Adventist Online

Post scripture  and quotes from the SOP which you would like to share with others.

Views: 4384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A union of believers with Christ will as a natural result lead to a union with one another, which bond of union is the most enduring upon earth. We are one in Christ, as Christ is one with the Father. Christians are branches, and only branches, in the living Vine. One branch is not to borrow its sustenance from another. Our life must come from the parent vine. It is only by personal union with Christ, by communion with Him daily, hourly, that we can bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit. {5T 47.3}

The Value Of A Soul

"What is the value of a soul?" I asked the Lord one day. "What is its
worth upon the earth? How much does one soul weigh?" Then He showed me a
set of scales, in perfect balance, there. And, as I watched, he filled
one side, with wealth beyond compare. 

There was silver, gold and jewels, so beautiful and rare. The different
treasures of the world, he quietly placed them there. My heart began to
tremble as I watched His nail scarred hands, For on the other side of
that great scale, I saw one single man. 

"Who is that man?" I asked Him, " that he should have such worth?" He
surely must be famous and the greatest man on earth. "Step closer, now,
and take a look," Jesus said to me. As I drew near, I recognized a man
I'd often seen. 

His clothes were old and ragged; in his hand he held a glass. He was our
city's poorest drunk, a man of lower class. "Lord, you don't know that
man," I said. "He's lived his life in vain. He'll bring disgrace into
the church and reproach upon your name." 

"I'd like to know him," Jesus said, "but he does not know me. But if
you'll help me reach him, then what a change you'll see. I'll take that
wretched, sinful life and cleanse it with my blood. And when he gives
his heart to me, I'll fill it with my love." 

"His soul cannot be purchased with the wealth you've seen today. But I
was sent to die for him; my blood has paid the way. He's my lost sheep,"
the Savior said, "And I love you both the same, But if you think he's
worthless, then I surely died in vain." 

"So when you look upon someone whose life is wrecked by sin, If you'll
just have compassion, then you'll share your brother's pain. You must
not look upon his past or what he seems to be. But look beyond his many
faults and know, I'll set him free." 

"Don't look at him as just a man and only see his shame, But see him as
a precious soul that I have died to save." "This earthly wealth," the
Savior said, "cannot draw men to me. But I paid a price upon the cross,
to set this whole world free.

Author Unknown

God has given man intellect and endowed him with capacities for improvement. Then let there be a strong taking hold upon God, a putting away of frivolity, amusement, and all uncleanness, and overcome all defects of character. Although there is a natural tendency to pursue a downward course, there is a power that will be brought to combine with man’s earnest effort. His will power will have a counteracting tendency. If he will combine with this divine help, he may resist the voice of the tempter. But Satan’s temptations harmonize with his defective, sinful tendencies and urge him to sin. All he has to do is to follow the leader Jesus Christ who will tell him just what to do. God beckons to you from His throne in heaven, presenting to you a crown of immortal glory, and bids you to fight the good fight of faith and run the race with patience. Trust in God every moment. He is faithful that leadeth forward. {Lt26d-1887.26}

As the third message swells to a loud cry and as great power and glory attend the closing work, the faithful people of God will partake of that glory. It is the latter rain which revives and strengthens them to pass through the time of trouble.—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 7:984 (1862). {LDE 201.1}

When the work of the investigative judgment closes, the destiny of all will have been decided for life or death. Probation is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven.... {LDE 230.2}

Is it not time that all should aim to dispense with flesh foods? How can those who are seeking to become pure, refined, and holy, that they may have the companionship of heavenly angels, continue to use as food anything that has so harmful an effect on soul and body? How can they take the life of God’s creatures that they may consume the flesh as a luxury? Let them, rather, return to the wholesome and delicious food given to man in the beginning, and themselves practice, and teach their children to practice, mercy toward the dumb creatures that God has made and has placed under our dominion. (The Ministry of Healing, p. 317, 1905)

Selfishness has brought discord into the church, filling it with unholy ambition.... Selfishness destroys Christlikeness, filling man with self-love. It leads to continual departure from righteousness. Christ says, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” But self-love is blind to the perfection which God requires.... {CS 24.3}

Knowledge in regard to how we shall eat, and drink, and dress, in reference to health, must be gained. Sickness is caused by violating the laws of health. Therefore, sickness is the result of nature’s violated law. The first duty we owe to God, to ourselves, and to our fellows, is to obey the laws of God, which include the laws of health. If we are sick, we impose a weary tax upon our friends, and unfit ourselves for discharging our duties to our families and to our neighbors. And when premature death is the result of our violation of nature’s law, we bring sorrow and suffering to others. We deprive our neighbors of the help we ought to render them in living. Our families are robbed of the comfort and help we might render them, and God is robbed of the service he claims of us to advance his glory. Then, are we not transgressors of God’s law in the worst sense? {HR October 1, 1872, Art. A, par. 13}
God, all-pitiful, gracious, and tender, accepts the poor offering rendered to him from those who have injured their health by sinful indulgences; and, when light has come and convinced them of sin, and they have repented and sought pardon, God receives them. Oh! what tender mercy that he does not refuse the remnant of the abused life of the suffering, repenting sinner. In his gracious mercy, he saves these souls as by fire. But what an inferior, pitiful sacrifice, at best, to offer to a pure and holy God. Noble faculties have been paralyzed by wrong habits of sinful indulgence. The aspirations are perverted, and the soul and body defaced. {HR October 1, 1872, Art. A, par. 14}

God’s ideal for His children is higher than the highest human thought can reach. The living God has given in His holy law a transcript of His character. The greatest Teacher the world has ever known is Jesus Christ; and what is the standard He has given for all who believe in Him? “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matthew 5:48. As God is perfect in His high sphere of action, so man may be perfect in his human sphere. {CT 365.2}

"I am filled with sadness when I think of our condition as a people. The Lord has not closed heaven to us, but our own course of continual backsliding has separated us from God. Pride, covetousness, and love of the world have lived in the heart without fear of banishment or condemnation. Grievous and presumptuous sins have dwelt among us. And yet the general opinion is that the church is flourishing and that peace and spiritual prosperity are in all her borders. T5;271

The strongest bulwark of vice in our world is not the iniquitous life of the abandoned sinner or the degraded outcast; it is that life which otherwise appears virtuous, honourable, and noble, but in which one sin is fostered, one vice indulged. . . . Genius, talent, sympathy, even generous and kindly deeds, may thus become decoys of Satan to entice souls over the precipice of ruin.--Ed 150 

Procure every advantage within your reach for strengthening the intellect. Let the study of books be combined with useful manual labor, and by faithful endeavor, watchfulness, and prayer, secure the wisdom that is from above. This will give you an all-round education. Thus you may rise in character and gain an influence over other minds, enabling you to lead them in the path of uprightness and holiness. {MYP 174.1}

The Lord has given man capacity for continualimprovement, and has granted him all possible aid in the work. Through the provisions of divine grace we may attain almost to the excellence of the angels.—The Review and Herald, June 20, 1882. (Our High Calling, 218.) {1MCP 9.1}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service