the most powerful argument that can be produced in favor of Christianity. Kind words are as dew and gentle showers to the soul."

OH REALLY? THAT'S WHY YOU AND ELIJAH FALSELY ACCUSED ME OF MENTAL ILLNESS WITHOUT ANY BASIS OR FOUNDATION OR AUTHORITY, NEITHER OF YOU LICENSED OR KNOWLEDGEABLE TO MAKE SUCH STATEMENTS!

HOW KIND, GENTILE, WHAT INTEGRITY? WHAT PURITY!

I apologized if we appeared to be unkind etc. but I work with mental patients all the time. And it's common knowledge that many persons who suffer with mental conditions are not institutionalized; there are many persons suffering from mental issues who live normal lives. Most of them are not even on medications  

The Bible calls it false accusations, which is also called lying, perjury, fabrication, gossip, bearing false witness and speaking evil, judging without justification and an evil report.

In my case, it was especially hurtful as I had to previously defend myself in court against my only brother, only sibling and his wife, attorneys, a wicked conservator who sided with my brother all falsely accusing me of paranoia and general mental illness without foundation.

They attempted to force involuntary psychiatric evaluation in a California ex parte welfare and institutions section 5150 action. I filled a 107-page document exposing the dangerous conservator who was constantly accusing me on a weekly basis and endangering my mother.

I had taken care of my father when he was sick, my mother did the day shift and I did the night shift for several years until his death without pay. My mother developed Alzheimers and I took care of her doing everything without pay. My brother and his wife never did one day of caregiving. They wanted to cheat me out of my inheritance, have me dead on the streets and after planning putting my mother in a home before it was necessary. 

Fortunately, the judge was fair and rightly denied the involuntary psychiatric evaluation. He told the conservator to concentrate on safety as the conservator demanded my mother go down dangerous stairs to the proposed garage activity center and changing time for administering medicines that cause dizziness and tiredness to daytime, when I gave her meds at night in bed to avoid falls. I had installed a double key deadbolt on the door going down stairs and an alarm/door opening announcement system for all doors of the house.

The conservator caused two falls that my mother suffered, but my efforts caused the wicked conservator to quit. These are just highlights of a terrible case that stretched over many years.

My brother and the professionals were after money, I just wanted my mother to stay in her home and die there if possible as my father had. My mother died a terrible death due to second conservators decisions in away from home by flesh eating bacteria.

This was a nightmare most difficult time. God rescued me from all this and I obtained my inheritance.

Before you accuse someone of mental illness etc, in the future you should think about what your doing.

I forgive you for this as well as Elijah, but I hope you and he can alter your attitude and address doctrines and not attack individuals, including myself.

My addressing issues is based on scriptures, history, experience and facts. My hope is the body of Chtist will walk closer with God by following the guidance of the holy spirit in agreement with scriptures.

Amen well said. We should not attack individuals but false doctrines and nasty attitudes. Anyways hope this experience did not turn  you into a negative person. 

Take care. I will keep on sharing the inspired quotes

Thanks for being reasonable and understanding. That is better than "locking horns."

Many are still tested as was Abraham. They do not hear the voice of God speaking directly from the heavens, but He calls them by the teachings of His word and the events of His providence. They may be required to abandon a career that promises wealth and honor, to leave congenial and profitable associations and separate from kindred, to enter upon what appears to be only a path of self-denial, hardship, and sacrifice. God has a work for them to do; but a life of ease and the influence of friends and kindred would hinder the development of the very traits essential for its accomplishment. He calls them away from human influences and aid, and leads them to feel the need of His help, and to depend upon Him alone, that He may reveal Himself to them. Who is ready at the call of Providence to renounce cherished plans and familiar associations? Who will accept new duties and enter untried fields, doing God’s work with firm and willing heart, for Christ’s sake counting his losses gain? He who will do this has the faith of Abraham, and will share with him that “far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,” with which “the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared.” 2 Corinthians 4:17Romans 8:18{PP 126.4}

The pains of duty and the pleasures of sin are the cords with which Satan binds men in his snares. Those who would rather die than perform a wrong act are the only ones who will be found faithful. - Testimonies for the Church 5:53. MYP 74.1

The only defense against evil is the indwelling of Christ in the heart through faith in His righteousness. Unless we become vitally connected with God, we can never resist the unhallowed effects of self - love, self - indulgence, and temptation to sin. We may leave off many bad habits, for the time we may part company with Satan; but without a vital connection with God, through the surrender of ourselves to Him moment by moment, we shall be overcome. Without a personal acquaintance with Christ, and a continual communion, we are at the mercy of the enemy, and shall do his bidding in the end. DA 324.1

Nothing is more treacherous than the deceitfulness of sin. It is the god of this world that deludes, and blinds, and leads to destruction. Satan does not enter with his array of temptations at once. He disguises these temptations with a semblance of good. He mingles with amusements and folly some little improvements, and deceived souls make it an excuse that great good is to be derived by engaging in them. This is only the deceptive part. It is Satan's hellish arts masked. Beguiled souls take one step, then are prepared for the next. It is so much more pleasant to follow the inclinations of their own hearts than to stand on the defensive, and resist the first insinuation of the wily foe, and thus shut out his in - comings. MYP 83.1

Christ's followers are sent to the world with the message of peace. Whoever, by the quiet, unconscious influence of a holy life, shall reveal the love of Christ; whoever, by word or deed, shall lead another to renounce sin and yield his heart to God, is a peacemaker.

And “blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” The spirit of peace is evidence of their connection with heaven. The sweet savor of Christ surrounds them. The fragrance of the life, the loveliness of the character, reveal to the world the fact that they are children of God. Men take knowledge of them that they have been with Jesus....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service