Adventist Online

Post scripture  and quotes from the SOP which you would like to share with others.

Views: 4940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice quotes Elijah,

so why did the Lord send manna to Namba  because a little 4 yr old girl believed in miracles, as her mum and many tribal villagers all fasted and prayed for food?

http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1506.htm

Read the story here:

Would wonders from Jesus lead many astray? into fantasism?  Like Simon Magnus, your pride would increase.

Mr 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

What's the difference between a miracle and claiming a Jesus Prayer Promise through Faith in those words, that His power in those words should come to pass?

Notice the context of the SOP, how do you know should the Lord answer your prayer, that you are humble and meek enough to receive His power in this way?

What is faith anyway, that causes these miracles? Is there any difference between a Jesus Promised Power Prayer, and a miracle or wonder from Jesus?

Are we restricting the way we are empowered by Jesus? afraid to reach a higher level of prayer in Christ? Should we not strive to surrender and become more powerful in Jesus? What does all these questions mean? Or do we bury our only talent in the earth, rather than seek to make Jesus increase more in us? What does the SOP say about the overall picture on this theme?

Shalom

Thanks for your reply Rob so many Questions I do not know where to start. But your question about the talents bought my mind to this quote, and it is one of my favorite quotes from EGW this is from the book "Christ's Object Lessons" Chapter 25 Talents I am sure you would have this book.

All men have been bought with this infinite price. By pouring the whole treasury of heaven into this world, by giving us in Christ all heaven, God has purchased the will, the affections, the mind, the soul, of every human being. Whether believers or unbelievers, all men are the Lord’s property. All are called to do service for Him, and for the manner in which they have met this claim, all will be required to render an account at the great judgment day. {COL 326.1}

The question of being deceived is also a worry Rev 13:13  And it does great wonders, so that it makes fire come down from the heaven onto the earth in the sight of men. 

What does this mean? The text brings to mind the story of Elijah and the two altars one for God and one for Ball. That time the fire came down on the Lord's altar, But as we can see from the text when this will take place it will be on the altar of Satan. 

Another deception will take place as well 2Co 11:13  For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14  Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?  

EGW expands on this:  As the crowning act in the great drama of deception, Satan himself will personate Christ. The church has long professed to look to the Saviour’s advent as the consummation of her hopes. Now the great deceiver will make it appear that Christ has come. In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. Revelation 1:13-15. The glory that surrounds him is unsurpassed by anything that mortal eyes have yet beheld. The shout of triumph rings out upon the air: “Christ has come! Christ has come!” The people prostrate themselves in adoration before him, while he lifts up his hands and pronounces a blessing upon them, as Christ blessed His disciples when He was upon the earth. His voice is soft and subdued, yet full of melody. In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed. He declares that those who persist in keeping holy the seventh day are blaspheming his name by refusing to listen to his angels sent to them with light and truth. This is the strong, almost overmastering delusion. Like the Samaritans who were deceived by Simon Magus, the multitudes, from the least to the greatest, give heed to these sorceries, saying: This is “the great power of God.” Acts 8:10{GC 624.2}

But the people of God will not be misled. The teachings of this false Christ are not in accordance with the Scriptures. His blessing is pronounced upon the worshipers of the beast and his image, the very class upon whom the Bible declares that God’s unmingled wrath shall be poured out. {GC 625.1}

Thanks, Rob, as far as I know, there are no cases of COV19 here as yet the closest one I have heard about was a worker in Kingaroy who was working for Woolworths supermarket only the Lord knows what the spread will be from that? 

With regards to paying your rates ahead, it may be a good thing we just do not know what will proceed from this pestilence, it may just be the cause for the declaration of the Sunday law. 

Shalom Brother

this guy you posted is talking nonsense, we should not be posting such especially on a thread for quotes and bible text. I would prefer in this last few posts be deleted. thank you- everything that has to do with vaccine and 5G. you can create a thread for this if you like 

Deleted as you requested Jason. This Adventist Online Forum has so few people these days, why does it matter so to you?

Where is everybody as we approach the end of time, its time to wake up and heed the coming of Jesus...

Get out of the cities....

SOP has been preaching this for 150 years

Dave Westbrook also

Revelation 18 also.

Shalom

Shalom.

Peace

break a little bread with the Lord.

God gives the talents, the powers of the mind; we form the character. It is formed by hard, stern battles with self... Let no one say, I cannot remedy my defects of character. If you come to this decision, you will certainly fail of obtaining everlasting life. The impossibility lies in your own will... The real difficulty arises from the corruption of an unsanctified heart, and an unwillingness to submit to the control of God. {COL 331}
Many whom God has qualified to do excellent work accomplish very little, because they attempt little. Thousands pass through life as if they had no definite object for which to live, no standard to reach. Such will obtain a reward proportionate to their works. Remember that you will never reach a higher standard than you yourself set... Press with determination in the right direction, and circumstances will be your helpers, not your hindrances. {COL 331,332}

Satan is . . . constantly pressing in the spurious--to lead away from the truth. The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" (Prov. 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony.-- Letter 12, 1890. 1SM 48

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. 1SM 48

Are you betraying your Lord because in His great mercy He has shown you just where you are standing spiritually? He knows every purpose of the heart. Nothing is hid from Him. It is not I whom you are betraying. It is not I against whom you are so embittered. It is the Lord, who has given me a message to bear to you.--Letter 66, 1897. 3SM 84

One thing is certain: Those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's Spirit. 3SM 84

It does not become anyone to drop a word of doubt here and there that shall work like poison in other minds, shaking their confidence in the messages which God has given, which have aided in laying the foundation of this work, and have attended it to the present day, in reproofs, warnings, corrections, and encouragements. To all who have stood in the way of the Testimonies, I would say, God has given a message to His people, and His voice will be heard, whether you hear or forbear. Your opposition has not injured me; but you must give an account to the God of heaven, who has sent these warnings and instructions to keep His people in the right way. You will have to answer to Him for your blindness, for being a stumbling block in the way of sinners. GCDB APR.13,1891 (1SM 43)

Some are acting the part of Aaron, to help on the work of apostasy. They have been weighed in the balances, and have been found wanting. Men are spoiling their record, and are proving that they are not to be trusted, but that they will betray the interests of the cause of God, making them the sport of sinners. The messages of heavenly origin that God has sent to his people, to prepare them to stand in the last days, they have sneered at and scorned. But the evidence we have had for the past fifty years of the presence of the Spirit of God with us as a people, will stand the test of those who are now arraying themselves on the side of the enemy and bracing themselves against the message of God. - Testimony to members of the B. C. Church, October 24, 1907. PC 139

By many the words which the Lord sent will be rejected, and the words that man may speak will be received as light and truth. Jesus says, "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." Human wisdom will lead away from self-denial, from consecration, and will devise many things that tend to make of no effect God's messages. We cannot with any safety rely upon men who are not in close connection with God. They will accept the opinions of men, but cannot discern the voice of the True Shepherd, and their influence will lead many astray, though evidence is piled upon evidence testifying to the verity of truth for these days. The truth is powerful to turn men to Christ, to quicken their energies, to subdue and soften their hearts, and inspire them with zeal, devotion, and love to God. The Sabbath truth must in no case be covered up. We must let it appear in strong contrast with error. RH DEC.13,1892

One thing is certain: those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's spirit. SPM 305

Nice SOP Jason, just what I need right now :)

SHalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by